Sponsored

Upgraded Instrument Cluster - 3.5" to 7" Easy!

Joejberg

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Registered Nurse
I took delivery of my 2022 Sport S that I optioned up with the 8.4" Package, Alpine Audio, both Safety Packages, Leather, Cold Weather, and Popular Equipment Package. I mistakenly didn't check off the tech. package, as I assumed all of that was also included in the 8.4" package. To my surprise, when I took delivery of my JT two weeks ago, I had a fully loaded interior, but a base model black and white instrument cluster- uh oh!

I did a little research online, and ended up finding an instrument cluster out of a totaled 2020 JT with the tech package for $125 on lkqonline.com. I just recieved it today and only took about 20min to install it. Everything was plug and play, just had to unplug the old one after removing part of the dash, and then reinstall. Then just reprogrammed the odometer over OBD2 bluetooth, and it's good as new!

I'm super happy now as the car is exactly how I envisioned it! Didn't see the need to pay more for a higher trim model as I have no desire for rock-climbing or much high-speed off roading. The Sport S with all the packages I wanted is a perfect truck for me!

Jeep Gladiator Upgraded Instrument Cluster - 3.5" to 7" Easy! 20220303_093642
Jeep Gladiator Upgraded Instrument Cluster - 3.5" to 7" Easy! 20220303_132733
Jeep Gladiator Upgraded Instrument Cluster - 3.5" to 7" Easy! 20220303_134204
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Wow, I am surprised it came with that dash, thought the larger screen was standard with Sport S.

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
I take it that the truck has no idea what's going on and you have to tell it that there's a new instrument cluster and re-read the mileage from wherever its stored?

Sponsored

DrPlastic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 H-D Breakout, '21 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician/Mechanic
Just remember that the warranty on that instrument cluster is void.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Funny thing is that when you add the 8.4 to the Sport S on the website, it also makes you add the technology package, and upgrades the instrument panel. Weird. nice work!

OP
OP

Joejberg

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Just remember that the warranty on that instrument cluster is void.
Will definitely keep the old one around if anything weird happens. Although at ~$100 a pop, I'm not sure I'd worry too much about the warranty anyway.

OP
OP

Joejberg

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Funny thing is that when you add the 8.4 to the Sport S on the website, it also makes you add the technology package, and upgrades the instrument panel. Weird. nice work!
Yea I was confused as well. Apparently if you select the 8.4" package and the popular equipment package, it cancels out the technology package, and you have to then re-add that one manually. Looking back, doing that would've cost me an extra $1,000, so I'm actually happy I ended up in the situation I'm in.

Shaqeroni

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2021 Jeep JL Wrangler
Occupation
Retired LEO
Yea I was confused as well. Apparently if you select the 8.4" package and the popular equipment package, it cancels out the technology package, and you have to then re-add that one manually. Looking back, doing that would've cost me an extra $1,000, so I'm actually happy I ended up in the situation I'm in.
I hope to emulate you. Please explain the mileage issue and fix again.

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I took delivery of my 2022 Sport S that I optioned up with the 8.4" Package, Alpine Audio, both Safety Packages, Leather, Cold Weather, and Popular Equipment Package. I mistakenly didn't check off the tech. package, as I assumed all of that was also included in the 8.4" package. To my surprise, when I took delivery of my JT two weeks ago, I had a fully loaded interior, but a base model black and white instrument cluster- uh oh!

I did a little research online, and ended up finding an instrument cluster out of a totaled 2020 JT with the tech package for $125 on lkqonline.com. I just recieved it today and only took about 20min to install it. Everything was plug and play, just had to unplug the old one after removing part of the dash, and then reinstall. Then just reprogrammed the odometer over OBD2 bluetooth, and it's good as new!

I'm super happy now as the car is exactly how I envisioned it! Didn't see the need to pay more for a higher trim model as I have no desire for rock-climbing or much high-speed off roading. The Sport S with all the packages I wanted is a perfect truck for me!

surprised you went standard since towing capacity is severely impacted. Was the swap out of the cluster simple?

OP
OP

Joejberg

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Registered Nurse
surprised you went standard since towing capacity is severely impacted. Was the swap out of the cluster simple?
I wouldn't have purchased this truck if it didn't come in a manual, simple as that. I wanted a truck, convertible and a manual. That usually means owning two vehicles, a dedicated large SUV/truck and then a second manual daily driver. When I realized the gladiator came in a manual and checked all the other boxes I was sold! The only towing I do, is pulling my 1,300lb Super Seven to the race track. I won't be anywhere near the max.

The swap was super simple. Maybe 20min total? Just a few screws and a bunch of clips to pull out.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Capability is only a limiting factor if you need to tow more than 4000 (Sport/S/Overland/Willys) or 4500 lbs. (Rubicon/Mojave). A lot of people just don't need to. Besides, I'm pretty sure the Sport and Sport S manual have the highest payload of any JT, if you want to look at it that way. Let the man live his best life. Cool mod.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester

Super glad I found your post this morning because I am apparently in the same boat!! Was looking at some other stuff last night on this site and suddenly came to the realization that I got misinformed by the dealer AGAIN. Still super irritated. But this is nice to know that the upgraded cluster can be installed easy enough.

Although I checked that site you linked to and it looks like from wrecked vehicles. No dash for Glad or JL currently available. I wonder what MOPAR would charge...
Sponsored