Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
It's like calling a trailblazer a truck because it rides on a truck frame but is an SUV.
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
It's like calling a trailblazer a truck because it rides on a truck frame but is an SUV.
So you're saying it's accurate? Or saying it's not? I can't tell. A few people said "truck" about my Wrangler too, I found it odd but whatever.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Honda Ridgeline, and the conventional-truck world mostly refuses to consider it a "truck", no matter how much it can haul or tow. Why do people get so worked up about this stuff - is it just their insecurity?
If I was practical and didn't want a convertible, I would so have a Ridgeline. My son has one, cabin is immense and what other truck has a trunk.
Jeep Gladiator "Truck" or "Jeep"? 2019-Chevy-Silverado-vs-2019-Honda-Ridgeline-Ridgeline-State-Farm-Meme

Jeep Gladiator "Truck" or "Jeep"? images (2)

Yachtnutz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubi 2016 Range Rover supercharged LWB, F350 KR S/D, 30th Anniversary Camaro SS convertible

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Strick

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
So I keep alternating between calling my Gladiator either my truck or my Jeep and I have a non-Jeep owning friend who keeps getting miffed that I was calling it a truck. He didn't realize at first that it was a Gladiator and that it had a bed (sent him a pic since then) to which he has now stubbornly decided it's still a "Jeep" and if I wanted a "truck" I should've bought something else LoL. How do you guys refer to your Gladiators?
JT the Silver Bullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I was hoping nobody would take issue with that. I'm hispanic, so I was going to play that card if necessary, LOL.

I'm not a sports guy, so it was only a couple months ago that I learned that "roll tide" has a meaning other than incest. That's how it's always used on Reddit. My friends from Alabama had a great laugh at my expense.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was hoping nobody would take issue with that. I'm hispanic, so I was going to play that card if necessary, LOL.

I'm not a sports guy, so it was only a couple months ago that I learned that "roll tide" has a meaning other than incest. That's how it's always used on Reddit. My friends from Alabama had a great laugh at my expense.
I guess it’s better than having two crying pussy QB’s...McCoy & Manzell. :angel:

Seriously though, football season is too far away... Atleast this Kung-Flu will be over with before it starts. :like:

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
When I traded in my JKU, my daughter was inconsolable. She's 9. She loved that thing more than any of her toys., never wanted to drive in our other cars. My 12 year old boy really liked it but it was the girl who thought is was the coolest thing ever.

She insists that the Gladiator is a Jeep and tells her friends about her new Jeep and how she gets it in 7 years when she starts driving. For her, the fact it had air vents in the back seat and her own USB port made it ok. Everyone else has Trucks, she has a Jeep that can actually haul the boat and put stuff in the back.

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
"Jeep truck" is good for a formal definition but too long in casual conversation:
"I left my wallet in the Jeep truck" - nope.

For one word, it depends on the audience.

With nearly everyone I use truck.
"I left my keys in the truck."

With Jeepers or in an off road crowd I use Jeep.
"I flopped the Jeep on the last obstacle but didn't spill my beer."

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I've always used "car" for generic conversations with people who have no reason to know what I drive specifically. Trucks, vans, Jeeps, whatever.
Sponsored