First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Truck Driver
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220119_165709
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220119_162459

I added the Rock Jock carrier bearing drop spacer. I've got 3.5" coil lift & 3/4" spacer out back. Sorry no b4 pics, it did have quite an upward tilt. For only $30 bucks & 1/2 hr, I feel better & so does the driveshaft.

Jimbo8v92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Mojave, 1992 yj w/ Ford 302
Occupation
Welder
Drove to the dealer this morning to get my first oil change and was told they dont do oil changes after 9 so i went to the parts store got oil and a filter and did it myself...lol im glad i did because oil was pretty dark even with only 2500mi

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland Diesel
Well I guess lesson learned - don't park the gladiator for more than a couple weeks without driving it. Battery 100% dead. No recovering it either.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] E43F2DC3-2A36-4AA7-A9CC-D207813EE54C
Batteries are lighter than the Jeep and don’t need towed. I get it though especially if it’s still under warranty. But I think I would still just buy an odyssey and be done with it.

O-Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
It's been a while since I have had a chance to post the progress so please forgive me if I overlap from previous posts...

Ham was removed and GMRS installed. Also got the tablet (with all the needed apps) mounted with a Ram Mount.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20220122_202116177.MP

Seven Sparta Light mounts...
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20220123_041328501

Finished out the bed stuff...

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20220122_201927845.MP

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20220122_201931891.MP

For those who are curious how the toolbox stays put. I mounted some aluminum barstock and L channel to the board.

Got it named...

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 9bb91acb-cd2f-4ed3-b4e5-56c19351dad0

Still waiting on the bumpers.

alara1972

First Name
Abel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Military
These do look great. I think Ive asked before but the rears are the ones that are specific to the max tow fenders right? Ive been so dang apprehensive since the complete set is $160ish
Yes, the rear are specific for the max tow package. My wife got them for me for Christmas from Quadratec. I think they're on sale right now for $64.99. The widetrac option is for the max tow.

Sponsored

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
Sold it, and got a 4Runner….TRD Off Road Premium w/ KDSS. Took me a long time, alot of effort to find one, and camping out ifo a dealer to get it without a mark up. While i was stroking my check, 5 people came in to buy it. One yelled at the sales person for not being able to get it.

im a Toyota homer. Always have been…Land Cruisers have taken me -literally- all over the globe. So, when I couldnt take the gladiator on my move, it seemed logical to go back. Front bumper and winch, Elka suspension, ARB skids, TRD intake and exhaust, URD fuel controller, tires, KDSS controller, and more already going on now.

well. I will say, part of me wonders if i shouldnt have gotten a JL.

the tech, infotainment, and user interface of the 4Runner is hot garbage. The OS is stable, and seemingly quick as uConnect, but its not close outside of that. It doesnt dim with the interior lights…separate dimmer in a menu, which is stupid. if you get out of the truck while it is running, you cannot lock or unlock doors from the fob Which bothers the shit out of me. Remote start shuts the car off when you open the door, and you have to restart. The 5spd/od gear box isnt bad, but its way behind the 8spd in the jeeps, and mileage suffers in comparison. My stock 4Runner gets the same as my Gladiator did with 37’s, 4.88, armor, and the supercharger

its not all bad, though. The traction systems are LIGHTYEARS ahead of Jeep. Like, better than lockers. A-trac is amazing, and combined with MTS, it simply cannot be beat. The 1500lb payload is, imo, the bare minimum for an overland vehicle. KDSS is a dream…it handles like a sport sedan around corners. The 4.0 engine has a lot more low end grunt than the jeep 3.6. And omg- an outdoor enthusiast vehicle that has cup holders that fit a Nalgene?!?! Amazing.

I love the 4runner, but if i had the last 5 days to do over, I might go to jeep and see if i could get a suitable JL with a 2.0 engine optioned the way I want with a sticker under $50k…..i guess with the prices of used 4Runners i still could….haha. T4R is a great truck, i just think im surprised how much I miss my jeep, and seeing how far Jeep has come that a Wrangler unlimited and a 4Runner can be in the same conversation.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 9bb91acb-cd2f-4ed3-b4e5-56c19351dad0
and no more waves...

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only good way I was able to talk myself out of 38-40s is that I didn't want a spare filling up my entire bed or strapped to the top somewhere or blocking the view behind. So I managed to squeeze a 37 under the bed and that's what I run.
what did you do to do that? I heard of people airing them down, and some cannot without rear track bar rubbing.

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed the Rampage hood locks. High quality stuff. Very happy with them, especially since the last set (Jap knockoffs) broke off and left my hood flapping in the wind. Highly recommend the Rampage.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20211031_002743041.PORTRAIT
do they key to your jeep or another key all together?

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
Replaced OG rock rails with Paramount Automotive Gen 2 JT rock sliders.

PXL_20211031_002604661.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20211031_002743041.PORTRAIT.jpg
Thanks for the great pics. That’s how all pics of rails/sliders/side steps should be (IMHO). If you had posted just the first pic I wouldn’t have realized they’re dual height and missed the detail of the attached flat plate shown in the second pic. Appreciate it. Nice looking truck too.
Sponsored