Waiting on the Bronco

AncientCityGladiator

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat
So, I think after sitting in one at Jeep Beach... After seeing one in the wild.... And seeing how the future Bronco "could" look... I believe I have made the decision to wait on the 2020 Bronco.... (hopefully 2020).... I still get to take off my top and doors, and I get a bit more in performance off road with the shorter wheelbase, while maintaining (again hopefully) the ability to tow.....

Anyone else having these second thoughts about the Gladiator?

upload_2019-5-15_14-19-34.png

upload_2019-5-15_14-20-12.png

upload_2019-5-15_14-20-55.png
Sponsored

john94si

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Yes this is on my list also. If they put the 3.5HO it will be a much better option.

OP
OP
AncientCityGladiator

AncientCityGladiator

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat
No like..a) It's ugly, and b) it's a Ford
So funny... The negative comments I see in Facebook Gladiator groups or posts from friends that like Gladiators are the exact same... Ugly truck... FCA is garbage... Brand loyalty and personal style are so varied... I just find it amusing

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Bronco and Gladiator are not competitors in that one is marketed as a mid sized truck and the other will be an SUV. Plus none of the renderings you posted look anything like the only official information Ford has released and that is the photo of the Bronco under the sheet.

hoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
What's the big deal about carrying plywood? This is mentioned quite a bit. Are there really that many contractors on this site? If you need to haul lumber, just rent a trailer for $20 at uhaul.

Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
No. Like somebody else said, they are not even in the same category as one is a truck and one is a SUV. If I was thinking about getting a Wrangler, then maybe. Although I have been liking a lot of FCA (Jeep/Ram) products approach to interiors more than some of Ford's more recent stuff. And I already have a 1976 Ford Bronco I am restoring, and I kind of want to add an icon to my garage from a different brand (such as a Gladiator).

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
If it's not just an f150 or ranger made into an suv. If that's all it is (and 90% sure it will be), zero interest. I'd rather have a Raptor and I already picked the gladiator over that.

Sponsored

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Looking forward to the Bronco coming back. The pricing for the Gladiator in the GTA is ridiculous!!...so who knows, maybe I will still be looking by the time the Bronco is released and it could be an option.

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
I love the idea of a throwback Bronco, if they don't screw it up. However, it is an SUV. I really want a truck. And yes I do need to haul some plywood!

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
What's the big deal about carrying plywood? This is mentioned quite a bit. Are there really that many contractors on this site? If you need to haul lumber, just rent a trailer for $20 at uhaul.
It’s a running joke dude

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
So funny... The negative comments I see in Facebook Gladiator groups or posts from friends that like Gladiators are the exact same... Ugly truck... FCA is garbage... Brand loyalty and personal style are so varied... I just find it amusing
It's true though