First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired US Army and Department of the Army Retired Civilian
I recently purchased a 2020 Rubican Gladiator. I'm looking for a lockable storage box that I can mount under the driver's seat. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
Sponsored

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I just did a search for one last week and couldn’t find anything for a JT.

Hoping someone makes it. Had one on my JKU and it was great to have!!

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I really do not think there is any custom lockable under drivers seat boxes for the JL/JT. Part of the issue is that the under seat access from the front is noticeable smaller and there is also now side seat air bag connections under there that present liability concerns for anybody making them.

On the JK's there was more room under there and side seat air bags was a way later thing in JK production and optional.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I'm with Hootbro, I haven't heard of anything for under the front seat(s.)
There are several options for locking storage under the rear seat, including a couple of DIY options.

Kevin

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clawman1959

Clawman1959

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I just did a search for one last week and couldn’t find anything for a JT.

Hoping someone makes it. Had one on my JKU and it was great to have!!
Thanks I have also been looking with no luck

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
I recently purchased a 2020 Rubican Gladiator. I'm looking for a lockable storage box that I can mount under the driver's seat. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
ROAM adventure makes awesome hardshell, lockable cases in a bunch of different sizes. Each latch on the boxes can be locked using small padlocks. What are the measurements underneath the seat of the Gladiator? I'm happy to try and find a perfect fit for you. Can try and help you too, @Clawman1959

https://offroadalliance.com/products/the-rugged-case-by-roam/

OP
OP
Clawman1959

Clawman1959

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I came up with a solution until something better comes up. I had a pistol lockbox lying around so I mounted it under the rear seat on the driver’s side using the bolts holding down plastic OEM storage box, so no modifications to the Jeep at all, and if I need to lock up my pistol I will be able too.
Jeep Gladiator Under Drivers Seat Lock Box 9BA5F4AC-FA3D-4F17-95CA-D6D53E426D76
Jeep Gladiator Under Drivers Seat Lock Box 89F5B3CB-0D5C-46E3-9B6C-69D7F68BBD45
Jeep Gladiator Under Drivers Seat Lock Box 4731A5B7-BEDF-48AD-8133-FBE8B886A843

Last edited:

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I came up with a solution until something better comes up. I had a pistol lockbox lying around so I mounted it under the rear seat on the passenger side using the bolts holding down plastic OEM storage box, so no modifications to the Jeep at all, and if I need to lock up my pistol I will be e able too.
Great idea! I have a similar box that’s normally used with a cable lock. from what I understand, the Tuffy rear lock Box actually mounts the same way. How was laying out the holes to drill in the box? Did you make a cardboard template Or just measured and winged it?

OP
OP
Clawman1959

Clawman1959

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I removed the plastic storage box from the Jeep flipped it over and held the lock box where I wanted it mounted and marked the holes on the gun case and drilled them. I then went to Home Depot and bought two longer M6 screws, 2 flat washers and two thick plastic bushings. I put the bushings in the indent between the OEM storage box and the bottom of the gun box so it was more solid when I mounted the box and used blue lock tight.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clawman1959

Clawman1959

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sorry forgot to mention that my response was for Ar4130

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
ROAM adventure makes awesome hardshell, lockable cases in a bunch of different sizes. Each latch on the boxes can be locked using small padlocks. What are the measurements underneath the seat of the Gladiator? I'm happy to try and find a perfect fit for you. Can try and help you too, @Clawman1959

https://offroadalliance.com/products/the-rugged-case-by-roam/
The space is tiny. I don't think you could even fit a solo pistol lockbox under either front seat (like the one the OP used in thread entry #8 - above). It's big enough to slip your toes under the seat, but not much more than that. Disappointing too. I had hoped to move my lockbox from the JKU to the JT, but that ain't happening.

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
The space is tiny. I don't think you could even fit a solo pistol lockbox under either front seat (like the one the OP used in thread entry #8 - above). It's big enough to slip your toes under the seat, but not much more than that. Disappointing too. I had hoped to move my lockbox from the JKU to the JT, but that ain't happening.
You can fit a single box like above under there. That's my current setup. A mobile box with cable lock. I took a strong magnet and zip-tied it to the rear part of the seat frame. When I slide the box back, the magnet grabs it. So far, under heavy braking, the box has never moved.

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
I removed the plastic storage box from the Jeep flipped it over and held the lock box where I wanted it mounted and marked the holes on the gun case and drilled them. I then went to Home Depot and bought two longer M6 screws, 2 flat washers and two thick plastic bushings. I put the bushings in the indent between the OEM storage box and the bottom of the gun box so it was more solid when I mounted the box and used blue lock tight.
I finally got the chance to do mine đź‘Ť

20220306_202321.jpg

OP
OP
Clawman1959

Clawman1959

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
AR4130,
Looks good. I preffered it bolted down -vs- a cable lock which was an option with my box. I see yours is also bolted down.
Sponsored

Last edited: