Sponsored

We need to talk about the “Jeep Wave”

As a Gladiator owner, do you want to wave at Wranglers?

• Total voters

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Here for me is how it all started. Young 22 years old geologist out of school first job. Kept getting stuck off road. Datsun king cab pickup. Yep back then it was Datsun.
Sold it bought a 77 cj7 golden eagle with tan Levi interior. wow. Talk a bout a chick magnet

But that’s not the story

Driving up to big bear. After a major snow storm. Snow 8 feet high on side of road. There is a huge line of traffic
So I stop. Sit there for a while maybe 15 minutes 3 guys in a cj5 come by stop and ask what am I doing?
I say waiting for the accident to clear. They say that’s not an accident just dips putting on chains. They say just pass them I do. 8 miles later I am about the 2nd or 3rd car in the lot best parking I have ever had at any ski resort anywhere.
That. My friends is the spirit of the Jeep wave ✌and Why I will always wave to every Jeep I see mail crawler. Soccer mom or hard core off roader.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
That's excellent! My BIL has a 78 Golden Eagle with the Levi's buttons on the seats, his is brown *my sister had it repainted *. They even got new graphics for it, looks amazing with the gold wheels & top.
Edit to add: found a picture from a couple of years ago
Jeep Gladiator We need to talk about the “Jeep Wave” IMG_20180620_174109448_HDR

My sweetie drove to her school yesterday(COVID lockdown) and laughed because she waved at a Jeep from her Honda, she forgot....

Here for me is how it all started. Young 22 years old geologist out of school first job. Kept getting stuck off road. Datsun king cab pickup. Yep back then it was Datsun.
Sold it bought a 77 cj7 golden eagle with tan Levi interior. wow. Talk a bout a chick magnet

But that’s not the story

Driving up to big bear. After a major snow storm. Snow 8 feet high on side of road. There is a huge line of traffic
So I stop. Sit there for a while maybe 15 minutes 3 guys in a cj5 come by stop and ask what am I doing?
I say waiting for the accident to clear. They say that’s not an accident just dips putting on chains. They say just pass them I do. 8 miles later I am about the 2nd or 3rd car in the lot best parking I have ever had at any ski resort anywhere.
That. My friends is the spirit of the Jeep wave ✌and Why I will always wave to every Jeep I see mail crawler. Soccer mom or hard core off roader.

OldFloridaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I will always wave at another Jeep, just from the sheer joy displayed by one of my very first Jeep waves. I was in Germany, and had purchased a JKU from the military car sales. Jeeps weren't overly common there, especially when off base. I just happened to pick up my Jeep just before go topless day, so that was the first day I took the top off of the Jeep. Wife and I decided to take a drive around the Black Forest to enjoy the day.

We were driving down a narrow road when I see a Euro spec Wrangler driving my way, also topless. German Jeeps were a very rare breed as they are incredibly expensive over there (ETA: Just looked them up - a base Sport JLU starts at about $58k...), so I was surprised to see one in the wild. The driver was an older man, and he was overjoyed that there was another Jeep coming towards him - both hands extended out the top, waving furiously, and a HUGE grin on his face. I think I may have been his first Jeep wave.

Ever since that encounter, I always wave at other Jeeps - you never know when it will be the highlight of someone's day...

Last edited:

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
So, if I'm driving my motorhome, with the Jeep in tow, am I allowed to wave at other Jeeps? Maybe I should wave at other motorhomes towing Jeeps - there's a TON of those! Asking for a friend... :devil:

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have to admit while I dont mind the wave in general, the wave at 7 in the morning on the way to work is just too early. I feel obligated to wave back, but it shouldnt be a thing until like post 10AM
The day is half over by 10 am. 7 am is mid-morning.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
For old people and farmers. Not for me.
I've always loved the sunrise and early part of the day - even when I was in my teens. I'd go to antique engine shows and be the first out of my camper, out in the display area ready to start the engines and sit back and listen and enjoy the day -but with others SLEEPING until 8 or 9, bummer..........
Besides, my cats prefer an early breakfast - ever tried to ask them to wait?

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I have a couple of pictures on my golden eagle. It was a white golden eagle with the soft top. If you think about it that was way ahead of its time. Interior was cool. Gold wheels those decals and fender flares. Pretty dang cool.