TSB steering issue fixed!

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Yes, the dealer service tech, just wanted to see what the issue was, not verify it as such. He did run the code check, to see what was going on. They still ordered the parts and did the repair, without any issue.
cheers
Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I asked my service guy about the TSB on the steering box replacement, he had the parts ordered before our conversation was over, parts are supposed to be in next week, they already have the bolt kit. I’m going to remove my synergy bracket, and my winch (I do believe they have to remove the grill) before I bring it in
Which dealer is that? Nationwide shortage would indicate you are on the tail end of the list for getting parts ordered. I thought mine would be ordered a month ago and i’m Still waiting for confirmation the order is placed. Just for sanity’s sake you should check with the parts Dept to ensure your order is placed and not just sitting on the desk waiting.

GreatGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Security Technician
I am 1 week in to waiting for my dealer to order the parts. Looking forward to the work to be done and to feel the difference. Thanks for posting the before and after with pics!

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
The TSB is clear. Customer complains, they fix. Period.

I am waiting on parts and have been told Jan or Feb because they are doing so many of them. Each dealer only gets ONE kit every two weeks due to allocation.

GreatGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Security Technician
The TSB is clear. Customer complains, they fix. Period.

I am waiting on parts and have been told Jan or Feb because they are doing so many of them. Each dealer only gets ONE kit every two weeks due to allocation.
I had no issues with my dealer. Walked in, told them what I was experiencing. Showed them the TSB. 5 minutes later they confirmed they would order the parts and call me to schedule the work. Sign on the dotted line and leave. They did not take one look at my truck. TBH I was expecting more of an issue but so far so good.

Sponsored

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my call that parts are in. I was the first one to go in and still over 46 day wait. Soooo excited. Appointment on Thursday.​

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
My parts ETA is 15 Oct. hoping the dealer is correct.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
"This bulletin is supplied as technical information only and is not an authorization for repair. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without written permission of FCA US LLC."

I supposed I should not print it out and go in there with a hi-lighter. :clap:
Lol that's EXACTLY what I did. I highlighted the part #, the symptoms, and the line "fix it".
They did.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
For those of you that got the TSB completed how long did it take? My dealer told me that I will need to drop it off since it is an all day job like 8-9 hours. Want to see if I can push back on that since it is kind of hard to drop off a truck considering I have to drive it there. Or do you push them for a free rental?

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you that got the TSB completed how long did it take? My dealer told me that I will need to drop it off since it is an all day job like 8-9 hours. Want to see if I can push back on that since it is kind of hard to drop off a truck considering I have to drive it there. Or do you push them for a free rental?
They told me 2 hrs but took 6.

Sponsored

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Plan on a one day job, dropped mine off at mid day and got it back the next morning. The delay is the front end is realigned after the new stearing bits are put on. This adds the extra time, as not all dealers can do a front end align and farm this out. Mine was delayed at the alignment shop.
cheers

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
They told me 2 hrs but took 6.

Plan on a one day job, dropped mine off at mid day and got it back the next morning. The delay is the front end is realigned after the new stearing bits are put on. This adds the extra time, as not all dealers can do a front end align and farm this out. Mine was delayed at the alignment shop.
cheers

Damn. Guess it really does take a while. Guess I better just prepare to work from there for an entire day. get there early, move some furnature around and claim my office space.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
It's a beast of an issue is what my dealer said.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
They didn't realigned mine??? The said they do nothing to affected the alignment.
Why are some doing this? Seems to be a lot of inconsistency in what's actually performed.
FYI, mines drives perfectly straight afterwards.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Go through Jeep Cares. I got more traction on this in 3 hours with them. I just need to fill out a thing and they will escalate it. I PMed them and they were all over it.
Sponsored