Sponsored

What RV's are you using to flat tow your Gladiator?

GtownJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT HA
Can't afford a Super C or a Class A Diesel pusher and most of the travel trailers are too small for four people to pull behind a gladiator (Micro Minnie 2306BHS is perfect, but, too much tongue weight)...looking at an Entregra Esteem 29V but concerned about carry capacity if pulling the gladiator...thoughts from others?
Sponsored

Prescottmojave

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I flat tow mine with a 2019 Jayco 29MVP. It's rated to tow 7500 pounds. With most Class C's you are going to have to watch your rear axle load weights. Flat towing helps as there is less tongue weight. I have towed mine with full water tanks and our gear and it does ok. Sucks on hills but maintains 65MPH most of the time.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I flat tow the Gladiator behind a Bounder 35K class A with the Ford F53 chassis.
The Bounder is near the upper edge, size-wise, on the F53 chassis. Towing is rated at 5,000lbs., so the Gladiator is very near that, too.
I'm happy with how it handles, but a large gas class A isn't a whole lot less expensive than a diesel class A.

Kevin

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher
I have a Winnebago Vista Class A on a Ford F53 chassis. I do not tow my Gladiator, but I tow my JL Unlimited. I took the Gladiator on the scales at the dump and empty it weighs in at 4,970lbs. My camper is only rated to tow 5,000lbs. The JL weighs in at 4,380lbs.

Mike25

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon,2010 Jeep Wrangler Islander
Occupation
Retired
I flat tow my gladiator with a fleetwood excursion diesel pusher with a cat engine and Allison transmission. You donā€™t even know itā€™s back there. Been on many excursions from Illinois to Colorado. Michigan, gulf shores and Florida. Flat towed my Roush f150 I traded in on my gladiator with no problems as well. I even haul the golf cart in the gladiator bed.

Jeep Gladiator What RV's are you using to flat tow your Gladiator? A0435A2A-5D7B-47AB-905E-1BC821149458

Jeep Gladiator What RV's are you using to flat tow your Gladiator? 8BEB5A95-DEAB-476E-B80A-C75A295E74D7

Last edited:

Sponsored

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
We're towing with our 2007 Bounder 35E on the Workhorse W22 chassis - we know it's back there, but it does fine.

B Bedgood

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep tj
Occupation
Retired
First time poster, long time lurker. I've learned so much from this forum. Y'all were very helpful in helping me decide which Gladiator to buy a year and a half ago. Also turned me on to Guptons. Very grateful for that, as we got a great deal!

We bought a Sport S with the Maxtow package in the new Silver Zynith and my wife named him Russell. He is towed four down behind our Foretravel diesel pusher. We are full-time rv'ers and travel our beautiful country. He has 2 kayaks mounted on a ARE camper top with a couple of bikes on the back. I'll try to post a picture.
4bjMFqB8-381234837.jpeg

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
We either flat tow our JTRD or JLUR behind our Jayco Seneca 37TS Super C. Even that struggles in miles per hour on some of the mountains going to Northern Arizona.

Sponsored

Butch-R-Vols

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland 3.0 Diesel, 2011 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired
We flat tow our JTOD with our Sunseeker 3050SF class C. No problems whatsoever.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
08 Fleetwood Discovery 40x.
D356DAE3-9BE5-4AEB-BD73-69539B6698FA.jpeg
283DB2A1-A215-4C09-9D1C-01A6A8901F12.jpeg
We had an '09 40X. Loved the floor plan in it. We towed a '13 Jeep Grand Cherokee TrailHawk. The MH got 8 mpg with or without the GC behind it. We had a great time in it, until we had to throw money at it. After it got hit in the rear for $14,000. And dropping another $12,000 in engine repairs. We got rid of it. I hated the right mirror on it. I hit my head on it so many times, I lost count. The one time at Rausch Creek for a Power Wagon meet. I knocked myself out after walking into for the 3rd time.

rconkin

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Chemical Operator
We had an '09 40X. Loved the floor plan in it. We towed a '13 Jeep Grand Cherokee TrailHawk. The MH got 8 mpg with or without the GC behind it. We had a great time in it, until we had to throw money at it. After it got hit in the rear for $14,000. And dropping another $12,000 in engine repairs. We got rid of it. I hated the right mirror on it. I hit my head on it so many times, I lost count. The one time at Rausch Creek for a Power Wagon meet. I knocked myself out after walking into for the 3rd time.
The floor plan really met our needs and likes. We went through 5 fifth wheels and had one with the center aisle bath that we didnā€™t like. My mileage is similar. Iā€™ve towed an 07 Hummer H3, 12 Ram 1500 and now the Gladiator. I like towing the Jeep the best. It may be that I like her the best. We went with the 08 to avoid the smog stuff. This is my 4th Cummins and have had good luck with them so far. We got lucky and bought before prices went up with Covid. The PO had also installed 4 270 watt solar panels and that will help with boondocking when we retire in a few years. We are also members of the Discovery Owners Association which is a great resource for help on problems. Attended the national rally in Sevierville a few years back and there were 99 Discoverys there in one campground. Are you still RVing in something else?

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
The floor plan really met our needs and likes. We went through 5 fifth wheels and had one with the center aisle bath that we didnā€™t like. My mileage is similar. Iā€™ve towed an 07 Hummer H3, 12 Ram 1500 and now the Gladiator. I like towing the Jeep the best. It may be that I like her the best. We went with the 08 to avoid the smog stuff. This is my 4th Cummins and have had good luck with them so far. We got lucky and bought before prices went up with Covid. The PO had also installed 4 270 watt solar panels and that will help with boondocking when we retire in a few years. We are also members of the Discovery Owners Association which is a great resource for help on problems. Attended the national rally in Sevierville a few years back and there were 99 Discoverys there in one campground. Are you still RVing in something else?
We bought our '09 in 2014. Paid $170,000 for it. It only had 6,000 miles on it. It still had things wrapped in the shipping plastic. The outside pullout kitchen was never used. The original owner never left the state of Ohio with it. He had no family or relatives. When he died, his estate went to the state of Ohio. The MH sat inside storage for 3 yrs while his estate was settled. Then it went for auction . The dealership that originally sold it (General RV of Akron) bought it. We bought it off of them. It was a good MH up to 2020, then lots of little things started to add up to BIG things.

Had the radiator cooling fan seize up in Page Az. That was $4,000.

Both front wheel bearing seals started to leak. That was $1,200.

The bolts the hold the cooling fan housing to the block sheared off. Letting the fan chew through the radiator and intercooler. That was a $1,200 tow bill, plus $9,000 in parts and $2,000 in labor. That happened Winston-Salem NC.

It got tapped in the right rear corner. The first estimate was $21,000. The second one was $14,000. We went with the second one, and it was a shitty repair. It looked good at first, but the fiberglass started to crack at the repaired area. Had to replace the 3 storage doors on the right rear. That took 4 months for Fleetwood to make them.
Sponsored