Sponsored

Which second vehicles compliment the gladiator best?

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Like a lot of you, our second is a Grand Cherokee Ltd. Very comfortable but, I have found the seats in my Overland (cloth) are more comfortable than the GC. It has the V-6 so it's 25 mpg on the highway in the summer (24 winter) and 19 mpg bopping around (again, 1 mpg less in the winter).
Sponsored

nas4a

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Diesel
My daily is a Volvo XC90. Big enough to fit me, the wife, 2 kids and a dog for trips to see the grandparents. I have a roof-top cargo pod for longer trips and more cargo if needed. It's got a 4-cyl that makes plenty of power and gets 20-25 MPG. Fantastic highway manners and a very refined ride.

My Gladiator ('22 Sport S Diesel) is all the things the XC90 ISN'T - Not as refined or quiet...but it's a heck of a lot fun and can still carry everything we need and do it with good mileage.

They compliment each other well despite serving similar purposes in different ways. My previous "2nd" car was a Porsche Cayman - which was a blast, but wasn't practical as my wife can't drive a manual transmission, and the kids couldn't ride in it. I sold it to buy the Gladiator and haven't regretted it for a minute.

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
The Gladiator is our "comfortable" vehicle.
While this is also a convertible (seriously, for where I live, why own a vehicle that isn't 😁) this complements the Jeeps well for us. It gets a bit better mpgs (not that I really care), but it is FUN to drive in ways the Jeeps just aren't.

Jeep Gladiator Which second vehicles compliment the gladiator best? 20180527092048-1

JTsGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
My daily is a Volvo XC90. Big enough to fit me, the wife, 2 kids and a dog for trips to see the grandparents. I have a roof-top cargo pod for longer trips and more cargo if needed. It's got a 4-cyl that makes plenty of power and gets 20-25 MPG. Fantastic highway manners and a very refined ride.

My Gladiator ('22 Sport S Diesel) is all the things the XC90 ISN'T - Not as refined or quiet...but it's a heck of a lot fun and can still carry everything we need and do it with good mileage.

They compliment each other well despite serving similar purposes in different ways. My previous "2nd" car was a Porsche Cayman - which was a blast, but wasn't practical as my wife can't drive a manual transmission, and the kids couldn't ride in it. I sold it to buy the Gladiator and haven't regretted it for a minute.
Agree with the XC90. It's what my wife and I typically drive for longer trips or running errands. I wouldn't say it's fuel efficient like the OP said he's looking for but it's in line with large to mid-size SUVs. The cargo space is phenomenal in the XC90 with the third row down. It's also a decent bargain if you stick to the lesser-optioned Momentum package. The XC90 is in line with what Jeep is charging for the Overland trim of the new Grand Cherokee L.

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
4 dr honda civic or fancy it up with a accord. They just work. Still running my 2001 civy as my daily commuter/battle wagon. No major issues since bought new, and it has racked up 151k of short trips in the city back and forth from work to home.

Pretty comfortable to drive.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have gone back and forth of having a second "commuter" vehicle more than a few times. Unless you buy some clapped out high mileage at dirt cheap prices, any late model vehicle you get once you factor in initial buy in and cost of insurance, it will usually buy you quite a bit of gas in what you are currently driving.

If you drive a crap ton of miles and the math works out, get a hybrid something if MPG's are your thing.

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
The XC90 is a great vehicle. It’s what I traded for my Gladiator, and it broke my heart.

Unfortunately, it can’t tow much and you can’t track it (well… I did once, and it was fun, but still a little awkward) :/

Perfect compliment in my book, it’s a tow vehicle for the Gladiator and/or a small fun sports car.

Still working on the tow vehicle :)

Jeep Gladiator Which second vehicles compliment the gladiator best? 61015F26-9091-42D2-8D79-993A2A662244

Oh, and my husband still has a Volvo. So we’ve got responsible mini SUV still covered. He loves that thing.

Last edited:

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
Lol, I read the the first post and thought Volvo wagon. I bet nobody is gonna say Volvo. Then read the rest of the thread, and I will be the 5th person to recommend Volvo. If you are looking for something comfortable, fuel efficient, powerful etc etc etc, get a Volvo. Just a couple years ago, I bought a 2001 V70 Cross Country (the year before the XC70 became its own model. Hand down the most comfortable seats my ass cheeks have ever caressed, and I'm including house furniture. It was comfortable, quiet, reliable, and efficient. It was just a little too small for my growing boys and their hickey equipment, so I sold it and bought a F150, which I found too big to be honest. Now in a Gladiator diesel and feel I have found the perfect vehicle for me. But yeah, I vote Volvo.

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
4 dr honda civic or fancy it up with a accord. They just work. Still running my 2001 civy as my daily commuter/battle wagon. No major issues since bought new, and it has racked up 151k of short trips in the city back and forth from work to home.

Pretty comfortable to drive.
2005, 4dr, 1.7, 5 speed manual here. 265K. I'm the 2nd owner. Original engine, 2nd transmission. No engine issues so far. Leaking oil everywhere but that's OK. It doesn't consume oil. No drama with this thing

COmtnbiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ; 2022 Sport S JT
If you want to tow, and be comfortable - a Grand Cherokee can tow as well as most JT models, and gets much better mileage.

Sponsored

Ball_Ze

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR, 17 AR4C, 19 CT6-V
Occupation
engineer
I'd say what ever vehicle you like compliments the JT the most. I could list my vehicles, but I'm sure they're not the best fit for all. :)

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
My wife has a 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited. Great vehicle, quiet and comfortable! I also have a 2008 JK that I'll drive around town and to the more difficult trails. The JK is not comfortable AT ALL on the freeway for more than 30 minutes or so. The seats in my JT (Mojave) are VERY comfortable for me. I can drive all day long in it (and have many times).

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Excellent Thread. I drive a 2014 Veloster Turbo as my DD. While not a sports car, it is a "Sporty" car. Easily does 110 mph and when driven as a commuter at around 65 mph, gets 35-40 MPG's. Low & inexpensive maintenance, cheap to pick up 2nd hand, and has a large drivers door, unlike traditional sedans, so its easy to get in at 6' tall or taller. I've had mine for 5 years now and love it as a DD.

STLMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR, 20 JLU, 900whp C6
I had a 2019 Accord 2.0T Sport. Great Car! I miss it actually. Perfect amount amenities and some pep out of the turbo 4.