Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
In my opinion- Jasper. For any application they sell, they typically fix whatever original problems existed. No complaints on our Jasper Pentastar in our '14 JK.
I put a Jasper transmission in my 2010 JKU and a year later the torque convertor went out. Instead of just replacing the torque convertor they opted to swap the whole transmission under warranty and paid to have it put back in as well. 3yr 100,000 mile warranty, worth every penny I paid for it. I'd definitely buy from them again.
Sponsored

TheRealStreetcommander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
None of your business.
Jasper rebuild products have been very good in my experience. That said, with the statistically very high reliabilty of the Pentastar, you’d probably be better served swapping in any random used low mile Pentastar over a Jasper rebuild in my view.

In regards to the lifter reversal theory, we should work to correct that misunderstanding. The intake and exhaust lifters in the 3.6 PSU are dimensionally incompatible and cannot be mismatched or re-assembled in the wrong bore. Jeep did not accidentally build any engines with intake and exhaust lifters reversed. The originator of the lifter reversal concept has gone on record to clarify that. Major credit to him for it.

OP
OP

Nexstar7

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Maintenance
Every time I scroll through Facebook or YouTube. I see the same three companies that sell Remanufactured engines. But when you look at the reviews and there customer service . it's very nerve racking.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Jasper rebuild products have been very good in my experience. That said, with the statistically very high reliabilty of the Pentastar, you’d probably be better served swapping in any random used low mile Pentastar over a Jasper rebuild in my view.
When our '14 Pentastar detonated at 110k miles, the Jasper unit was the same cost as a 60-80k mi takeout with zero warranty.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
When our '14 Pentastar detonated at 110k miles, the Jasper unit was the same cost as a 60-80k mi takeout with zero warranty.
How has the Jasper replacement been holding up?

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Not sure if I buy the idea that the issues were resolved after the 20-21 model year. They guy that bought my 22 Gladiator has had it in the shop three times since buying it for misfire / cam issues. He thinks they will be replacing the head / cam this time.
Sponsored