Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Gladiator today?

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Jeep adventure academy in Uwharrie. I can’t recommend this highly enough. I learned a lot about my Jeep and had a blast. There were a lot of Gladiators there, in fact about as many as Wranglers. Met some nice people and at least one who is on this forum. I didn’t take many pictures or videos but got a few. Video file sizes are too large to upload from my phone but I’ll work on them later.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? A7FCC2B9-3687-4A50-8792-4B8282D532B1

I highly recommend a hitch skid for us Gladiator folks. I put mine on about halfway through and it helped a ton. For stuff like this the folks in the 2 door Wranglers had the easiest time. I learned that there are some benefits to the long wheel base in other applications, though.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 8B83E347-AC73-4498-9ABB-C4C3EF87B750

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? CECCBC84-D2EA-480C-8B09-D95C48916B1F

I have some deep cleaning to do on the underside especially. Having mud flaps made a huge difference in how much got up on the sides and windows in mine vs those without them.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 29F269CC-41AA-4F7A-8AD4-77F2F1ED733C
Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Called insurance to kindly reopen flood claim to now cover transmission, not 500 miles after new motor... in a 13k mile jt. Needless to say, I think I've found every one of her weaknesses. Now I kno what to do on the next one after swapping parts.

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Hitch skids are a must! I used mine this am! Fins and Things Trail, Moab

That spot is definitely one that gets shown a lot… even the TFL guys make a big stink about it… lol… how was mob overall? I’ll be there on Sunday!

CreepyJeepy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0
Occupation
Cyber Security
That spot is definitely one that gets shown a lot… even the TFL guys make a big stink about it… lol… how was mob overall? I’ll be there on Sunday!
Honestly that spot kind of sneaks up on ya.
I’m on the mopar 2” + 1/2” spacer up front.
35” tires.

Fins was no issue, hells revenge was also no prob, but there are a few spots on the exit to plan your line. I did it without a spotter and it was no prob.

I’m considering steel bender tomorrow.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Honestly that spot kind of sneaks up on ya.
I’m on the mopar 2” + 1/2” spacer up front.
35” tires.

Fins was no issue, hells revenge was also no prob, but there are a few spots on the exit to plan your line. I did it without a spotter and it was no prob.

I’m considering steel bender tomorrow.
Good to hear… first day we there gonna be doing metal masher and top of the world… hoping to do a few more while there

maddocmuc

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Physician
Vehicle Showcase
From the sound of it, you used your hitch as a rock plow…..

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
From the sound of it, you used your hitch as a rock plow…..
Maybe not yet but I have added protection … I know it’s definitely gonna scrape at moab lol

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 22E3B448-26D1-472B-AEE7-ECDB0EA05787

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 2E58FC3F-D9D3-4AAE-8937-03003F6388B1

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? BF521B98-B160-4C94-A4B2-1477E9B9FCE6

Maccam26

First Name
Marc-Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Jeep adventure academy in Uwharrie. I can’t recommend this highly enough. I learned a lot about my Jeep and had a blast. There were a lot of Gladiators there, in fact about as many as Wranglers. Met some nice people and at least one who is on this forum. I didn’t take many pictures or videos but got a few. Video file sizes are too large to upload from my phone but I’ll work on them later.
I highly recommend a hitch skid for us Gladiator folks. I put mine on about halfway through and it helped a ton. For stuff like this the folks in the 2 door Wranglers had the easiest time. I learned that there are some benefits to the long wheel base in other applications, though.

I have some deep cleaning to do on the underside especially. Having mud flaps made a huge difference in how much got up on the sides and windows in mine vs those without them.
do they take you out on trails or just within a certain area ? Any pinstriping areas that were unavoidable? I’ve always wanted to do the academy but … still want to avoid damage if I can. What mud flaps were you running… I have weathertec on mine now with Rokblokz on order … I like the weathertec figment and look but afraid they will scrape off-road and get ripped off. Thanks for any insight

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
The first half of the day is hills and an abstacle course of sorts to get you used to the angles you need to take, speed (or lack thereof), using the manual setting in 4 low and so forth. The 2nd half after a nice smoked pork lunch is the trail ride. There are some hairy areas, but they have guides set up at all of them to keep you on the trail. I didn't get any pinstripes, and at least in Uwharrie you'd have to veer pretty far off the sides of the trails to get into brush. It's a military training area and their humvees and such clear a wide path. I have Weathertechs as well and they stayed on the vehicle. Getting all the mud out of every nook and cranny is going to take a while though. I spent 20 minutes rinsing at the car wash yesterday and the red clay just kept coming out.

Eventyr_JT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
IBEW Electrician
The first half of the day is hills and an abstacle course of sorts to get you used to the angles you need to take, speed (or lack thereof), using the manual setting in 4 low and so forth. The 2nd half after a nice smoked pork lunch is the trail ride. There are some hairy areas, but they have guides set up at all of them to keep you on the trail. I didn't get any pinstripes, and at least in Uwharrie you'd have to veer pretty far off the sides of the trails to get into brush. It's a military training area and their humvees and such clear a wide path. I have Weathertechs as well and they stayed on the vehicle. Getting all the mud out of every nook and cranny is going to take a while though. I spent 20 minutes rinsing at the car wash yesterday and the red clay just kept coming out.
LOL welcome to Uwharrie!
My son and I did some of the trails at Grand Overland during Trailfest a few weeks ago. It was a cool place, but very different obstacles and trail design than the National Forest area. If you go into the NF plan on getting your belly rubbed on the water diversion mounds. Skid plates and rocker rails are definitely required!
Sponsored