Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Gladiator today?

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
On this wet, cold, cloudy Sunday morning we made a short trip to a nearby forest. The picture is as bad as the weather.

The location is actually a memorial, stop reading if you are not interested in "german history" (my English is not good so excuse wrong translation). I am not sure if this post is allowed, please remove/move if not OK.

In 1945 a train with 5000 people was moving from one Konzentrationslager to another one. This parking spot is where a small train station was at that time. Several hundred people were shot here by the Nazis during this stop, and buried next to the railway. After WW2 the american soldiers found the location, people of the region had to get the dead bodies out of the ground with bare hands (my wife’s grand-uncle was one of the people who had to dig, so this really happened). ALL people had to go there and look at the horrible scene.
More details in better english: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KZ-Transport_1945_Memorial

8EB8FC45-3B48-4937-A25E-A9990BD16E06.jpeg
Thank you for sharing. I plan to take my family to Germany someday to tour all the WWII sites (and just see the country too of course!). I’m really looking forward to this.
Sponsored

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
On this wet, cold, cloudy Sunday morning we made a short trip to a nearby forest. The picture is as bad as the weather.

The location is actually a memorial, stop reading if you are not interested in "german history" (my English is not good so excuse wrong translation). I am not sure if this post is allowed, please remove/move if not OK.

In 1945 a train with 5000 people was moving from one Konzentrationslager to another one. This parking spot is where a small train station was at that time. Several hundred people were shot here by the Nazis during this stop, and buried next to the railway. After WW2 the american soldiers found the location, people of the region had to get the dead bodies out of the ground with bare hands (my wife’s grand-uncle was one of the people who had to dig, so this really happened). ALL people had to go there and look at the horrible scene.
More details in better english: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KZ-Transport_1945_Memorial

Thank you for sharing the story. As we say “Never Again.” Enjoy your Gladiator!

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
Thank you for sharing. I plan to take my family to Germany someday to tour all the WWII sites (and just see the country too of course!). I’m really looking forward to this.
It’s a beautiful place, you won’t regret it.

Sheldon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland Diesel
Visiting Germany is absolutely recommended. Nowadays most people speak some english here in Germany, and it is very different from the US. You can contact me if you have any questions or need recommendations.

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Explored some potential new home sites. One had some mad potential for wheeling and plenty of mud so now I'm night washing.

20210307_184016.jpg
Love the look of your truck. What is your setup?

SnazzGlad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Brought home some brand new take offs from this guy that bought his 16yr old son a brand new JTR and got it lifted with new wheels and 35’s. Oh and custom leather seats. Lucky kid but his dad was super cool and I was at his house for an hour shooting the sh*t.
AC44B86F-D4CF-45E0-8A5F-DFF7A26D8D9B.jpeg
5E926CF0-4099-4420-932A-0B5E35DE0949.jpeg

PeterGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
(re)tired...!
Looks like some people are having difficulty understanding the difference between "with" and "to"...

Anyway, I live desert front on undeveloped land (which fortunately can't be developed) and particularly during this time of year when the weather is much cooler/nicer, there's a lot of Jeep/UTV/off-road traffic.

Yesterday morning we heard the telltale sound of someone stuck, and in the process of getting more stuck. We're on top of plateau near a large wash where the incline is short but steep and the sand is very soft.

I yelled out to the apparently increasingly panicked young man and asked if he was stuck and needed help, to which he emphatically answered "YES!" to both. I told him I'd be right there and made sure I had my recovery gear in my Mojave, which I did.

He had an OLD Ford Ranger ('90s) that was rather beat up. The arse end was completely buried in the sand with the bumper touching it, likewise with the axle, nearly two feet deep. It was on the steep incline where I had previously rescued another Jeep Rubicon with my '17 JKUR (how he got stuck is a whole other story!).

Besides being super stuck in soft/deep sand, he hadn't aired down, his tires were in very bad shape and to top if off, his truck was 2WD. There was no way I was going to be able to pull him up from the front, so the plan was to back him out. We wrapped a tow strap around his frame rail which he had to dig out, and around one of the rear tow hooks on my Mojave.

I had aired down so I threw it into 4-low, M1 with the rear locker engaged and managed get him pulled out relatively easily. I got him in spot where I THOUGHT he was going to be safe, only to have my wife call me when I was on the way back to tell me that it looked like he was getting stuck again. I turned around and met back up with him and that's exactly what was happening.

I got him all hooked up again and towed him all the way out to the wash, and then unhooked and drove up to the hardtop. Throughout the process he repeatedly asked me if he could pay me, help out with landscaping or otherwise do anything to repay the favor. I told him not to worry about it and consider it an early Christmas present.

It was my Mojave's first desert rescue/recovery and I'm sure it won't be the last...!

Sponsored

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing drastic but I had 33 in grapplers on stock rims. I got 35 in BFG KO2’s today and Fuel rims. Discount tire is great. I will deal with them from now on. CJ Pony parts suck. I was waiting on rims since August and every two weeks, it was two more weeks. DT was up front with not being able to get those but he looked up and called suppliers until he found these in Texas. That was Friday and they are installed today. They have also been holding my tires for over a month while I got broken promises about my rims.
anyway, I like these just as much as the others I picked and the price was about the same.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 071C6597-849B-4BF3-AD40-9B08666C86F3
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 39577FA4-AFED-4099-96DB-49DD0E0FC3B1

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Drove home in the snow. The Wildpeak AT's are great on the snow.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? IMG_20211212_183304
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? IMG_20211212_183312
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? IMG_20211212_183316

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired

Sheldon, Thank you so much for sharing this with the forum. I've been to some of the camps and it's just depressing to think about how easy it is for evil to operate.

For my fellow Americans, can you imagine what would happen if anyone even suggested handling mass casualties of innocents this way? Of MAKING citizens come and view the evil happening in their own back yard? Because it isn't like it isn't happening with the number of shootings and killings in many of the major cities in America. Different times for sure.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

I had to smile when I read your post. Your English is better than the English spoken and written by people born and raised in the U.S.A.
Don't be ashamed or shy about it.

I'm very impressed by the German people and their determination to make sure the past is not forgotten and to ensure "never again".
My wife has been to Austria twice and I'd love to visit Germany and Austria myself - to see the history and reminders and experience the hospitality there. (and the beer, of course)
German engineers are still among the best in the world and I worked with a German company to get our state agency VPN server and gateway set up. It was the best VPN software I'd ever seen and the support was beyond excellent.
Sponsored

Last edited: