Sponsored

"Truck" or "Jeep"?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I used to post on DTR. Not in a while though. Been thinking of letting her go. We are empty nesters with 4 cars and I have 3 motorcycles. gotta start emptying the garage too.
I know what you mean. I’m selling off a lot of my project trucks, too. Hell, I’m even selling my Harley to use the money as a down payment on a piece of dirt with my name on it, instead of renting...
Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
My wife calls it the fruck. I think that is short for firetruck with out those five extra letters in the middle.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I looked at the badging. Sides say Jeep Gladiator; tailgate says Jeep. Nothing about truck. website is jeep.com. OTOH, Ram's website is ramtrucks.com so I come away from the official nomenclature saying I have a Jeep.

Yachtnutz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubi 2016 Range Rover supercharged LWB, F350 KR S/D, 30th Anniversary Camaro SS convertible
Everbody that sees it asked me what is that , and I tell them it’s a Jeep Gladiator . The look on their face is priceless !

Sponsored

Roklok

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
I call it both a truck , or a Jeep. It gets confusing as my GF has a Compass parked next to the Gladiator.

Pleease.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mercedes CLK350, 2016 Lexus GX460, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-AWD
I have a Honda Ridgeline, and the conventional-truck world mostly refuses to consider it a "truck", no matter how much it can haul or tow. Why do people get so worked up about this stuff - is it just their insecurity?

Yachtnutz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubi 2016 Range Rover supercharged LWB, F350 KR S/D, 30th Anniversary Camaro SS convertible
I really don’t care what other people think it’s my vehicle and I will call it what ever I want to !

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
For me it depends on the context of how I am using or discussing it. If we are working or towing it is my truck if recreating or commuting it the Jeep

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
I called my ‘60 Willys a Jeep truck, sometimes the Jeep Pickup, same for The ‘67 M715 I had. No surprise I call this Gladiator a Jeep truck, too. As in,” look for me in the gray Jeep truck”. Now, when I’m talking to the grandkids or the dog I may say “get in the Jeep” or “hop in the truck”. But I NEVER say “sure, you can borrow the truck...”.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Both. Your friend is like those goofballs who get upset if you call a Wrangler a "car."

OMG iTs NoT a caR itS A jeEp!!!!!!

Yes, it's a car, just like an X5 is a car. Get over yourself.
[/QUOTE

Jeep Gladiator "Truck" or "Jeep"? unnamed

Jeep Gladiator "Truck" or "Jeep"? images (1)

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
I have a Honda Ridgeline, and the conventional-truck world mostly refuses to consider it a "truck", no matter how much it can haul or tow. Why do people get so worked up about this stuff - is it just their insecurity?
Everyone gives us shit until we show up to the party with a trunk full of beer and ice!!! :CWL::rock::rock::rock::handsinair::handsinair::beer::beer::beer:

That said, I can't wait until I can trade up to a Jeep Truck! :jk:
Sponsored