Sponsored

Where is the Gladiator 1 touch top option?!

foo.c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Corvette
It wouldn't go all the way back on JT. So it would really only work for the front row.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
It's a bad idea for a Jeep and really limits you. Why not just get a truck with a sunroof at that point? It's not an option on the 2 door wrangler either. My guess is there's not enough room to justify it mechanically or something. I personally never liked it because of how restrictive it is and how I want to ride. I want MORE freedom with a Jeep, not less.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Yeah you would get the front and some of the rear. The other hall mark of this roof is the removable rear side windows which would be lost on the JT.

Now, this is not to say I wouldn't like a bauer top option where the roof panel and window just piles up behind the rear seat headrests.

original-3-series-cabriolet-1476934676502-1000x566.jpg

original-3-series-cabriolet-1476934676517-1000x668.jpg

-e21-the-original-3-series-cabriolet-1476934676607.jpg

Who else is feeling the sky one-touch bauer vibe?

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
It's a bad idea for a Jeep and really limits you. Why not just get a truck with a sunroof at that point? It's not an option on the 2 door wrangler either. My guess is there's not enough room to justify it mechanically or something. I personally never liked it because of how restrictive it is and how I want to ride. I want MORE freedom with a Jeep, not less.
But you aren't a young housewife from Glen Cove running the dog to the groomer and then a quick lunch with the girls. The one touch roof is a luxury option for those who want some sun and some wind but can't/won't pull freedom panels and oh god the complicated hassle of folding a soft top back is just... I can't even!

Side note, my rig is option free and about as classic jeep that I could buy. Wifedroid has proclaimed that what ever comes next will be an automatic and she approves of a JLU with one touch roof and dual doors so I can have my manly man chest hair rippling sun burned neck mannishness and she can drive it and button up with ease. So yeah, compromises work to get more butts in more jeep seats.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
See! I could do away with the power function with the gladiator being so short roof wise compared to the JLU but yes, this is a great solution. Let's be honest, someone who is electing for this top is not then going to be using their gladiator to bring a bed full of stinky garbage bags to the transfer station and on the way back pick up a yard of item 4. This is a roof for a refined gentlemans truck with nice carpet, the leather seating and bright accent wheels.

The manbun problem is resolved, you don't see much of it beyond the headrests and you can open it up to be seen driving in your huge hat and jackie o's and then button it up to park.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
You guys are assuming that all JT drivers are 6' tall men. I love pulling the freedom panels on the rare nice day in cooler months, and dropping the soft top in the summer months, but I am a 6' tall man. My wife is 5'2. If I'm not around and she's driving the Jeep then there's no way she can do either of those things. And she loves taking it out into the dirt just as much as I do.

And lets not forget about folks with disabilities. I know plenty of vets with missing limbs who would struggle greatly getting the soft top flipped over.

A hardtop with a sliding fabric panel would be great for people that just want some of the feeling of open air but can't work the existing tops.

Last edited:

CFLgladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
You guys are assuming that all JT drivers are 6' tall men. I love pulling the freedom panels on the rare nice day in cooler months, and dropping the soft top in the summer months, but I am a 6' tall man. My wife is 5'2. If I'm not around and she's driving the Jeep then there's no way she can do either of those things. And she loves taking it out into the dirt just as much as I do.

And lets not forget about folks with disabilities. I know plenty of vets with missing libs who would struggle greatly getting the soft top flipped over.

A hardtop with a sliding fabric panel would be great for people that just want some of the feeling of open air but can't work the existing tops.
What's this? Empathy?
Don't see much of this around here. But I thought if it works for me it must be perfect and everyone else is either whining or complaining?

Sponsored

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
What's this? Empathy?
Don't see much of this around here. But I thought if it works for me it must be perfect and everyone else is either whining or complaining?
Occupational hazard.

Honestly, while the existing tops work for me even I would have splurged for a power slider like the JL has instead of the dual top group. Super convenient when I'm already on the move and want some fresh air? Don't have to find an overpass to hide under while I close it if it starts raining? I can still take the entire top off when I want to? Sign me up! It would probably get opened up more often simply because of the convenience factor. Hell, the sunroof on my wife's VW gets opened more frequently than the JT tops for just that reason.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
At 5-10 MPH, its two levers and a nudge. So glad I don't have the hard top. What an unnecessary fiasco for a convertible. Premium Soft top was the only option that made sense for easy use, whether its all day or 5 minutes.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
At 5-10 MPH, its two levers and a nudge. So glad I don't have the hard top. What an unnecessary fiasco for a convertible. Premium Soft top was the only option that made sense for easy use, whether its all day or 5 minutes.
That’s a risky move. I’ve seen some pretty mangled soft tops from trying to open them while moving.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S

And lets not forget about folks with disabilities. I know plenty of vets with missing libs who would struggle greatly getting the soft top flipped over.

I never assumed that. I'm 5'10" :)
Sponsored