Sponsored

What brand oil filter do you use on your Gladiator?

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Only had my Gladiator for 3 months. Haven't dove it a lot. Just wondering what filters everyone are using? Fram, Mopar, K&W. Are the more expensive really better? I used Fram since my 92 Cherokee was new and never had a problem except for a rear main leak. So what are your thought?
I'm still getting Jeep Wave free fills, so Mopar.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Broncosfan

Broncosfan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 1992 Jeep Cherokee
Dealer told me that the Jeep Wave membership was a maintenance contract and I opted out at the purchase. I thought I read that it was included on newer Jeep but I guess not. Its easier for me to change my own oil anyways as I live over 30 minutes from a dealer so I will save time doing it myself. Tire rotation will be done locally still have me more time than taking it to a dealer.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Dealer told me that the Jeep Wave membership was a maintenance contract and I opted out at the purchase. I thought I read that it was included on newer Jeep but I guess not. Its easier for me to change my own oil anyways as I live over 30 minutes from a dealer so I will save time doing it myself. Tire rotation will be done locally still have me more time than taking it to a dealer.
It's included in the purchase price of the vehicle. You have it automatically. Nothing to sign up for. You also have 4 free tire rotations. The 4 free oil changes and tire rotations expire after 2 years from your delivery date.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That's pure BS unless it's changed since I bought mine. It's automatic. Not a contract, it's part of the vehicle's perks, a feature of buying at that time. Your dealer is full of bs. Good grief what's up with these shyster dealers anyway.
MAYBE things have changed, but when I bought, there was no opt in or opt out - you bought it, the Jeep was automatically enrolled and registered, nothing to sign!

OP
OP
Broncosfan

Broncosfan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys for the information I'm going to contact the Jeep Wave program directly

Sponsored

OP
OP
Broncosfan

Broncosfan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I contacted Jeep Wave. They have me already listed and the dealer was completely wrong. So thanks again. I will definitely use the free service

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's too bad that people have to deal with sales people/dealers who either don't know what they sell, or in some hopefully RARE cases, don't want to bother with corporate programs.
My guess is that the dealer does the work, then goes to corporate for a reimbursement for the tire rotations and oil changes (and supplies) - and that some don't want to mess with that.
I used to do warranty work myself and it's tricky at times....... this is similar, I would GUESS, because it's at the corporate level, not the dealership that offers the program. So if they do the work, it's their time and space and oil and filter until they get it all back.
JUST SPECULATING!

I know some sales people simply do not know! I ran into 3 sales people who didn't know XXXT about the JT - not even BASICS! Nothing about bed size, what this or that was for, how the aux switches work, none of it. In fact more than once I knew more than the sales person and all I had done is read the materials at Jeep dot com! Scary - sell something you have no clue about.
So I gritted me teeth and went across town to a dealer I wasn't fond of and asked for their "Jeep truck expert" - out comes Scott. Asked him some test questions and he knew the answers - including how the aux switches worked (too bad I missed getting those - my bad), where the wiring was under the hood, the box/bed dimensions, how to haul plywood (there's a whole thread on the JT and plywood here) and other stuff. I asked why he was different - he went to classes - all the way to the top class offered and makes it a point to know vehicles he sells as much as possible. (I guess the others are lazy, then?)
Because of this I bought from him - even though I didn't like the dealership itself. I figured anyone who went that far and worked to know the product deserved some credit. And, he'd been there for over 10 years - unheard of in car dealerships.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I contacted Jeep Wave. They have me already listed and the dealer was completely wrong. So thanks again. I will definitely use the free service
At a different dealer I hope. I think FCC pays the dealer for their time, no need to reward the dealer that tried to convince you NOT to do it.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
At a different dealer I hope. I think FCC pays the dealer for their time, no need to reward the dealer that tried to convince you NOT to do it.
Poor service at dealerships is exactly why it's not even worth my time to drive to the dealer for "free" oil changes. I wish there was a dealer I liked close by. My time is worth more to me than what I would save by driving to them...

