Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Hello all. Regarding the "improved service bulletin" replacing the steering gear and updated software, for those who have had this done at a jeep dealer, is this covered under warranty?
My Gladiator goes in tomorrow for this issue and was curious if I'm in for a fight on getting this procedure covered for free?
Thank you, Gary Ameling
I think a tsb is covered in or out of warranty.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I think a tsb is covered in or out of warranty.
A TSB provides a repair procedure for a known issue. It is covered as a warranty repair if the vehicle is still covered by the factory warranty. No guarantee for free repair if outside the warranty, unlike a recall which applies for the life of the vehicle.

Deleted member 34323

A TSB provides a repair procedure for a known issue. It is covered as a warranty repair if the vehicle is still covered by the factory warranty. No guarantee for free repair if outside the warranty, unlike a recall which applies for the life of the vehicle.
thank you Bill for this info.
Gary

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Went in today for my first oil change/tire rotation and was discussing or trying to discuss the TSB with them. Immediately they went into there has to be a legitimate reason and proof that there is an issue but we are not aware of any TSB regarding the steering. I said well no that is not correct the TSB says if the customer feels there is an issue then repair it. He then went into a twit about how did I get ahold of TSB information and I showed him the paper and said it doesn't matter. He then went into twit about well I would have to check with Technical about this and they would need to check this out to see if its an issue. I said you can check with them but I am not asking you to change the steering box at this time I am only asking you all to flash the system while its in for oil change since they said that might help and mine is not really an issue until I get up to highway speed. But the steering wheel does have about an inch of play or dead spot in it. Then it was well that is just how jeeps drive perhaps it needs an alignment. I mentioned that the dealership I bought the JT from did a full alignment when they put on the Rubi take offs and its documented. Then it was if we look into this there may a charge for it. I said no there would be no charge. I asked him to just follow the paper and flash it while you have it in can't be that big a thing to do. This went on and on for like 30 minutes with him constantly trying to avoid it. I pulled the TSB paper from the seat again and said look give this to the tech and ask them to flash the system and I will see if it makes things better. If so all good, if not then I will make an appointment at a later time to look into the other possible change since the parts are on back order. He said how do you know all of this. I said social media, he said you can't believe any of that stuff you read or hear on those forums. I said I believe the info I get from them more than I do from you all. I have been here 30 minutes for something that should have taken like 10 minutes to drop off my JT. Its a brand new truck with a platinum extended warranty and there is a TSB document which you have in your hands geez just look into it. Finally he just said we will call you when its ready and if we find out anything.

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
Went in today for my first oil change/tire rotation and was discussing or trying to discuss the TSB with them. Immediately they went into there has to be a legitimate reason and proof that there is an issue but we are not aware of any TSB regarding the steering. I said well no that is not correct the TSB says if the customer feels there is an issue then repair it. He then went into a twit about how did I get ahold of TSB information and I showed him the paper and said it doesn't matter. He then went into twit about well I would have to check with Technical about this and they would need to check this out to see if its an issue. I said you can check with them but I am not asking you to change the steering box at this time I am only asking you all to flash the system while its in for oil change since they said that might help and mine is not really an issue until I get up to highway speed. But the steering wheel does have about an inch of play or dead spot in it. Then it was well that is just how jeeps drive perhaps it needs an alignment. I mentioned that the dealership I bought the JT from did a full alignment when they put on the Rubi take offs and its documented. Then it was if we look into this there may a charge for it. I said no there would be no charge. I asked him to just follow the paper and flash it while you have it in can't be that big a thing to do. This went on and on for like 30 minutes with him constantly trying to avoid it. I pulled the TSB paper from the seat again and said look give this to the tech and ask them to flash the system and I will see if it makes things better. If so all good, if not then I will make an appointment at a later time to look into the other possible change since the parts are on back order. He said how do you know all of this. I said social media, he said you can't believe any of that stuff you read or hear on those forums. I said I believe the info I get from them more than I do from you all. I have been here 30 minutes for something that should have taken like 10 minutes to drop off my JT. Its a brand new truck with a platinum extended warranty and there is a TSB document which you have in your hands geez just look into it. Finally he just said we will call you when its ready and if we find out anything.
great....looking forward to taking mine in this morning for an oil change/tire rotation and...bringing up this TSB.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update got a text from the dealership they want me to pay $196.44 to perform the flash. That's not going to happen.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Update got a text from the dealership they want me to pay $196.44 to perform the flash. That's not going to happen.
Time to find a better dealer. Surprised more people don’t use the survey for leverage when they are treated this way. That is certainly no way to get a perfect score.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time to find a better dealer. Surprised more people don’t use the survey for leverage when they are treated this way. That is certainly no way to get a perfect score.
Well that is the closest one to me and with work its not easy driving out to the other dealerships who might react the same way. I used to bring my Ram 1500 there and had no issues. I likely would not have had any issues just going for the Oil Change and Tire Rotation. They just went sour when I was discussing the TSB with them. Flashing the truck shouldn't be that big of a deal. Not like I was asking them to change the steering box.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealership called said they don't see any issues with the truck steering and no dead spot. All software is already up to day so they are not going to be going any further.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had 2 dealerships willing to replace mine.
Yea I will have to either try other dealerships or wait a bit more and let it get worse. I did contact Jeep Cares and advised them that the dealership won't assist. So not sure where that will go

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I've had 2 dealerships willing to replace mine.
I talked to a second dealer today. No problem with doing the work, just a four month estimate to get the part. I would be ninth on the list, and they are only allowed to order one box every three weeks.

The first dealer ordered the parts, but also said Jeep put a temporary hold on the TSB. He estimated three months to get the box.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I talked to a second dealer today. No problem with doing the work, just a four month estimate to get the part. I would be ninth on the list, and they are only allowed to order one box every three weeks.

The first dealer ordered the parts, but also said Jeep put a temporary hold on the TSB. He estimated three months to get the box.
Around here there aren't many requests, and parts took couple weeks.

BT911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
I just bought a 21 sport S and the steering does feel like it has too much play in it. Does anyone know if this issue carried over from the 2020’s to the 21’s?
Sponsored