GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My 8.4 screen will freeze up and will not respond to any tapping of the screen. Also had the nav stay on the loading page (world globe) for 3 hours during a road trip on more than 1 occasion. The last time it froze up it started switching between all the screens, turning on my drivers heated seat from high..medium..low. turning on & off the heated steering wheel. I was a bit concerned what other safety controls it could have shut off while driving. I took videos of this the couple times this happened and need to get it into the dealer, but my thought is if they cannot replicate the issue nothing will be done even with videos.
Sponsored

Gladiator8258

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
My 8.4 screen will freeze up and will not respond to any tapping of the screen. Also had the nav stay on the loading page (world globe) for 3 hours during a road trip on more than 1 occasion. The last time it froze up it started switching between all the screens, turning on my drivers heated seat from high..medium..low. turning on & off the heated steering wheel. I was a bit concerned what other safety controls it could have shut off while driving. I took videos of this the couple times this happened and need to get it into the dealer, but my thought is if they cannot replicate the issue nothing will be done even with videos.
This is the same issue Iā€™m experiencing. The entire screen and controls freeze up after a crackling sound for about 5 seconds. The screen sticks frozen and the touchscreen and all of the button controls do not function for about 2 minutes until the system auto reboots with the Jeep logo. This now happens at least every other time Iā€™m driving. Iā€™ve video recorded it three times. Itā€™s been to the dealership and theyā€™ve stated unless it happens while they have it, thereā€™s nothing they can do as they canā€™t produce an error code. This began a 15-minute argument between me and the service advisor that got us nowhere.

Itā€™s going back in for a second time before the issue is escalated to FCA.

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This is the same issue Iā€™m experiencing. The entire screen and controls freeze up after a crackling sound for about 5 seconds. The screen sticks frozen and the touchscreen and all of the button controls do not function for about 2 minutes until the system auto reboots with the Jeep logo. This now happens at least every other time Iā€™m driving. Iā€™ve video recorded it three times. Itā€™s been to the dealership and theyā€™ve stated unless it happens while they have it, thereā€™s nothing they can do as they canā€™t produce an error code. This began a 15-minute argument between me and the service advisor that got us nowhere.

I would get @JeepCares Involved and see if they can help especially if you have video of it.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Jeep Cares

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2ā€ Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
On my Uconnect 8.4N I have favorites set up in SiriusXM so when one of my favorite artists comes on the air, I get an alert. Recently however it quit working. The favorite icon will show up on the top of the screen with an alert sound like normal, but it will disappear before I have a chance to click on it. When I go to browse then select my favorites on the air, it will show none playing.
This started happening to me...ALL the time! It was the least of other concerning ā€œbehaviorā€ which included the infotainment system intermittently shutting off and then rebooting itself, ending phone calls, GPS etc. for a directionally challenged person it was nerve wracking when driving in unfamiliar places...yikes. The HVAC is also running wild...so hot it makes my fingers uncomfortable on the wheel when temp is set at 69 or lower or so cold Iā€™m turning blue when itā€™s set at 78 or above...it randomly does ā€œthe oppositeā€ and will not ā€œadjustā€ until the vehicle is turned off and restarted...IF that works...sometimes it doesnā€™t?! Of course when I took it in to dealer, it was acting up so I left the vehicle running to show them when I checked in but by the time theyā€™d turned it off and had a tech working on it, Clifford decided to behave and the tech couldnā€™t experience the anomaly and nothing showed up on the computer codes...ugh! However they are replacing the infotainment system (for the other issues) and Iā€™m hoping itā€™s some weird communication or lack of communication between the on screen temp and what actually occurs...weā€™ll see...

Sponsored

Rocco-1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition
Occupation
Musician
Is it possible to plug a memory stick full of Mp3 music files into the media USB port and access the music through the system? I get error messages stating that there's a problem and I should reconnect.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Iā€™m not really sure whatā€™s up but my wifeā€™s JLU freezes up all the time. Sheā€™s not bothered by it because she never really uses it but every time I try to open the 4 wheel drive page..... nothing... for at least 5 minutes. Ongoing for two years.

yes... software update completed last month.

I guess Iā€™m not expecting it to ever work

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Is it possible to plug a memory stick full of Mp3 music files into the media USB port and access the music through the system? I get error messages stating that there's a problem and I should reconnect.
Yes, I have a full stick of mp3s in the center console outlet, works awesome for me. Some have reported the one in the center console gets picky sometimes, do you have the problem in both outlets?

Try to reformat the stick so you're starting clean, and there are only mp3s on the drive, nothing else that it has to decide how to decipher. Putting the files into folders is OK, it doesn't seem to care about that.

Rocco-1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition
Occupation
Musician
Yes, I have a full stick of mp3s in the center console outlet, works awesome for me. Some have reported the one in the center console gets picky sometimes, do you have the problem in both outlets?