OP
OP
Broncosfan

Broncosfan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I bought the truck from a dealer 325 miles from me becasue the local dealers didn't have what I wanted nor did they want to try and get it and match or give me a descent price.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Poor service at dealerships is exactly why it's not even worth my time to drive to the dealer for "free" oil changes. I wish there was a dealer I liked close by. My time is worth more to me than what I would save by driving to them...
Same. I convinced them to just give me the two filters from my free oil changes and I'm going to do it myself. Really, I have the program if I wanted it but still. Rotella isn't that expensive and having been a dealer tech myself, I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They may argue about JT bed covers being loose or not, but the shop at Dewey in Ankeny is good. They do the work, when they are done there's no sign of any tool marks, nothing messed up, it's fixed and looks good. Twice they could have made repairs on the cheap on our GCs but they actually went further and replaced parts that I argued should have simply been fixed in 5 minutes. The one item I told them I've even pay for - nope, we'll take care of it......
They've done the oil changed on each of our Grand Cherokees for over 10 years now and never an issue - always all fluids are topped off, no oil drips or messes, it's right when we get it (their other guy is lame on the car washes but that's just a "we'll wash it for you, too" thing, so who cares. At least it's a little bit cleaner)

Dealer shops are like restaurants - Bubba's Burgers may be a chain of 100 and 3 of those you ate at might be great, that doesn't mean the 4th one will be great - it's the management and staff. It's not the fact they are a dealership, it's how they are run. Jeep, Ford, Chevy, GM - all independent as far as staff.
If the boss hires lazy short-cutters fresh from McDonalds burger flipping school, well..........that doesn't mean the Jeep shop 20 miles away is lame.
I've worked in places where the boss was picky, his employees hand-picked, and the atmosphere was that you strove to do your very best, the boss put his personal guarantee behind your work and was often friends with the customers. It was right, period.
And I worked in one where the boss was get it in, get it done fast, get it out, next! That one I literally walked away from, I got so upset with the crap going on, the shoddy work, the profit over lives attitude. But when a family came in with brake problems on a station wagon and the boss told me what to do (and I KNEW that wouldn't fix it, they'd lose brakes minutes later) I had had enough. I told him in front of everyone that I wasn't going to be responsible for the lives of that family - doing work I knew wasn't going to fix their brakes - and charge them for it. Walked out to my truck, backed up to the door, loaded my tools and drove away. No one said a word to me - thank goodness, I might have really blown up.

Reactions: CWB

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
They may argue about JT bed covers being loose or not, but the shop at Dewey in Ankeny is good. They do the work, when they are done there's no sign of any tool marks, nothing messed up, it's fixed and looks good. Twice they could have made repairs on the cheap on our GCs but they actually went further and replaced parts that I argued should have simply been fixed in 5 minutes. The one item I told them I've even pay for - nope, we'll take care of it......
They've done the oil changed on each of our Grand Cherokees for over 10 years now and never an issue - always all fluids are topped off, no oil drips or messes, it's right when we get it (their other guy is lame on the car washes but that's just a "we'll wash it for you, too" thing, so who cares. At least it's a little bit cleaner)

Dealer shops are like restaurants - Bubba's Burgers may be a chain of 100 and 3 of those you ate at might be great, that doesn't mean the 4th one will be great - it's the management and staff. It's not the fact they are a dealership, it's how they are run. Jeep, Ford, Chevy, GM - all independent as far as staff.
If the boss hires lazy short-cutters fresh from McDonalds burger flipping school, well..........that doesn't mean the Jeep shop 20 miles away is lame.
I've worked in places where the boss was picky, his employees hand-picked, and the atmosphere was that you strove to do your very best, the boss put his personal guarantee behind your work and was often friends with the customers. It was right, period.
And I worked in one where the boss was get it in, get it done fast, get it out, next! That one I literally walked away from, I got so upset with the crap going on, the shoddy work, the profit over lives attitude. But when a family came in with brake problems on a station wagon and the boss told me what to do (and I KNEW that wouldn't fix it, they'd lose brakes minutes later) I had had enough. I told him in front of everyone that I wasn't going to be responsible for the lives of that family - doing work I knew wasn't going to fix their brakes - and charge them for it. Walked out to my truck, backed up to the door, loaded my tools and drove away. No one said a word to me - thank goodness, I might have really blown up.
Wow. I worked at a farm equipment dealership for a couple years. Couldn't stand the management. I witnessed a few shady practices myself...in fact I was involved in a couple. Glad I'm not there anymore. I was fired thank God...soaked up the unemployment benefits.

TJRjeepn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2011 Buick Enclave, 2009 Chevy Malibu
Occupation
Account Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It's too bad that people have to deal with sales people/dealers who either don't know what they sell, or in some hopefully RARE cases, don't want to bother with corporate programs.
I just purchased our Gladiator Friday and ran into all of this. They were unaware of the 4 free Jeep Wave program. I felt I was also more informed on the specs of the Jeep than he was. Granted I had spent weeks reading and watching all I could about the Gladiator. Don’t get me wrong the salesman was a good guy, it just would have been great to experience a salesman more informed than myself.