What steering stabilizer will you get?

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
I have owned many jeeps. All of them have been lifted and I dont care how good you can correct the steering geometry with the control arms, adj track bars etc.....the steering stabilizer from the factory is barely strong enough for the factory tires let alone 37s or 35s. Some will say and I agree to an extent that the stabilizer is a bandaid on a system that has issues. That being said, I always have had good luck with steering wheel feel over bumps and less generall wandering when I upgraded stabilizers. I am looking at the Teraflex falcon 2.1 and 2.2 but cant decide if the adjustability is worth the extra cabbage. Thoughts?
Sponsored

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2016 JKUR, 2015 JKURHR, 2015 F150, 1973 Ford Bronco
I have owned many jeeps. All of them have been lifted and I dont care how good you can correct the steering geometry with the control arms, adj track bars etc.....the steering stabilizer from the factory is barely strong enough for the factory tires let alone 37s or 35s. Some will say and I agree to an extent that the stabilizer is a bandaid on a system that has issues. That being said, I always have had good luck with steering wheel feel over bumps and less generall wandering when I upgraded stabilizers. I am looking at the Teraflex falcon 2.1 and 2.2 but cant decide if the adjustability is worth the extra cabbage. Thoughts?
I'm running the Falcon 2.2 on my JKUR, totally worth it. Will definitely buy one for the JT once I know for sure it'll fit.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
okay i watched this, but can you give me some more insight on why one would want this, does this help steering feel on road at all, or is this just for wheels bouncing around wanting to move the steering wheel, and this dampens that movement?

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
FIRST: the SS is NOT a bandaid, those that say that have no idea what they are talking about.

Death Wobble: Can occur on any car and just wait till you have it on a motorcycle if you want something scary!

The SS is your first line of defense against DW. It is a KEY component in the steering system, I know some will argue you don't need if it was built right, that is simply not true. The only time you don't need a SS is if you park your new car and never drive it again.

IF you chose to alter your OEM tires, lift, etc I suggest you learn to set your own TOE & CASTER. It's very simple, fast and easy in your own driveway. You will save a lot of money and go a long ways towards avoiding issues that crop up from outside the parameters of OEM.

NektoInPhx

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99Taco4x2, 04Taco4x4, 13JKSport
I got the Fox 2.0 factory series ATS.
I've had 5 Tacomas, and enjoy driving fast.
That said, my 2 door jk sport steered like a drunken ferret.
My Rubicon Gladiator, off the lot, was right in the middle, steering wise, but bugged the heck out of me anyway.
Dead zone in the middle is nearly gone. Much closer to a sporty feel, especially on corners. Those stock Falken make a loooot of noise before they lose grip on the asphalt! :)
Drove around at first at 5 clicks, did notice a difference, then went to 15 clicks ::drool::

I've also taken my Gladiator wheeling, and it's even improved off road. This was unexpected, because it already handles dirt and rocks like a goat on PCP.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ox-2-0-factory-series-ats-steering-stabilizer

Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
You can’t go wrong with King , but i want a lot more control and fox adjustable has the most clicks so I’ll get that one.

Sponsored

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
I'll be running stock stabilizer with my 35's. This is my 6th wrangler, I have ran with 32's, 33's, 35's, and 37's. I have never needed anything beyond stock. if I were to replace mine, it would be with the Fox ATS. It is adjustable and does not pull to one side like most of the other aftermarket ones.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Well you could say that a difference is the different angles that the pictures were taken from. But that’s not it either. It’s actually the small fog lights. You can just barely see them behind the tow hooks. Front bumper now looks rather nice.
Sponsored

Last edited: