What will they tow?

Claybreaker96

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram2500 6.7 , 15 VW Golf TDI
I am thinking of getting rid of my 2018 Ram 2500 6.7. I have a 37ft TT that I am selling with it gone will not need the Ram. Looking at different replacement vehicles and the Gladiator is one of them.. I really like the looks of the Rubicon and Mojave but will I ever use it do not know. But I will not be changing what ever I get in. Lift, tires ect...I can 3 area dealers and got different answers on all of them.. what is the max tow of the Rubicon and the other trim levels. Just in case I ever want a TT in the future. Also are they as bad as consumer reports say 2 out of 5.. I want to keep it awhile and run it.. want something I never had before.. but want to make the right choice too. All input welcom.
Sponsored

ShotCaller

First Name
vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
self employed
I traded in a 2016 Ram sport for my overland. Don't miss it at all. I've had no issues with mine so far. Alot more fun to drive. Mine will tow 6000 lbs.

OP
OP

Claybreaker96

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram2500 6.7 , 15 VW Golf TDI
I traded in a 2016 Ram sport for my overland. Don't miss it at all. I've had no issues with mine so Alot more fun to drive. Mine will tow 6000 lbs.
If I do get one it will take some getting use too. Everyone that has a jeep likes it...just do not know what trim to get?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
If I do get one it will take some getting use too. Everyone that has a jeep likes it...just do not know what trim to get?
It depends on your planned use, and whether or not you want to modify it. Generally, Rubicon for slow off road, Mojave for fast off road, Overland for highway driving, Sport Max Tow for heavy loads. For the most part, they are just variations of the same truck. The Mojave does have a reinforced frame, and exceptional shocks, due to its intended use.

Sponsored

4S50

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sportsman of Leisure
I am really happy with my Gladiator Rubicon. I am up to 22000+ miles and have been towing a 5400 lbs camp trailer quite a lot lately, all around the western states and the combo works fabulously for me.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
I traded a 2013 Tundra with Toyota reliability. My hesitation was Jeep’s usual write up in the reliability department and the overall Consumer Reports reviews. I’ve got 2500 miles on mine now and love my Max Tow. I took the roof off on the first day, have taken it on vacation, and spent plenty of time on the highway. I’m very happy and Max Tow gives me the ability to tow my boat or a camper in the future. I think it’s rated at 7600 lb towing but don’t remember exactly right now. The way I justified this purchase with regard to the Consumer Reports opinion on this or the Wrangler is the resale value. If I find that this doesn’t work for me due to reliability or some other reason I shouldn’t get hurt too bad in trade in a few years when Toyota puts out a new Tundra. I really am enjoying this truck very much and at this point can say it is a much more fun vehicle than my old truck was.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
I put zero stock into much of anything CR says about Jeep, really: CR has had an anti-Jeep axe to grind for as long as I can remember. My Jeep of 16 years was no worse than my Toyota...

Get the Jeep.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I still remember when Consumer Reports s#it on the brand new Mazda Miata for having a rough ride on the freeway! I wouldn't even pick a toaster from their hot list.

Toyota and Jeep both have really good resale values for different reasons. I don't sell cars, so I don't care. The Toyota I had back in the day, I donated to Catholic Charities with 246,000 miles and a working A/C. My then wife wasn't having it that I wanted to get to 250K!

Doesn't mean it was fun to drive, that's why I still have a 93 Wrangler (drove it to work today). Buy what you want.
Sponsored