TSB steering issue fixed!

alexworthy

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 M5
What is the difference in the redesigned gearbox? I know the new one is steel but dont think material choice alone is the reason for the bad steering. I am curious to know why the aluminum one has a bad design.
Sponsored

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Go through Jeep Cares. I got more traction on this in 3 hours with them. I just need to fill out a thing and they will escalate it. I PMed them and they were all over it.
Same here.
Thank you Jeep Cares!!!!

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Took 4.5 hours to do mine.
Besides being cast iron (maybe steel?) The new box also looks like a different casting. I've been waiting for some one to to obtain the old box and open it up just to see what goodies are inside.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
They didn't realigned mine??? The said they do nothing to affected the alignment.
Why are some doing this? Seems to be a lot of inconsistency in what's actually performed.
FYI, mines drives perfectly straight afterwards.
There is no impact on alignment. If it's off after it was off before.

OP
OP
Moab

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
Just catching up on this thread.
My steering box swap took about 4.5 hrs. They gave me a Hemi Ram to play with while they worked on the Gladiator. The Ram was cool but I love the Jeep! I could be persuaded to buy a Hemi BUT only if they cram it in the Gladiator. Ok enough rambling.
No alignment on mine. After 500 miles
still tracks perfectly. No more constant correcting. Extremely pleased. Now I need to get that trailer brake business sorted! Glad to see that’s finally (officially) available. Good luck guys.

954B6DD2-BABB-4CF0-9BE4-0F988AD4A306.jpeg

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Just catching up on this thread.
My steering box swap took about 4.5 hrs. They gave me a Hemi Ram to play with while they worked on the Gladiator. The Ram was cool but I love the Jeep! I could be persuaded to buy a Hemi BUT only if they cram it in the Gladiator. Ok enough rambling.
No alignment on mine. After 500 miles
still tracks perfectly. No more constant correcting. Extremely pleased. Now I need to get that trailer brake business sorted! Glad to see that’s finally (officially) available. Good luck guys.

Jeep Gladiator TSB steering issue fixed! 954B6DD2-BABB-4CF0-9BE4-0F988AD4A306

Sounds like I need to ask them for something to play with while I wait, never driven a hemi. Not sure I want to though, wanting one of those engines can be costly....

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I also had a persistent pull to the right, and got mine done last week. It took several weeks to get the parts, the long bolt was the major hold up, the other parts come in quickly. My dealer gave the JT a quick test drive and ran the computer check, then ordered the parts right away. They even had the frint aligned after replacing the steering bits. Grand service from them.

The TSB replacement fixed the issuem stearing is much tighter now. Glad I did not wait, given the parts backlog.
cheers
I'm like you -- I can't say enough good things about the service I received from Patterson Jeep in Kilgore, TX. They knocked it out of the park for me. That's pretty consistent with everything they do, though -- their service department is top-notch.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Confirmed that I have the TSB. Parts ordered. @JeepCares Much thanks to them. They were on it and escalated this. If you have the issue, contact them first. Customer service from them was outstanding.

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
So
Arts are in and replacement scheduled for tomorrow. Update after service completed. Fingers crossed!!

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon LE
Just had mine completed today. It only took 2 months to get the parts and in for service.

I could tell a difference instantly. The steering felt much heavier and solid in the parking lot. Once I made it to the highway, it was much easier to control and steer with one hand.

All and all, really happy with the TSB. Wish they would have given me a nice vehicle to drive while they had my Jeep for the day...would never buy a Cherokee

Sponsored

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I got mine done yesterday. It's a fantastic improvement, but I would also say it's still not going to drive like our Grand Cherokee or Commander. I am sure the people following me yesterday thought I was driving under the influence as I was getting the JT shaking back and forth when I was testing out the fix. I am happy and it's a substantial improvement over pre-fix.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
I got mine done yesterday. It's a fantastic improvement, but I would also say it's still not going to drive like our Grand Cherokee or Commander. I am sure the people following me yesterday thought I was driving under the influence as I was getting the JT shaking back and forth when I was testing out the fix. I am happy and it's a substantial improvement over pre-fix.
Same here, got mine done yesterday. My initial impression mirrors yours.

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Mines in now having the TSB done. Hope the results are as good as those mentioned here! I’ll know in a couple of hours.

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
TSB completed and results are a BIGGGGGG improvement. Hit the hwy immediately after picking it up and could tell a huge difference. I was actually able to take my hands off the wheel for 5-7 seconds with no wander and it stayed true in my lane (no one near me when I did this of course). Actions taken: 1) replaced gear box (3 weeks from order to installation), 2) flashed the EPS and performed a vehicle "restore" (not sure what that's all about), and 3) flushed/refilled the steering fluid. Big shout out to Dave Dennis CJDR in Beavercreek, Ohio for taking care of me, and to Jeep for finally addressing an issue that has plagued our community for a long time.

PunknJLBlackJT

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon and 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Estimator for Pharma facilities
Vehicle Showcase
We actually took my wife's JL in a couple weeks ago after we bought my gladiator and noticed a significant difference in the steering between the two. Took them 3 days to actually diagnose it which sucked, but from what I read they are one of the few lift friendly dealerships in my area and didn't say a word about the aftermarket lift or 35's. Parts should be in November/December hopefully. Until then its going to be sitting in the garage since we got the gladiator neither of us want to drive the JL any more..
Sponsored