First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Realtor
Hello, I’m looking to purchase a 2023 Jeep gladiator. I have narrowed it down between two models. The first is the gladiator freedom package. The second is an overland.
Let me start by saying the overland is basic with only the cold weather package and a bedliner added.
The freedom package has all that the overland offers and one extra set of tires and rims
Both are brand new with deep discounts because of the 2023 model year
Seeing that they are both equipped nearly identical, first question is will one have a higher resale value than the other?
Also, are there differences that I may be overlooking or do not know about?
Any opinions would be great. They are priced within $500 of each other the freedom edition is $500 less. But has a sticker of $3000.00 more than the Overland.

IMG_7272.jpeg

IMG_7271.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Realtor
Between those two, I would get the Freedom model. I prefer the Overland, which has sadly been discontinued, but that is a basic model missing most of what made the Overland preferred (for me).
Thank you. I appreciate your response

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with @Mr._Bill . When I got my Overland (June 2019), it came with so much more. The biggest amp alternator, larger cooling, 8.4 radio, etc. Pretty much everything except lockers which I added later along with a regear.

But... If I had to choose between the two, I would go with the Freedom as well.

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Realtor
I agree with @Mr._Bill . When I got my Overland (June 2019), it came with so much more. The biggest amp alternator, larger cooling, 8.4 radio, etc. Pretty much everything except lockers which I added later along with a regear.

Thank you for taking the time and letting me know.

Sponsored

jtjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Overland
I love my overland but the freedom seems like a better deal in this case.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The freedom package has all that the overland offers and one extra set of tires and rims
Why would a brand new, never been sold before Gladiator on a dealer lot come with extra set of tires and rims.
the dealer must be just tossing those in?

Seeing that they are both equipped nearly identical, first question is will one have a higher resale value than the other?
Please don't even think of thinking of that. It's one of the most piss-poor reasons to choose a vehicle there is. Things can change in a heartbeat - as we've seen in the past 4 years.
Just a horrible, horrible way to make such a decision.

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Realtor
Why would a brand new, never been sold before Gladiator on a dealer lot come with extra set of tires and rims.
the dealer must be just tossing those in?

Please don't even think of thinking of that. It's one of the most piss-poor reasons to choose a vehicle there is. Things can change in a heartbeat - as we've seen in the past 4 years.
Just a horrible, horrible way to make such a decision.
No the dealer put on aftermarket rims and tires.
also you should always keep resale value of ANYTHING in mind when purchasing. Especially when purchasing for nearly the same exact price. You’re correct we never know what tomorrow is going to bring. Why not be a little bit better prepared for it?! Just FYI from me researching this same way on my other vehicles. The most I have ever lost on a vehicle after driving it 3 years was $1200.00! Absolute fact! Buy them right, and sell them right.

MudderNuker

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR
Occupation
Retired@52
No the dealer put on aftermarket rims and tires.
also you should always keep resale value of ANYTHING in mind when purchasing. Especially when purchasing for nearly the same exact price. You’re correct we never know what tomorrow is going to bring. Why not be a little bit better prepared for it?! Just FYI from me researching this same way on my other vehicles. The most I have ever lost on a vehicle after driving it 3 years was $1200.00! Absolute fact! Buy them right, and sell them right.
Are you sure the one with the aftermarket wheels isn't a bait and switch scheme? Back where I used to live before moving to NM, the local dealer would list Gladiators at a great price including incentives just to get you into the showroom floor. Then they would dump the addendum to the price which included a ridiculous adjustment for the included aftermarket wheels and tires and the cheap leveling kit. All the added parts were maybe an extra $2,500-$3000 including labor but they would tack on $12k to the sales price.

Sponsored

Fungi3

First Name
Fungi3
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP GLADIATOR ALTITUDE
Occupation
Lover of Life
Hello, I’m looking to purchase a 2023 Jeep gladiator. I have narrowed it down between two models. The first is the gladiator freedom package. The second is an overland.
Let me start by saying the overland is basic with only the cold weather package and a bedliner added.
Also, are there differences that I may be overlooking or do not know about?
Any opinions would be great. They are priced within $500 of each other the freedom edition is $500 less. But has a sticker of $3000.00 more than the Overland.

Jeep Gladiator Which model Gladiator to buy IMG_7271

Jeep Gladiator Which model Gladiator to buy IMG_7271
Jeep sells many variations of JT models across the country. Then, when you add the 147 option packages, that makes for tons of differing configurations. That means there aren't that many exact builds sold new, and that most jeeps on the road are somewhat unique. My point is that "many" configurations of the basic model lists exist throughout the country, so you can locate the one you want (with all the options you want). Nonetheless, discounts are higher for "in-stock" vehicles. So, many of us grab the first one that excites us.

If you're choosing between "in stock: models, then I would just go with the one that has the mandatory items you want the most.
- Towing (basic)
- Cold weather
- Bed liner
- Side steps
- LED lighting
- Bed 110V AC
- On and on
- Two tops (hard top and soft top pkg)
- Color you like
- Upgraded stereo/nav/etc
- And the list goes on and on

Butch-R-Vols

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland 3.0 Diesel, 2011 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired
As I own an Overland with all the bells and whistles, I would buy the Freedom pkg because it offers more in "extras" than the Overland you are comparing it to. Both are basically the same. I love, love my Overland!!

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Realtor
Jeep sells many variations of JT models across the country. Then, when you add the 147 option packages, that makes for tons of differing configurations. That means there aren't that many exact builds sold new, and that most jeeps on the road are somewhat unique. My point is that "many" configurations of the basic model lists exist throughout the country, so you can locate the one you want (with all the options you want). Nonetheless, discounts are higher for "in-stock" vehicles. So, many of us grab the first one that excites us.

If you're choosing between "in stock: models, then I would just go with the one that has the mandatory items you want the most.
- Towing (basic)
- Cold weather
- Bed liner
- Side steps
- LED lighting
- Bed 110V AC
- On and on
- Two tops (hard top and soft top pkg)
- Color you like
- Upgraded stereo/nav/etc
- And the list goes on and on
Wow. Thank you for the great and detailed explanation!

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Realtor
Are you sure the one with the aftermarket wheels isn't a bait and switch scheme? Back where I used to live before moving to NM, the local dealer would list Gladiators at a great price including incentives just to get you into the showroom floor. Then they would dump the addendum to the price which included a ridiculous adjustment for the included aftermarket wheels and tires and the cheap leveling kit. All the added parts were maybe an extra $2,500-$3000 including labor but they would tack on $12k to the sales price.
No, I have a purchase order from the dealer. They put a set of $4000 aftermarket tires and rims on this vehicle that I do not want. But they will not sell the jeep without them. However, the price is a fantastic price even with, the $4000 rims and tires. But thank you for that information.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
Freedom edition. But...depends on what aftermarket tires/wheels they put on it. Are they free? Included in your quoted price? Are you receiving the original tires/wheels? If I didn't like the aftermarket ones I would tell them to remove and put the OEM back on and renegotiate the price.
Sponsored