Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

nbajunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Wyllis
I bought the pins off Quadratec which cost more than most but there great. I’ve had no issues. Might be worth checking out.
CD11A1FB-E0E9-49AF-82F6-E37E88E7388C.png
I think you did well. While I like mine they don't stick out as much as yours. The bottoms were a PITA to tighten.
Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Not a bad decision either way, but just sharing my experience. My line-x place suggested I go with regular since mine had a diamond back. Said the only difference was the UV protection and not worth it in my case.
yeah since I don’t have my DB yet and may still be awhile, I figured I’d get premium anyways even though it’s garage kept. Plus it looks darker which I like.

side question on your DB. You install the shims for the bed rail caps? If so, Overall how was that? Heard it can be a pain.

Last edited:

Frank...

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 6-speed
Installed Diver Down neoprene seat covers. Took a couple of months to come in. Should help save my tan interior from swamp asses getting off the river!

1DC022F6-DD36-4C5C-B943-08CE5D7BC5F2.jpeg

51F81879-7073-4074-9F27-86DFAF0771A1.jpeg

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Honestly, not super equipped to answer that - I'm not fully up to speed on all the math behind how effectively a solar panel can charge a car battery (I get it - I should know if I have one). I think the short answer is simply: "it depends". It will depend on what you're powering, how long you're powering it (i.e. when was the engine last running to charge the battery), and ultimately how efficient your panel is (how sunny/cloudy, angle, debris on the panel, etc.).

My initial use-case is to just act as a constant trickle charge to give me peace of mind. I also installed the factory bed outlet (i.e. it uses the stock 400w inverter), and plan to use it mostly for a cooler I just bought. My hope is that the solar panel will keep me safely where I need to be while I’m occasionally using the cooler to chill drinks when camping.

Sorry for the non-answer.
Appreciate the response.

I was more curious if somehow the solar panel hookup would allow the bed outlet to stay "live" with engine turned off. Currently it shuts off when the engine if off. I take a electric cooler on road trips that I keep in the bed plugged into the outlet....but when we stop for food, shopping, etc it does not stay powered on.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I think you did well. While I like mine they don't stick out as much as yours. The bottoms were a PITA to tighten.
ive always been leery of these allowing the doors to not sit correctly. Ive noticed with my tube doors that they sit, and latch, differently if they are just sat in the mounts v/s when they are bolted in.

Im curious if anyone has heard of or experienced the oem doors sagging with just these pins? or am I just overthinking this whole thing...

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
ive always been leery of these allowing the doors to not sit correctly. Ive noticed with my tube doors that they sit, and latch, differently if they are just sat in the mounts v/s when they are bolted in.

Im curious if anyone has heard of or experienced the oem doors sagging with just these pins? or am I just overthinking this whole thing...
I have not used the aftermarket but my tube doors do not fit correctly without the nuts tightened on the hinge pins.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Loaded up the Kayaks !!!
Gladiator-Kayak.jpeg
Did you add "covers' to the front of your trail doors? looks great!

UPDATE: I zoomed in. Without my glasses, it looked like leather.... :facepalm::facepalm:

jorbasaurus

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT
Occupation
HRIS Consulting

I’ve got a cheap set from Amazon where the lower pin is much shorter than the top (@SnazzGlad ’s setup seems much more secure), and I haven’t had any issues. I do hand tighten the pins fairly regularly just to be safe, but I’m more worried about one falling off than the door not aligning. They're quite snug in the bushing.

Painkillerspe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Removed this POS from my OBD port. Elo GPS tracker installed by the dealer. It was a dealer added option that they wouldn't remove or budge on. Looked over my sales documents and I do not see it added.

Supposed be like lowjack for you car and read diagnostic codes. But it's also sharing information back to dealer. They can read your engine codes and other information at any time and bug you about service.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210810_095704

Last edited:

Sponsored

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Appreciate the response.

I was more curious if somehow the solar panel hookup would allow the bed outlet to stay "live" with engine turned off. Currently it shuts off when the engine if off. I take a electric cooler on road trips that I keep in the bed plugged into the outlet....but when we stop for food, shopping, etc it does not stay powered on.
The solar panel itself? No. My setup is simply that it's attached to the battery. The MPPT controller that it came with has one set of wires that I can hook up an aux device to (assuming the power rating matches), but I'm not using it at the moment.

The factory bed outlet switch is going to be your issue. Given that I had to use the Tazer to "code" in the switch, my guess is it's tied to the computer system, and not just physically wired off an ACC/Run fuse, similar to the aux switches. I would imagine you will have to rewire the switch and/or inverter to achieve what you're looking for - or just install a new inverter entirely and wire it directly to the solar panel (I think that's possible - but haven't researched).

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
The solar panel itself? No. My setup is simply that it's attached to the battery. The MPPT controller that it came with has one set of wires that I can hook up an aux device to (assuming the power rating matches), but I'm not using it at the moment.

The factory bed outlet switch is going to be your issue. Given that I had to use the Tazer to "code" in the switch, my guess is it's tied to the computer system, and not just physically wired off an ACC/Run fuse, similar to the aux switches. I would imagine you will have to rewire the switch and/or inverter to achieve what you're looking for - or just install a new inverter entirely and wire it directly to the solar panel (I think that's possible - but haven't researched).
Thanks.

Guess I will just go with my original plan and get some sorta powerbank (Jackery, etc) that allows passthru. So essentially use it as a make shift UPS for when bed outlet shuts off. Dont need a very big one to power cooler for a few hours at most.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Removed this POS from my OBD port. Elo GPS tracker installed by the dealer. It was a dealer added option that they wouldn't remove or budge on. Looked over my sales documents and I do not see it added.

Supposed be like lowjack for you car and read diagnostic codes. But it's also sharing information back to dealer. They can read your engine codes and other information at any time and bug you about service.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210810_095704
where did you find it under the dash? can ya snap a pic of where I / we should be looking?

Reactions: KVJ

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon

Take a trip to a used car dealership and plug it into one of their vehicles? Wonder if the jeep dealership would still get info