First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
It is always good to have a Tacoma in your group so we can practice our recovery skills or exercise our winches to pluck them out of precarious situations ...

Actually I had a 2004 Tacoma and it was a great and reliable truck ... Very capable off road etc etc etc ... Loved it ...

Now I have a Gladiator and feel the same way ...

Honestly I do not get the BRAND B.S.

Everyone on a jeep or tacoma forum likes trucks, going off road, tinkering, tires, beer, bbq, camping, and probably a whole host of other hobbies like ham radio, scuba, aviation, RV'ing ..

Its hard enough to find good people to share experiences with in this world. Why make it harder by being a jackass about a vehicle ... Its not like they showed up in a corolla expecting to offroad right ?

Who cares what you drive ? I'm just goad that your here !!!
I 'only' like the things in Bold Red above and a few not mentioned. :)
Sponsored

Jems007

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I feel like Toyotas are just as much (if not more!) gear junkies as Jeeps. You see a lot of modified jeeps, but I see more Toyotas with rotopax, rooftop tents, hi-lifts (because they need them) ,etc...

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I 'only' like the things in Bold Red above and a few not mentioned. :)
Its a family safe forum ... But I like the unmentioned things as well ... More than the other stuff ... Just figured that those are a "given" ...

Now as far as the other stuff: You probably like it too ... We can take an RV out to the airport to go flying. You will be hooked ...

But if your like me, the last thing you need is another hobby ... My cup runneth over !!! And I don't know your wife but Id venture a guess that she would also be mad at me ...

My wife has been with me through all of those "hobbies" and add in motorcycles too ... For 30 years and she just goes with the flow ... Im now to the point of circling back around to the beginning ...

She just shakes her head ...

I just tell her that all I need is to take my motorcycle to my jeep garage, from there Ill go off road to my private country airport where I will then fly my plane to my boat to go fishing and scuba diving ... I am a simple man with simple needs ...

Plus I only have the motorcycle and the jeep ... And they are both at my suburban house .. So its all a dream but well, you know ...

ryan141

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ, 2021 Grand Limited, 2021 Mohave
Occupation
Engineer
I for one did not know that a Taco is what a Tacoma is referred to as. So I really had expected to see a small child in the back seat of your Gladiator with a mess of taco’s all over the place.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
The Tacoma IS a tremendous value, by comparison. Base price on that TRD OffRoad is less than a Sport S.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 24880

The Tacoma IS a tremendous value, by comparison. Base price on that TRD OffRoad is less than a Sport S.
His was only like $36k so it’s a significant price discount than Gladiators around here.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
His was only like $36k so it’s a significant price discount than Gladiators around here.
The only thing the Tacoma can’t get around is the 6” of leg room it gives up to the Jeep- probably not a problem for your son though.

ajaj96

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
So my 24 yr old son has been really wanting to get back into a truck so he can do some off roading and dune running with good ole dad. He was looking and Gladiators and Wranglers but just couldn’t afford the “far superior model vehicle” and refused to sell his Harley to be able to afford one. So yesterday he called and said I own a truck gain. He is super happy and it’s actually a really nice truck. After I checked it out inside and out I told him how nice it was and soon I will show him why it’s inferior to a Gladiator. LOL. We will have fun I’m sure with the trucks as well as the banter. Here‘s to new memories

362C9A3E-EBCD-4D58-907E-35DAA0371C48.jpeg
Honestly I wish I bought a Tacoma....my gladiator has been a complete basket case of issues. :(

OP
OP

Deleted member 24880

Honestly I wish I bought a Tacoma....my gladiator has been a complete basket case of issues. :(
That sucks. Sorry to hear. Doesn’t matter what brand you drive for the money these things cost now they shouldn’t have issues.

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I love Toyotas. We ordered a '16 in September of 2015 right after the new body was released. Loved it we were in our 20s and I was very proud of it. Had the 2.7 4 banger 5 speed with 4x4. I love that Toyota was still making manual 4cyl 4x4s. Got wrecked, and by then Toyota discontinued the 4cyl manual 4x4, it was really a bummer. Got a '16 4Runner and those are perceived to be very nice vehicles and they look the part. I recommend them to anyone who needs a 4 door SUV and plans to run it into the ground. But for a car person they're just bland. The 4Runner got traded in on a JK Willys and we were hooked. So much more fun. Then the JK got traded in on the Gladiator and my wife has a TRD Offroad 6 speed Tacoma now. They're nice rigs they're ready for another substantial update though. The 4Runner and the Tundra are in desperate need of updating that's certain.

Sponsored

SWATDEN

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to get a Gladiator
Occupation
Professional Whisk(e)y drinker
I really needed a truck and considering i grew up around Toyotas so my Dad currently owns a Tacoma, my Father in law owns a Tacoma and i live in Hawaii so of course everywhere you see are.....Tacomas lol.

Went against the grain with my JT with 35s and a 3.5 lift.

no fkn ragrets.

dgulia

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL; 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk; 2017 Dodge Challenger RT
Congratulations to your son. It’s an awesome truck

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
My father-in-law traded his 2005 2 door 2wd Tacoma with 190,000 miles that he smoked like a chimney in and he got $9500 for it on a new Tacoma Sport in 2016. They definitely hold their value...but when i got my Spirt S w/ max tow he was telling me how superior his truck was to mine. So with my fully stock JT we pulled up to a stop light and I smoked him, and i mean smoked him, it wasn't even close. Then we went to a trail that he refused to follow me. True his stereo is better but who cares.

This other guy i work with has a 2019 off-road with a 2 inch lift and 32s that he has built as an overland rig. I have 33s with 1.5 inch leveling kit and his sits slightly higher than my JT but I have at least an inch more in clearance, not even close.

Tacomas are nice trucks, not slamming them, in fact I'll be buying my wife a 4runner in a couple years but they are really no comparison when it comes to off road functionality.

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
It would be boring if all our vehicles were the same make and model. If your happy with what you ride, that’s awesome. I was always happy with my 2015 Z71 Colorado, till I saw a lifted JT Sport S with 37” tires for the first time. Now 8 months later I have a lightly used 2020 JTR with 35” tires. Loving it, can’t help but wonder what type of vehicle is going to make me want to give up the JTR in another 5 or 6 years?
Sponsored