First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
PT
Tried to search, but got conflicting info. Does the factory steel spare have a TPMS sensor it? Some say only with paid upgrade to aluminum wheels, but that doesn't make sense.
Sponsored

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Tried to search, but got conflicting info. Does the factory steel spare have a TPMS sensor it? Some say only with paid upgrade to aluminum wheels, but that doesn't make sense.
Just had my factory spare broke down last weekend. 2021 Willys. No it doesn't have tpms.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Correct, it does not. Found this out when I upgraded all my tires and bought a matching spare wheel.

I added one to my matching Overland spare though.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
OP
OP
pcrawfordpt

pcrawfordpt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
PT

Sponsored

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Correct, it does not. Found this out when I upgraded all my tires and bought a matching spare wheel.

Did the same when I added the 5th fuel wheel as a spare. Added tpms and will now incorporate the spare during rotations.

OP
OP
pcrawfordpt

pcrawfordpt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
PT

This is what I am doing and want to do a 5 tire rotation. Looks like I need to buy a 5th sensor...

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Don't forget that after 6/21 FCA changed the tpms on the JT's and JL's. Check your build date on your door frame before ordering or installing a new tpms sensor.

OP
OP
pcrawfordpt

pcrawfordpt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
PT
Don't forget that after 6/21 FCA changed the tpms on the JT's and JL's. Check your build date on your door frame before ordering or installing a new tpms sensor.
I was already aware of this, but thanks for posting that for others in the same situation! Mine was purchased April 2021 so I need the 29093 TPMS sensor.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
That's the thread where I was needing clarification. Didn't want to open an old thread that was already needing clarification..
Seems pretty clear...
Yup. I have a fully matching wheel and tire as a spare, do a 5 tire rotation and have the sensors in all 5 - identical sensors I bought from Benny - allmoparparts.
Zero issues. When the tires get rotated by the time I leave the driveway things are working fine.

The stock spare has no TPMS - I guess why waste money when many people will never pull the stock tire down or if they do, years have passed.

And the bit on not sending a signal, etc. - when I've driven my truck and parked it on a 35 degree day and then go out the next day and it's 5 below, the tires at first still say 35 psi or so. Then I get to the end of the driveway and it freaks out because now they are 29 and 30 psi.

OP
OP
pcrawfordpt

pcrawfordpt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
PT
Do you know what the difference is? Frequency?
FFS…there were others mentioning they did have them, but they were alloys, so I wanted clarification. Sorry it seems to have bothered you so much…

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
FFS…there were others mentioning they did have them, but they were alloys, so I wanted clarification. Sorry it seems to have bothered you so much…
I think he meant what was the difference in the TPMS sensors between model years....
Sponsored