First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
You also may want to confirm weather or not your wench comes with a normally sized snatch block for its frame ... If wrongly sized you can probably make it work but it may prove less effective over time ...

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
You also may want to confirm weather or not your wench comes with a normally sized snatch block for its frame ... If wrongly sized you can probably make it work but it may prove less effective over time ...
I done beat ya to that one.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
No problem mounting a winch and brush bar, which is important as it gives the wench something to hold onto when driving.

Jeep Gladiator Wench B150C7FD-1374-422B-B234-9B2853780BF7

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I've found you do not always have to insert your cable into the snatch block to get results.

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
But, does that have the same stroke and pull?
Honestly, I’ve been using the same manual hand crank wench since I was a teenager.

At this point, I would consider myself beyond proficient.

Clearly, I’m not one to toot-my-own-horn, but I’m possibly one of the world’s greatest manual wench operators.

Sparty

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR (Gecko) / 2021 JLR
Honestly, I’ve been using the same manual hand crank wench since I was a teenager.

At this point, I would consider myself beyond proficient.

Clearly, I’m not one to toot-my-own-horn, but I’m possibly one of the world’s greatest manual wench operators.

Practice makes perfect....

FishChowder

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Cmax
I don't have the right vehicle to mount a wench so I have to watch other people use their wenches on the internet; sometimes two or three wenches pulling and tugging at the same time. I have learned that mature wenches are sometimes the best performers.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
If in an argument with your wench and she grabs a knife, get a jar of mayonnaise. Wench instincts will kick in, and she will immediately make you a sammich.

After two failed wenches on my very first Jeep, Harbor Freight and Smittybilt, I went with Warn and have never had a problem since. That was a long time ago. I hear they are built much better nowadays, but I will always run a Warn from now on.

Low profile, between the frame mounted wenches will not interfere with your trail camera. That was the original question, wasn't it? Lololol

MaximusArcus.jpg

Sponsored

Sparty

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR (Gecko) / 2021 JLR
If in an argument with your wench and she grabs a knife, get a jar of mayonnaise. Wench instincts will kick in, and she will immediately make you a sammich.

After two failed wenches on my very first Jeep, Harbor Freight and Smittybilt, I went with Warn and have never had a problem since. That was a long time ago. I hear they are built much better nowadays, but I will always run a Warn from now on.

Low profile, between the frame mounted wenches will not interfere with your trail camera. That was the original question, wasn't it? Lololol

Jeep Gladiator Wench MaximusArcus
In all seriousness - the same with me. I originally (early 2000s) had a off-brand winch and the solenoids failed. Luckily, it wasn't being used in a "I need it right now" situation at the time.

After that, I went with a Warn 9.5ti (2006ish) and it's still running like a champ. I've used it plenty and have been in a few situations where it saved my butt.

I'd rather pay a 30%ish (I have no clue what the price differentials are these days) premium for something that I know is going to work and something that I can trust to perform when absolutely needed.

Go Prepared

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
I knew it! What brand of Wench should we purchase? LOL!
Really depends on what you like! Blondes, brunettes, or redheads. Then again, you might like them hairless! :)

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
What brand of Wench is this?
Jeep Gladiator Wench 198319185_966671200767617_5136696956807087720_n

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Winch? and yes, you should be fine if you don't go overboard.