Sponsored

Verified: 2020 JT Gladiator Pickup Truck Production Starts January 2019, Order Banks Open in Jan/Feb

devwil68

First Name
Dev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK | 5.9 Ram Mega Cab | 69 Camaro | 4Runner | Camaro SS 1LE
I wouldn't hold your breath. Probably November/December realistically.
Release date isn’t going to change though right?
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Release date isn’t going to change though right?
It shouldn’t. We should see these at the end of the year. Though they are only promising to have them on dealer lots by April. Worst case...

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Still seems crazy to me that order banks would open without details being released about the vehicle like they did with the JL. I have always had November in my head as my hold out date for the details and specs reveal. The details are going to determine whether I factory order one or just pick one up off the lot.

devwil68

First Name
Dev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK | 5.9 Ram Mega Cab | 69 Camaro | 4Runner | Camaro SS 1LE
Still seems crazy to me that order banks would open without details being released about the vehicle like they did with the JL. I have always had November in my head as my hold out date for the details and specs reveal. The details are going to determine whether I factory order one or just pick one up off the lot.
I agree if there is no 3.0 L diesel then I’m out

Sponsored

OSO131

First Name
BRAYAND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO
Occupation
USN
I’m with you guys. If the diesel doesn’t show up at launch. I’ll get the JL..... if the diesel is available for it that is......
still though, let’s wait for the official word.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m with you guys. If the diesel doesn’t show up at launch. I’ll get the JL..... if the diesel is available for it that is......
still though, let’s wait for the official word.
No diesel = no JT or JL for me. Actually if they balk on it I’ll give the 3.6 with Manual a deeper look and longer test drive. But my heart is really set on the 3.0. Whichever it is, it better be available inside of 6 months.

Last edited:

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
No diesel = no JT or JL for me. Actually if they balk on it I’ll give the 3.6 with Manual an deeper look and longer test drive. But my heart is really set on the 3.0. Whichever it is, it better be available inside of 6 months.
My thoughts exactly...... otherwise I have a perfectly good JKU

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Wish we had some more JT details and information leaks to confirm or deny what we all collectively believe to be reality. I have big plans come next spring hinging on the JT being released with the diesel on time. I won't know until details are released what is more important to me: diesel or Rubicon version. Time will tell.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Wish we had some more JT details and information leaks to confirm or deny what we all collectively believe to be reality. I have big plans come next spring hinging on the JT being released with the diesel on time. I won't know until details are released what is more important to me: diesel or Rubicon version. Time will tell.
I really don't understand why they dont do a teaser campaign like Ford did for the Raptor. What is waiting doing for them. We all know what the JL looks like we all have a general idea of what the JT will look like and be. They are not really keeping anything secrete from their competitors. Why not show the truck? and reveal details slowly? This would at least keep those of us waiting happy and also keep us from looking at giving up and buying something else.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They should bring one to me, and I'll fire off an OFF THE HOOK social media blitz, with pictures of the JT hauling ass carrying bikes, camping gear, skis, boats, dogs, bouncing things, paddle boards, kegs, and more! :clap::like::rock:

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
I really don't understand why they dont do a teaser campaign like Ford did for the Raptor. What is waiting doing for them. We all know what the JL looks like we all have a general idea of what the JT will look like and be. They are not really keeping anything secrete from their competitors. Why not show the truck? and reveal details slowly? This would at least keep those of us waiting happy and also keep us from looking at giving up and buying something else.
Totally agree and I wish that was the case but they know it will sell regardless so they probably don't want to drop the marketing budget on a "sure thing" in their eyes. With all the hype around the competition you would think Jeep would be doing whatever they can to keep the hype going. Sort of confusing why they haven't but that is about the only logical reason I can come up with aside from the production facility being so far out from being functional that they cannot make it happen. Hell, even a glimpse of the tailgate/rear quarter area and bed would be awesome at this point. I need stuff to drool over!

Gecko-JKU

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gecko Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Gone but not forgotten), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Toyota 4 Runner
The longer they wait the less of a sure thing its going to be. GMC already announced the Sierra AT4 (Chevy Trailboss) will start at $43K and comes stock with a lot of Denali upgrades and the 3.0L Diesel will be an option. If the Jeep Truck is likely to start at $45K for the non-Rubicon trim, I can see people just upgrading to the full size and bypassing Jeep completely.

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
The longer they wait the less of a sure thing its going to be. GMC already announced the Sierra AT4 (Chevy Trailboss) will start at $43K and comes stock with a lot of Denali upgrades and the 3.0L Diesel will be an option. If the Jeep Truck is likely to start at $45K for the non-Rubicon trim, I can see people just upgrading to the full size and bypassing Jeep completely.
Trucks like that are a whole different market though. As they're just "offroaders," in that generally they're just regular pickups with some bolt-ons and a tiny factory lift. JT will be the only solid front axle real 4x pickup available in the US with an actual offroad pedigree. That'll sell.
Sponsored