Sponsored

Anyone ever swap out the 3.6 gasser for the 3.0 diesel?

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I SOOOOO Get that!
Good comparison: Before I went to flight school and converted to an officer, I was an enlisted soldier in a tank battalion.
The bottom line is: The warrant officer is all better now...
A drift O.T. on your thread: Are you on Ret. Side now or A.D. I figured Ret reading M60 tanks... if on Ret. side you flying civ. Medvac flights? If so I might know one of your fellow pilots, "Clay" I noticing the KY home, he mentioned to me someone named Don I think and someone with a Gladiator.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Flyin6

Flyin6

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com
Vehicle(s)
22AEV JT, 22 Ram 3500, Suburban 2500, 22 Caddy XT6
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aviator (military) Commercial pilot, rotary and fixed wing, Writer
A drift O.T. on your thread: Are you on Ret. Side now or A.D. I figured Ret reading M60 tanks... if on Ret. side you flying civ. Medvac flights? If so I might know one of your fellow pilots, "Clay" I noticing the KY home, he mentioned to me someone named Don I think, and someone with a Gladiator.
I know a Clay Hut______ who pinned a star not long ago. I knew him at Campbell. We flew for that crazy unit there when he and I were much younger. Retired now, and I i think am all done with sport flying. My career ended suddenly in southern Afghanistan. I was medevaced home to a new life. I actually did a long Armee career then a second flying career as a contract pilot in all the vacation spots...Iraq...Afghanistan... I didn't have any interest in medevac jobs or anything of a nonmilitary flavor. 5 years of flying commercial airliners cured me of that!

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I know a Clay Hut______ who pinned a star not long ago. I knew him at Campbell. We flew for that crazy unit there when he and I were much younger. Retired now, and I i think am all done with sport flying. My career ended suddenly in southern Afghanistan. I was medevaced home to a new life. I actually did a long Armee career then a second flying career as a contract pilot in all the vacation spots...Iraq...Afghanistan... I didn't have any interest in medevac jobs or anything of a nonmilitary flavor. 5 years of flying commercial airliners cured me of that!
:like: definitely a different "Clay" he was at Ft Rucker at retirement a WO3/4 he's now flying the civ medvac flights.
I didn't get to spend any time in that one but quite some time in Iraq. Got a long tour in 03-04. I actually was trying to stay there then too. In 6 months I paid off half my mortgage. Just a old E-6 here FYI.

OP
OP
Flyin6

Flyin6

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com
Vehicle(s)
22AEV JT, 22 Ram 3500, Suburban 2500, 22 Caddy XT6
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aviator (military) Commercial pilot, rotary and fixed wing, Writer
:like: definitely a different "Clay" he was at Ft Rucker at retirement a WO3/4 he's now flying the civ medvac flights.
I didn't get to spend any time in that one but quite some time in Iraq. Got a long tour in 03-04. I actually was trying to stay there then too. In 6 months I paid off half my mortgage. Just a old E-6 here FYI.
CW4 here
Yea, didn't know any of the Rucker boys, only the combat guys mostly from Campbell.
Sponsored