Sponsored

"Truck" or "Jeep"?

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Sort of trolling with some opinions in there. Those aren't trucks...they're all just SUVs and cars with open cargo areas. "Real trucks" have separate beds for a reason. A Ridgeline is just a Honda CRV with no windows around the cargo.
If you want to get technical, a Ridgeline is a Pilot with no windows around the cargo area. :CWL:

Merriam-Webster defines a pickup-truck as "a light truck having an enclosed cab and an open body with low sides and tailgate". Nothing about the cab and bed having to be separate. Just saying...

(https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pickup truck)
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Ima gonna run a bolt between the bed and cab on the Gladiator and convert it to an SUV.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Its not a truck. Trucks have SEPARATE truck beds from the cab for a reason.
Exactly. :like: That’s like saying an El Camino or Ranchero is a truck.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Legally, in my state, the Wrangler is a station wagon.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
We need expert opinions...

Edmunds' Expert Review

It's the rare individual who needs a luxurious SUV cross-bred with a pickup truck. But if you're this rare shopper, the 2013 Cadillac Escalade EXT might be your best -- and only -- choice, despite its faults.

Vehicle overview
Pickup trucks are a staple of the American landscape. Whether serving as a rugged workhorse on construction sites or towing big toys to a vacation destination, trucks are the modern equivalent of the cowboy's faithful horse.
Today's pickups are available across the spectrum, from bare-bones work trucks to fully loaded luxury liners. At the sharp end of the luxury side is the 2013 Cadillac Escalade EXT. Based on the Chevrolet Avalanche mash-up of an SUV and pickup truck, the Escalade EXT features a unique midgate behind the rear seats that can be stowed to extend the truck bed into the passenger compartment. Of course it also comes with that special Cadillac opulence mostly unheard of in truck circles.
In theory, this gives owners the comfort of an SUV and the brawn of a truck. And in practice, you can indeed have the best of both worlds. We doubt, however, that most would consider hauling messier cargo that might spoil the upscale interior. Along with this peculiar versatility, the 2013 Cadillac Escalade EXT also suffers from some of the Avalanche's faults. The truck's large footprint makes it cumbersome in parking lots and the lack of rearward visibility further hampers close-quarter maneuverability.
On top of these drawbacks that are common to pickups, the Escalade EXT is also hindered by a limited towing and hauling capacity compared to conventional trucks. Furthermore, the Escalade's attractiveness to car thieves and its thirsty V8 engine should cause some concern.
As unique as the Escalade EXT is, luxury and pickup trucks aren't nearly as mutually exclusive as they once were. High-end versions of conventional trucks like the Ford F-150 King Ranch, GMC Sierra Denali and Ram 1500 Laramie all deliver surprising amounts of luxury, even if not quite on par with the Cadillac. These pickups do, however, benefit from better towing and hauling capability. But if you desire style over substance, there really is nothing quite like the 2013 Cadillac Escalade EXT.

Cadillac Escalade EXT models
Classified as a full-size luxury pickup, the 2013 Cadillac Escalade EXT is available in three trim levels: Base, Luxury and Premium.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We need expert opinions...

Edmunds' Expert Review

It's the rare individual who needs a luxurious SUV cross-bred with a pickup truck. But if you're this rare shopper, the 2013 Cadillac Escalade EXT might be your best -- and only -- choice, despite its faults.

Vehicle overview
Pickup trucks are a staple of the American landscape. Whether serving as a rugged workhorse on construction sites or towing big toys to a vacation destination, trucks are the modern equivalent of the cowboy's faithful horse.
Today's pickups are available across the spectrum, from bare-bones work trucks to fully loaded luxury liners. At the sharp end of the luxury side is the 2013 Cadillac Escalade EXT. Based on the Chevrolet Avalanche mash-up of an SUV and pickup truck, the Escalade EXT features a unique midgate behind the rear seats that can be stowed to extend the truck bed into the passenger compartment. Of course it also comes with that special Cadillac opulence mostly unheard of in truck circles.
In theory, this gives owners the comfort of an SUV and the brawn of a truck. And in practice, you can indeed have the best of both worlds. We doubt, however, that most would consider hauling messier cargo that might spoil the upscale interior. Along with this peculiar versatility, the 2013 Cadillac Escalade EXT also suffers from some of the Avalanche's faults. The truck's large footprint makes it cumbersome in parking lots and the lack of rearward visibility further hampers close-quarter maneuverability.
On top of these drawbacks that are common to pickups, the Escalade EXT is also hindered by a limited towing and hauling capacity compared to conventional trucks. Furthermore, the Escalade's attractiveness to car thieves and its thirsty V8 engine should cause some concern.
As unique as the Escalade EXT is, luxury and pickup trucks aren't nearly as mutually exclusive as they once were. High-end versions of conventional trucks like the Ford F-150 King Ranch, GMC Sierra Denali and Ram 1500 Laramie all deliver surprising amounts of luxury, even if not quite on par with the Cadillac. These pickups do, however, benefit from better towing and hauling capability. But if you desire style over substance, there really is nothing quite like the 2013 Cadillac Escalade EXT.

Cadillac Escalade EXT models
Classified as a full-size luxury pickup, the 2013 Cadillac Escalade EXT is available in three trim levels: Base, Luxury and Premium.
Everyone has a 1st Amendment right... That doesn't mean that all people talking are experts... And I'm referring to the editor of the article, not you. :like:

:CWL::CWL::CWL:

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Everyone has a 1st Amendment right... That doesn't mean that all people talking are experts... And I'm referring to the editor of the article, not you. :like:

:CWL::CWL::CWL:

Lol. My man in Alabamastan! And we were just settling back into normal jeep arguments! It's alright I like you enough to get thrown off this thread same as we got thrown off the last one we hijacked. We probably both like the song Good Ole Boys by Waylon. So here's the funnies from today's paper. The first one has words., so there is reading involved. But it's hilarious. You don't even have to read the article, just the headline, and you will laugh.

Joke of the day #1.

https://apnews.com/
Trump’s new press secretary pledges not to lie from podium

and #2 :
Jeep Gladiator "Truck" or "Jeep"? jo200501c

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You're not going to offend me... You should remember, I'm a Constitutionalist Conservative...Not necessarily a Republican...They're just as spineless and nutless as the Democrats and Liberals are evil and anti-freedom. 2 sides of the same coin. I'm not Trump's biggest fan...But I do love his trolling. He is top-notch at pissing off the anti-American Dems/Libs and making them go ape-shit with 1 simple sentence, so I do respect him for that. ;)

Seriously though...I am glad to see some of yall posting again...I think we can all rib a bit without getting personal (hopefully this time). In the end, we're all still Gladiator enthusiasts, right? :like:

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Cheeto Jesus talks like some of the anti-gun morons in that video.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A, 1968 Jeepster Commando, M422 Mighty Mite and 2020 Gladiator Bright White
Vehicle Showcase
TJ already had "Jeep" so Gladiator is "Truck"

TRM07

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2007 JK
When my wife and I go anywhere the gladiator is the truck, my JK is my Jeep, and her JK is her Jeep. My gladiator and jk are both red, so she gets mad when I say we’ll take the red one.

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
My neighbors call mine a Juck

Bruce
Sponsored