Sponsored

What do you guess the MPG of the Ecodiesel Gladiator will be?

What do you guess the MPG of the Ecodiesel Gladiator will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
The Ecodiesel is coming to the gladiator. What are your predictions for the MPG?
Sponsored

JJStasen

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 RAM, 12 Tahoe, 97 TJ [RIP 99 XJ ton's and 35's]
Vehicle Showcase

CDJeeps25

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep WJ, 2007 Jeep WK CRD, 2018 Jeep WK2 EcoDiesel.
My 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee trailhawk 3.0 diesel gets about 24 average MPG.

OP
OP
DMoney

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee trailhawk 3.0 diesel gets about 24 average MPG.
Cool.My dad can get his up to 29 MPG on the freeway. Ecodiesel definitely has good potential for good MPG. The thing to be concerned about the Gladiator is aerodynamics and weight.

Sponsored

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
One of the FCA execs at the recent 2018 LA Auto Show said the Gladiator diesel will not be available until CY2021. When a big wig says "available by CY2021," you can bet your bottom dollar he means not one millisecond before the last second of the last minute of the last day of 2021, which is Dec 31, 2021, or in other words, 1Q2022, best case scenario. I mean, when you give your deliverables to your boss, and you state you will accomplish Goal #X by 2Q2019, what you really mean (but are too afraid to get trapped into an earlier and more precise committal date), is not one day prior to June 30, 2019, right? So, the Gladiator diesel is a good 3+ years out, assuming the diesel is not canceled in the interim, and that everything goes 100% perfectly excellent, including the huge mess and uncertainties with the pollution stuff, etc. The upside is I would hope the Jeep engineers can make some tweaks that will provide at least a tiny bit of MPG improvement over the diesel RAM, or the Grand Cherokee oil burner, given that FCA engineers have the next 3+ years to accomplish this. My guess is we will be lucky if we see a diesel Gladiator on a Jeep showroom floor by even 1Q2022, but (hopefully) I could be wrong. Sigh...
Jeep Gladiator What do you guess the MPG of the Ecodiesel Gladiator will be? {filename}

Warbirds

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater trucks and fast motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
From a program management view I always select dates I know I can BEAT, and I know all the functions are doing the same- so when i need mechanical/electrical/Quality engineering to provide a bid I know they have padded it, as will the tooling and manufacturing guys and the suppliers and as will I to my own. No matter how hard you try to build a firm schedule no department wants to be the one to stop a program-
The end result, at least in my industry, with my customers, is we regularly beat expectations and when the inevitable issue pops up, we have room in the schedule to recover.

OP
OP
DMoney

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
One of the FCA execs at the recent 2018 LA Auto Show said the Gladiator diesel will not be available until CY2021. When a big wig says "available by CY2021," you can bet your bottom dollar he means not one millisecond before the last second of the last minute of the last day of 2021, which is Dec 31, 2021, or in other words, 1Q2022, best case scenario. I mean, when you give your deliverables to your boss, and you state you will accomplish Goal #X by 2Q2019, what you really mean (but are too afraid to get trapped into an earlier and more precise committal date), is not one day prior to June 30, 2019, right? So, the Gladiator diesel is a good 3+ years out, assuming the diesel is not canceled in the interim, and that everything goes 100% perfectly excellent, including the huge mess and uncertainties with the pollution stuff, etc. The upside is I would hope the Jeep engineers can make some tweaks that will provide at least a tiny bit of MPG improvement over the diesel RAM, or the Grand Cherokee oil burner, given that FCA engineers have the next 3+ years to accomplish this. My guess is we will be lucky if we see a diesel Gladiator on a Jeep showroom floor by even 1Q2022, but (hopefully) I could be wrong. Sigh...
Jeep Gladiator What do you guess the MPG of the Ecodiesel Gladiator will be? {filename}
The Ram Ecodiesel is coming out again for the 2020 model year. So ecodiesel is coming back in like a year and a half (because model years start in the fall the year before for some reason). Why it is gonna take them longer to put in the Gladiator is an answer by don't have.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
The Ram Ecodiesel is coming out again for the 2020 model year. So ecodiesel is coming back in like a year and a half (because model years start in the fall the year before for some reason). Why it is gonna take them longer to put in the Gladiator is an answer by don't have.
Mike Manley said the diesel will be available in the year 2020 so you have at least a year but my guess is b/t March-June 2020.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Mike Manley said the diesel will be available in the year 2020 so you have at least a year but my guess is b/t March-June 2020.
This. @JAY on here taked to the Jeep guys at the LA Autoshow and they told him CALENDAR YEAR 2020. So my guess is mid year in 2020

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I have averaged just under 25 mpg in my GC with oversized tires and can get 29 easily on the highway if I stay close to the speed limit.

On the stock tires I was routinely getting 1.5 mpg better on both numbers.

I think that the sport /S/Overlander will get at least 24 mpg combined and the Rubicon slightly less due to the tires.
Sponsored