First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Installed Rusty’s LCA skids and had a really hard time getting the control arm bolts back through. I thought about this before I started but nobody seemed to mention having any difficulty :movember:
Eventually I jacked up the front of the diff to tilt it up and push the LCA forward a smidge.
Oh, and for me there was no way the holes would line up. I had to enlarge the forward bolt hole as many others.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] D0819B77-8242-400D-95A2-08F18019D3F2
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] B2749AE8-EBEB-4DB7-BF8B-4A084790D27C

dickeldan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
photographer
Can I ask which % tint? Does it match well with the stock back?
The guy put 20% on to match. Hopefully don’t get ticket. Legal here is 35. Matches perfectly so don’t think it will be big deal

Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
This week I did some more small things.... added a 2nd rear tow hook (with factory cut out) and then painted the hooks front and rear. Then a 4 wheel drive decal and a black raised "OVERLAND" emblem.

I also made a small bar (out of some old motorcycle exhaust pipe bends we had laying around) to mount some lights on the front for my factory Overland bumper.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] overland rear

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Overland front

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Installed Rusty’s LCA skids and had a really hard time getting the control arm bolts back through. I thought about this before I started but nobody seemed to mention having any difficulty :movember:
Eventually I jacked up the front of the diff to tilt it up and push the LCA forward a smidge.
Oh, and for me there was no way the holes would line up. I had to enlarge the forward bolt hole as many others.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Overland front
I really want these, but I guess really I want a set that fits.

Michael@WeGo4WhlLow

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Area Director
Punk'n, looks great!! Do you have the factory part number for the cut out? Thanks...

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I agree, it’s irritating having to fit all these parts that are supposed to be bolt on... but there’s nothing else like these on the market. Tbh opening the holes wasn’t too terrible, I hated lining up the LCA bolts though!

Sponsored

GWillys

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTW
Occupation
Engineer
Swapped out headlights and converted bulbs in fogs, DRLs and replaced side markers.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I agree, it’s irritating having to fit all these parts that are supposed to be bolt on... but there’s nothing else like the Rusty’s frame skids on the market. TBH opening the holes wasn’t too terrible, I hated lining up the LCA bolts though!

Last edited:

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
Finally got the last major bits of my overlanding build finished yesterday so I'll throw in:
2020 JTR with just about every stock option available. 2.5” Icon lift with custom rear springs for all the added weight. 37” Toyo R/T’s on Black Rhino Madness Wheels:
01_LiftedGladiator.jpg

Slightly modified factory steel bumper. Removed side wings, installed Warn Winch, added FrogFab shackle mounts
02_FrontBumper.jpeg

Added Alu-Cab Canopy and cargo slide
03_CargoSlide.jpeg

Mounted the Trail Kitchen (overlandkitchen.com) that came out of my JKUR
04_CargoSlidewithKitchen.jpeg

05_ExtendedKitchen.jpeg

Driver's side cupboard filled with air equipment (haven't decided whether I want to mount the ARB dual compressor yet)
07_CupboardAir.jpeg

Passenger side cupboard has recovery gear
08_CupboardRecovery.jpeg

Storage cubes in the forward section of the cargo slide with chairs, water, etc. accessible forward of the cupboards. Not pictured is the Waterport that I just mounted on the Trail Rail
09_ForwardCupboard.jpeg

Added some perimeter lighting on both sides contolled by a Trigger 4 Plus that allows us to control lighting in the shell and perimeter from inside the RTT.
10_PerimeterLighting.jpeg

James Baroud RTT and Awning
11_RearAwning.jpeg

There's a bunch of other minor details but those are the big nuggets.

Not a lot left that I want to do. Probably rock lights to complete the perimeter lighting theme.
That looks very clean and functional.

ExitLeft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland