First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I am doing the artec armor kit too. I feel like the FAD is a weak spot especially with 37’s. Some other goodies going in too, on my build page.

I’m excited, all the parts are inbound.
Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Really cool tent. I like the pop up design
Thanks. I looked at tents online until my eyes were bleeding. I kept coming back to that one. After climbing inside, I'm pretty pleased. I wanted to grab a blanket and take a nap right there. I'm thinking that's a good sign.

The quality of the Tepui appears pretty good. The ladder is especially nice; very durable

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2016 Jeep JKU, 2020 JT Rubicon
I am doing the artec armor kit too. I feel like the FAD is a weak spot especially with 37’s. Some other goodies going in too, on my build page.

I’m excited, all the parts are inbound.
Yeah, I agree. It's not that expensive either. Most of the cost is having it installed unless you know how to weld. Cheap insurance if you are running larger tires. I had a ball joint fail less than 500 miles after my lift (3,500 total on the jeep). So I was forced to upgrade to the newer HD Dana Slicer metal on metal Ball Joints.

Last edited:

nowind

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
Just my King shocks, King steering stabilizer, aaaaand the Rugged Ridge snorkel that’s been on backorder for a while on Quadratec (placed the order in November and patiently waiting).

Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
ARB Snorkel is scheduled for delivery Wednesday. Depending on weather and timing, that may be next. But I also want to get out of the house (I'm one of those folks who should stayed sequestered for their own safety during this pandemic). Whereas I would normally do overlanding runs with a few other friends, thinking about doing something pretty easy and not remote that would dovetail with another project that is half complete: The TransAmerica Trail across the U.S. Already completed the first half (more or less), from the Pacific Ocean to Buffalo, OK. Think I'll do the rest of OK over a few days. Then when my buddy for the first half is able, will finish up from OK/AR border to the Atlantic Ocean. That'll get me out of the house, easily maintain social distance, and give me a chance to get out my camera and audio gear to gather some material for another video. Here's teaser for that first half, and rest of videos are all online ...

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
Now I need to order a bed rack on which to bolt the rooftop tent. I was looking at the JCR, but now I think I'm going to order the full height rack from Rebel Off Road. It's more expensive, but appears to have a lot more features.
I got the Road Armor TRECK rack for that reason, the ability to make it different heights as needed, future expansion, etc. Bit pricier but nice for those reasons.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Next for mine will be decided on how long it takes to get stuff.. Have the Motobilt Skid plate system already on order, but dont expect it to ship till the end of the month. Monday I am going to get my lift on order from a local shop. They are pushing the MetalCloak game changer pretty hard & I will probably go that way. Still considering other options (Clayton 2.5" overland or a franken kit using Core 4x4 control arms).

DanHillAK

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 92 BMW M5 Touring, 2017 Volvo XC90
Hoping my gladiator pops up as an option to order here soon (DIESEL).
Been hanging out here for a year and dreaming about it for 2
Almost bought two different modded gladiators along the way but I’m sticking to my guns
You're better than me...I passed on a few, but 2 weeks ago I gave in and bought a gas.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Pretty sure they will be more skid plates. But my primary plan is to use the hell out of it so I can see WHAT should be done next. I did that with my first JK, and then made sensible mods based on need. From that I was able to do basics on my JT that I knew I'd used. Winch, side lights, long range lights, compressor, etc. But now it's time to just learn what happens to this specific vehicle on trails.

So far, I've scraped the hell out of the middle muffler, so I've been shopping for a guard for it. I can't find one. Rusty's has a JL skid, but they don't list the JT. I sent an email asking. I may need to make my own, which is not out of the question. I already fabbed my own compressor mount/skid next to it.

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
After adding the RLD canopy last week (already had the iKamper RTT), what’s next is 3-nights on the White Rim Trail in Moab/Canyonlands :rock:

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure they will be more skid plates. But my primary plan is to use the hell out of it so I can see WHAT should be done next. I did that with my first JK, and then made sensible mods based on need. From that I was able to do basics on my JT that I knew I'd used. Winch, side lights, long range lights, compressor, etc. But now it's time to just learn what happens to this specific vehicle on trails.

So far, I've scraped the hell out of the middle muffler, so I've been shopping for a guard for it. I can't find one. Rusty's has a JL skid, but they don't list the JT. I sent an email asking. I may need to make my own, which is not out of the question. I already fabbed my own compressor mount/skid next to it.
There are a couple of full coverage skid plates that cover it. Rockhard and motobilt I believe. May be overkill though if your just trying to protect the muffler.

howerch

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra
Occupation
Site manager For Siemens Gas Turbines
Vehicle Showcase
Topic says it all. What’s next? A mod? A trip? Rooftop tent? Giving the keys to a family member? Going to the shop? Thought it’d be cool to hear the aspirations and plans from fellow jeepers.
SB air scoop and cold air box. Limb risers

ERMedic777

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Decked storage system, then some type of mid height bed rack for a RTT. Not sure what rack i want to go with though. ALot of options out there and prices are all over the place. Anyone that has a mid height rack I would love to see your pics and feedback on what you got and why!!!! Thanks in advance!!!
Sponsored