Try to reformat the stick so you're starting clean, and there are only mp3s on the drive, nothing else that it has to decide how to decipher. Putting the files into folders is OK, it doesn't seem to care about that.
Thanks! I'll follow your advice.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I had a radio that the screen would go half white and eventually come back. Everything else worked fine. The dealer replaced it last week and the screen is fine but the XM inside the radio is busted. It says no service or signal and contact dealer. And the GPS is busted, so no navigation, no clock and no locations. They confirmed and ordered another replacement but the last one took three months. I just paid a lot of money to renew XM and Guardian. They can't suspend it because of travel link or something. I wish the tech would have tested my radio before giving it back. The old one has already been sent off.

Sponsored

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I've had the no audio issue twice. Never thought to press the AM button. Happens again I'll try that. My solution has been to just live with it until I get where I'm going, shut it off, and open the door to kill power. When I get back in, audio came back.

My reverse camera does glitch, it's like a tv with a bad station reception, it's somewhat distracting but it works. I'd say 1 in 10 times I get no reverse lines at all. It's minor, I'll live with it until she goes in for her first oil change. I almost think it's the camera itself giving issues more so then the radio. Aside from these little things it's actually quite a nice system. No pairing or remembering last source issues at all.
The new post here reminds me I never updated this. Waited for the first oil change, and mention my back up camera issue. They said they tested the radio and found "multiple faults". Ordered a new 8.4, took about 3 weeks to come in. Dealer installed it, and it's been perfect ever since. My money was on the camera itself being the problem, but I guess not.

And now...my wife picked up a 21 JLU with 8.4, her reverse guidance lines are missing 90% of the time. Yay. She doesn't care enough to make the 30 mile trip back to the dealer for just that, so once again, I'll bring it up when that is due for it's first oil change.

Deleted member 28696

The Uconnect Screen on my 2021 JTR had a glitch today where 1/4 of the screen turned completely white, I turned it off and then on and still the same. You could only see about 1/2 of the backup camera if that, the touch screen still worked but you couldn't tell what you were hitting since part of it was completely gone. I went and walked around the lake took some photos and came back turned on the vehicle and then noticed that that the white was fading like a sunspot glare and it slowly faded back to normal by the time I arrived home. I did some research and I see people in the wrangler forum complaining about the same issue, some have photos so I know it's the same symptom. I really haven't had any issues with it until today.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
The Uconnect Screen on my 2021 JTR had a glitch today where 1/4 of the screen turned completely white, I turned it off and then on and still the same. You could only see about 1/2 of the backup camera if that, the touch screen still worked but you couldn't tell what you were hitting since part of it was completely gone. I went and walked around the lake took some photos and came back turned on the vehicle and then noticed that that the white was fading like a sunspot glare and it slowly faded back to normal by the time I arrived home. I did some research and I see people in the wrangler forum complaining about the same issue, some have photos so I know it's the same symptom. I really haven't had any issues with it until today.
I had that exact problem one time. I took a picture of it and showed the dealer. I told them to just note it because it was working fine now. He ordered me a new radio. 2 radios later, this one has been fine.

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
I had that exact problem one time. I took a picture of it and showed the dealer. I told them to just note it because it was working fine now. He ordered me a new radio. 2 radios later, this one has been fine.
My current issue is it seems like buttons are being pushed when they are not. This just started out of the blue. I also occasionally have the lock up and reboot issue. Restarting my truck did not fix:

*edit* after about 2-3 hours of sitting i turned the truck back on with no issues :P

Last edited:

Deleted member 28696

Starting an issues log to keep track issues/bugs/oddities with the 8.4 Uconnect system. I'm three weeks in with my Overland and this is what I've experienced:

1. Without the key fob on me, if I open any door the screen illuminates with the Jeep logo, then shuts off. Why does it even turn on? Maybe no issue, but then if I get the key fob it takes me three cycles on the push to start to actually start the engine.
2. No audio. I found this is a similar glitch on the '18 JL's. Randomly I get no audio, regardless of source, including the hands-free steering wheel button. The only solution is to push the AM input button. Yup, that works. Quirky, ain't it :)
3. The Audio icon does not hold it's current station. Sometimes if I'm listing to SiriusXM it will display the FM radio station that I was listening to.
4. Twitching back up camera lines. Sometimes they just shake. I know the JL's have had issues on them going silent, but my sometimes just dance around.

Any other issues out there?
Was wondering if others were experiencing this issue?

The Uconnect Screen on my 2021 JTR had a glitch today where 1/4 of the screen turned completely white, I turned it off and then on and still the same. You could only see about 1/2 of the backup camera if that, the touch screen still worked but you couldn't tell what you were hitting since part of it was completely gone. I went and walked around the lake took some photos and came back turned on the vehicle and then noticed that that the white was fading like a sunspot glare and it slowly faded back to normal by the time I arrived home. I did some research and I see people in the wrangler forum complaining about the same issue, some have photos posted so I know it's the same symptom. I haven't seen this issue posted in the Gladiator forum, maybe I missed it. I really haven't had any issues with it until today I've had the vehicle for about 6 months now.
Sponsored