First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R and 2017 Chevrolet Bolt
Occupation
Business Owner
Bummer and sorry to see you go. The one thing that I do think is important is to keep your experience with the dealership and Jeep separate and also realize that Jeep Cares attempts to help were most likely complicated by non-responsiveness and stupidity with a bad dealer. My ex-dealership was abysmal and had I relied on just them to get things fixed I would have quit the brand altogether and without hesitation. That dealership ripped me off, is shady as shit (the pure worst, pretty much I saw and experienced and other friends of mine have experienced every horror story that I have seen posted on here yet) and is the antithesis of everything Jeep should be. I drove twenty more miles and my experience has been completely different and my view of the brand would be very different had I stayed or not been able to compartmentalize. EVERYTHING gets affected when you have a bad dealer including your confidence in a given vehicle. Even the process of finding out what is wrong, getting things fixed (or getting a rental) all of these things routinely get complicated and drawn-out through non-responsive and ignorant dealers. I'm not saying Jeep is perfect as a brand or corporate entity but dealers can be total and utter trash. Then others can be upstanding businesses.
Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
I'm sorry you had to experience this with your Jeep. It sounded like you and the family liked it, while it was running.

I am also in Central Florida and curious if the Gainesville dealership is owned by the one that owns Advantage CDJR in Mt. Dora. I heard they owned another in that area. Maybe it was Chiefland? I had good luck at my local dealer for service. Sales is terrible, service has been good. I had to drive to Lakeland to get a good deal on my wife's JLU.

KevinC

OP
OP

Deleted member 31576

Yep when I bought mine and then had the steering issue the local jeep dealership in Katy. Gave me nothing but crap and really ticked me off. Then about 6 months later I got a call from them that they had turned over new management in the service department. I told them man after that last go with you all can go to hell. He told me I see that you had a complaint and wanted to reach out to you that if your still having the issue bring it to us and we will take care of it no questions asked. So I brought it in and sure enough they took care of everything. Each time back since then for oil changes or things like busted visor, etc. They have been very proactive and helpful. They tell me if your in a rush we will do what we can but if not and you could leave the car for a day or so would be very much appreciated. So far so good. I will say it also helps that they have some new folks working up front and not the deadheads before who could care less. That alone makes things way better just someone at the front at least getting you on the books, etc.
We had the visor fall as well. Crazy right?!?

Reactions: BAT

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel, 1995 YJ 4.0
I am right there with ya Gunny0628. Bought a 2021 4Runner TRD Off Road and a 2021 SportS diesel, both new. The Toyota has a bit over 30k & the Jeep just under 20k, both came with oil changes, tire rotations and issues, so here's my take comparing the two.

Based on dealership and service department appearance and the level of professionalism exhibited in both areas, I would have to side with Toyota. Both vehicles have seen the service department for issues beyond the oil change and tire rotations, however the 4Runner was for bad tires.

The Jeep on the other hand, multiple times back for oil changes because of no filter in stock, unable to refuel due to the anti-tamper flap locked closed, service DEF system, EGR valve failed and A/C compressor failure. The last 3 issues resulted in about 3 to 4 weeks in the shop, at least I was able to obtain a loaner.

I like my Jeep Gladiator, looks great along side the 95 YJ we have, also acquired new. And at 185k miles, the YJ has been trouble free with the exception of an exhaust manifold and an A/C hose. Regardless, my patience is running short with Jeep as well.

Having a lengthy background in industrial engineering and maintenance, the standards that Toyota follows vs Jeep in the service department is night and day, don't have to be a rocket scientist to spot the difference.

Even that simple oil change that you scheduled a week in advance, that should be ample amount of time to acquire supplies and stage for the job. If those supplies or parts are unavailable, then it should be common courtesy to reach out to the customer for a reschedule. Don't wait till your customer is there to pull parts to then realize that the parts department doesn't have them. Or then your service technician isn't aware of the type of oil to use.

In my experience, this equates to lack of management and training, and it's evident that Fiat Chrysler isn't ready to invest in this area.

My 2Ā¢

tabrods

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport s
Occupation
Retired
This is an interesting thread. Our local dealer here in Livingston MT has been great to us. We deal with the owner's son and avoid the "I have to check with the Sales Manager" BS. I have a pretty good idea of what my car is worth and they usually exceed that amount. Between my wife and I we trade in every other year or so and they know that but I think we'd be treated well no matter what. The Service Manager is knowledgeable and has been there for awhile. They can get us in quickly if we need to but we work with them, they work with us. I see these guys in the local supermarket and around town. Maybe it's just MT but we do feel appreciated...

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This is an interesting thread. Our local dealer here in Livingston MT has been great to us. We deal with the owner's son and avoid the "I have to check with the Sales Manager" BS. I have a pretty good idea of what my car is worth and they usually exceed that amount. Between my wife and I we trade in every other year or so and they know that but I think we'd be treated well no matter what. The Service Manager is knowledgeable and has been there for awhile. They can get us in quickly if we need to but we work with them, they work with us. I see these guys in the local supermarket and around town. Maybe it's just MT but we do feel appreciated...
I think that's the big difference between Livingston MT and a place like Houston TX. So many people here that even if you buy a car from the same dealer every year, they don't remember you. On the plus side, if I have a bad experience with a particular dealer, I have at least 15 other dealers in a 50 mile radius I could go to.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
After so many failed attempts by Jeep - in their customer service and service department - we got rid of our Jeep Gladiator Overland Edition. We actually loved the vehicle - however the service department ruined our experience for us. Gainesville Jeep has the absolute worst customer service. It starts with the General Manager Marvin, to the front desk receptionist, all the way to the service people who think we are there for their convenience and anything for us is an inconvenience.

