Sponsored

What are the "MUST HAVE" mods after buying your Gladiator? ($5,000 starting budget)

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Hey everyone,

Excited to be part of the Jeep community!

I recently placed an order for my Sting-ray Gray Mojave, I loaded it out minus leather seats and adaptive cruise control.

Big thanks to everyone here who recommended the Gupton route, y'all the real MVP's.

From experience of the owners already, what are the "must have" mods or accessories to install on your Gladiator?

I know this can be subjective to your needs and use of the truck itself but let's just say from an overall everyday perspective (no commute tho since I work from home) with camping/adventure trips in the mix.

So far I'm instantly thinking about tires, AEV spacer kit, CAI, front bumper/bar, tint, bed rack, extra lights.

Utility based mods are appreciated vs purely vanity.

Thank you all!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
I like to live with a vehicle to find out what I need before dropping coin on stuff. Some people just want what they want even if they don't need it.

Really its up to you. What do you like, need, want?

I added KB Voodo crossbars because they work with a bed cover and mounts on them for fishing poles and bicycles.

That's it. Thats all I needed.

If that changes I'll add stuff.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Phone mount and cord!
Heavily depends on your uses.
I’m slowly building as my skills and goals increase. For now rough forest roads.
I started with convenience and safety. Skids of various sorts so I don’t get stranded. Recovery gear (shackles, snatch rope, tree saver, winch). Tire deflators and pump.
And of course what we you do, put on lights before you get a winch. Priorities

edit: I also couldn’t live without the console pockets I put on to hold papers, pens..

Last edited:

john#21

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM Hydro Blue
I went with storage and organizers. Quick, cheap and easy.

These aren't "needs" per se but maybe ( in no real order):

Bikini top
mIrrors (doorless)
winch
jack
Onboard air
Front locker
Front sway discos

Really depends on intended use

arneb04

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Working
Mud flaps. I drove around for 2 weeks in my Willys after I bought it and immediately realized I was going to lose a lot of paint after our sandy and salty slush winters with the MT tires. I may even try to find some black JL or Jk take offs and put ATs on for winter driving. Really would like the truck to not start disintegrating at least for a good 5 years if I can help it.

Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Hey everyone,

Excited to be part of the Jeep community!

I recently placed an order for my Sting-ray Gray Mojave, I loaded it out minus leather seats and adaptive cruise control.

Big thanks to everyone here who recommended the Gupton route, y'all the real MVP's.

From experience of the owners already, what are the "must have" mods or accessories to install on your Gladiator?

I know this can be subjective to your needs and use of the truck itself but let's just say from an overall everyday perspective with camping/adventure trips in the mix.

So far I'm instantly thinking about tires, AEV spacer kit, CAI, front bumper/bar, bed rack, extra lights.

Thank you all!
Bestop Sunrider
Bed Rack (I went with JCR Offroad)
Grab handles for top rollbar
Phone mount (I have CMMoffroad.com's dash bar ball mount w/ RAM mount and an IG mount)
Gas containers & mounts

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
IDRIVE throttle controller
Wireless CarPlay adapter
Lange Coyote Doorless Mirrors
Molle Panels
Tonneau Cover
Sun Shade

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
I agree that living with the Jeep and deciding what you need casually is a great idea. Personally, I like my interior very dark - so the first thing I did was get the back windows all tinted nice and dark and added a sunshade to the roof so even when the top is on it's black instead of white.

Good luck!

Sponsored

PeterGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
(re)tired...!
Drive it bone stock for a while...I've done that several times, the last for nearly a year with the '17 Gobi JKUR I traded in to buy my new Mojave. You're off to a good start and I'm looking at some of the same mods but I'm gonna settle in first. I'm using my Mojave in the EXACT environment it was designed for in SW AZ and it's capabilities are amazing, the only thing I "need" right now are detachable front sway-bar links, and the Apex are gonna be in stock shortly. A Tazer will help with settings/features that are currently inaccessible will be nice to have and I'll likely grab an iDrive to deal with the throttle lag. I NEED Rock Slide Engineering step/sliders before I do anything lift/level (AEV Mojave specific 2-inch spacer kit for the win!) and wheel/tire-wise because I'm pretty banged up and have a difficult enough time getting into my Mojave as it sits stock!

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Bestop Sunrider is a must. Unless you like the growl of CAI it really adds nothing to the performance. I am about to remove my S&B CAI and put on a Hauk snorkel. The S&B intake actually takes away about 20HP over the stock intake. The Hauk will at least provide improved fording capabilities and give me my stock HP back :) Get the touch screen glass for your dash. Makes a massive difference in the feel and cleanliness of the screen. Go with 37's if you are debating between them and 35's. Then you don't have to sell tires for 1/2 the price 2 months later to get the 37's.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Another vote for the "let it tell you what it wants" solution.

The next word of advice is that it depends very much on your situation. As a former Texan living in the Rockies, my needs then are SO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to my needs now. To wit, I would probably not even be entertaining a Jeep anything if I still lived in Dallas.

Up here, I actually need lockers a few times a year just for daily driving. Same for ground clearance. So the Rubicon package is a must (a little late for you, but makes the case).

Heat is not much of an issue up here. I only use AC a month or two out of the year, but heated seats and steering wheel are fantastic (ditto).

A sunroof is excellent up here because there are actually things to look at other than clouds a lot of the time. A Sunrider in the summer is worth my money. A hard top in the winter is better for the snow (possibly but not necessarily also ditto).

We have to worry about bears getting into our cars and wrecking up the joint. Any food anywhere in the vehicle is an invitation, and the JL/JT generation doesn't have the bear proof handles like my wife's JK. Add a toddler to the mix, and seat covers are a must. If something is spilled when the bears are awake, you have to get the seat covers out and cleaned up before night fall.

I'm much less inclined to advocate for lifts, because I regularly drive through a lot of really windy roads, and that higher center of gravity (or anything else that negatively affects handling) is a liability.

The point is, what you get from this thread may not apply to your particular situation. Circle on back to living with it, and let it tell you what it wants.
Sponsored