Enough about that - the Jeep seemed like a vehicle we wanted to love - but couldn't. We had no confidence in the vehicle, the service department or Jeeps commitment to their customers (as it states on their webpage).

@JeepCares - you never really did anything for us. While our jeep was having it's engine replaced we asked you for a rental car - you did nothing for us - you didn't even attempt to expedite getting one from the dealership. Our Jeep was in service for 30 days - my wife had to write a letter to get us/her a rental. We heard every excuse in the book. Everyone with Jeep has made our purchase and ownership a complete waste of money and time for us. Literally everyone with jeep.

And just to conclude this rant - we went with a 2022 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium 4X4 and couldn't be happier.

I know a lot of people enjoy their jeeps and really love what service they get - Gainesville Jeep ruined it for us. Not the brand - the service and the dealership.

I made this promise to Shawn in the Service department - we would leave and never come back. We are your advertisement, and you failed us.

For everyone one of you on this forum that helped me along the way - THANK YOU and Happy Easter - to the ones that want to flame my post - this is what free speech looks like.

That will be it for this forum.

Gunny
This really sucks to read. And you know the harsh reality is it is almost impossible to find good help these days. But seriously - its not just vehicles. Lots of folks have troubles with Jeep. As do with Ford, Chevy, etc... Or other things. I had a heck of a time finding a contractor willing to do work on my house. The reason? An hour drive was too far... Well those folks will get a negative blast by me around town and when their creamy jobs in their own town dry up hopefully they go bankrupt and leave. It is piss poor attitudes going all around these days. But that's no excuse. Not only the dealer, but Jeep themselves failed big time - and they seem to not care.

But I hope you enjoy your Tacoma - they are good vehicles with a proven history. Hopefully those dealers will treat you right where Jeep obviously failed. Hopefully many of us dont experience the same troubles. Because it just sucks.

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81ā€™ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ā€˜18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
Sorry that you had issues with your dealer. As many have posted, your in good company! I too am not fond of my local dealer. When I took my first ride in a Gladiator to test drive it, they forgot to put gas in it. Yes, ran out of gas one half mile from the dealership once I got on the freeway. Took them forever to come rescue me as I discovered how Notso Bright I really was. It started getting warm and I couldnā€™t put the windows down as I couldnā€™t find the damn controls in the door. Felt like a loser opening the owners manual. Felt even more stupid when I learned where the window control buttons were located. I was Notso happy when they finally arrived and swore I would not buy a Jeep from them or ever get one serviced by them. I currently drive 20 minutes further to Healdsburg to get my Jeep serviced and have had great experiences so far.

I really hope your Toyota treats you well and Happy Easter!
Lithia???
I hate them
service at auto world always did me right. Julie has been nails and bad ass for years

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
OP wants to sound objective then calls the JT overpriced. Fail. It isn't overpriced at all based on comparable vehicles.

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah itā€™s crazy. I drove two hours to buy this Toyota and already the experience was greater than any at my local Jeep Dealer. Sounds like youā€™re getting all your stuff ironed out though.
The dealer he refers to is a notorious shit stain from hell. Lithia of Santa Rosa is terrible. Nasty old style garbage car sleez sales refuse. I wouldnā€™t buy shit from them. Theyā€™re so bad they just sold out to a new group. Go figure. Their yelp and google reviews are hateful

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
After so many failed attempts by Jeep - in their customer service and service department - we got rid of our Jeep Gladiator Overland Edition. We actually loved the vehicle - however the service department ruined our experience for us. Gainesville Jeep has the absolute worst customer service. It starts with the General Manager Marvin, to the front desk receptionist, all the way to the service people who think we are there for their convenience and anything for us is an inconvenience.

Enough about that - the Jeep seemed like a vehicle we wanted to love - but couldn't. We had no confidence in the vehicle, the service department or Jeeps commitment to their customers (as it states on their webpage).

@JeepCares - you never really did anything for us. While our jeep was having it's engine replaced we asked you for a rental car - you did nothing for us - you didn't even attempt to expedite getting one from the dealership. Our Jeep was in service for 30 days - my wife had to write a letter to get us/her a rental. We heard every excuse in the book. Everyone with Jeep has made our purchase and ownership a complete waste of money and time for us. Literally everyone with jeep.

And just to conclude this rant - we went with a 2022 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium 4X4 and couldn't be happier.

I know a lot of people enjoy their jeeps and really love what service they get - Gainesville Jeep ruined it for us. Not the brand - the service and the dealership.

I made this promise to Shawn in the Service department - we would leave and never come back. We are your advertisement, and you failed us.

For everyone one of you on this forum that helped me along the way - THANK YOU and Happy Easter - to the ones that want to flame my post - this is what free speech looks like.

That will be it for this forum.

Gunny
we love our runner too friend.

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I would not buy that dinosaur even if it's the last suv in this world
And mine is among my most loved cars. Iā€™ve had DOZENS. I know cars and trucks. its ok tho. What you donā€™t know canā€™t benefit you in any way either. Ignorance is bliss šŸ‘šŸ‘
Sponsored