Sponsored

Who has Molle Panels in their Bed (Photos)

duvinclunk

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
JCR Molle panels with BuiltRight rails.

20200822_152222.jpg
For how the JCR front panel mounts behind the bed rail, and not having a full meal mounting surface, does this leave a small gap that you can see behind the bed rail in the front?
Sponsored

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
For how the JCR front panel mounts behind the bed rail, and not having a full meal mounting surface, does this leave a small gap that you can see behind the bed rail in the front?
Here are some pictures, it's pretty hard to get anything that really shows the gap now that the SmartCap is on and overhangs the rail but I would say there is about 1/16" gap between the rail and the bed, but with a black rail and black bedliner it would be really difficult to see even without the SmartCap there.

Jeep Gladiator Who has Molle Panels in their Bed (Photos) 20210602_145828

Jeep Gladiator Who has Molle Panels in their Bed (Photos) 20210602_145803

Jeep Gladiator Who has Molle Panels in their Bed (Photos) 20210602_150000

duvinclunk

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Here are some pictures, it's pretty hard to get anything that really shows the gap now that the SmartCap is on and overhangs the rail but I would say there is about 1/16" gap between the rail and the bed, but with a black rail and black bedliner it would be really difficult to see even without the SmartCap there.

Nice! I have a Smartcap too so that would be the case for me too. Do you feel the JCR panels have enough space between the panel and the side of the bed to allow you to mount accessories without removal of the panel? They seem to be closer than others I've seen.

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Nice! I have a Smartcap too so that would be the case for me too. Do you feel the JCR panels have enough space between the panel and the side of the bed to allow you to mount accessories without removal of the panel? They seem to be closer than others I've seen.
It's pretty tight.. there are a couple of tips that I've found that work pretty good like using some tape on a wrench to hold the nut in while you thread the bolt through whatever mount you are using or using some double sided tape on your finger to hold it back there while you get it started until you can get a wrench on it.

It's only 3 bolts to remove them from the mounting brackets so I usually just take them off to mount the quick fists or whatever I'm using then put them back up. Once you've done it a few times I find it easier to remove them than to monkey around with trying to fish a nut back behind the panel.

Long story short... it can be done but you'll need to gauge your own frustration level with it.

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5; 2021 Sarge Green JT Rubicon Diesel
It's a small thing, but I'm curious how the bed lights look through the various molle panels. I have noticed that some have a matching rectangular cutout for lights while others just have the molle squares everywhere.

Sponsored

duvinclunk

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
It's a small thing, but I'm curious how the bed lights look through the various molle panels. I have noticed that some have a matching rectangular cutout for lights while others just have the molle squares everywhere.
One of the reasons why I'm not doing sides at the moment. I'll later install LED strips under the bed rails to likely help so I can actually switch the lights on from the bed.

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I think the bed lights are pretty weak already, so the MOLLE panels didn’t degrade it much.

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The JCR panels have cutouts where the bed lights are, I tried to take a picture of the bed at night but it didn't really come out very well. Here are a couple pictures of the lights on with the molle panels installed if that's helpful.

Jeep Gladiator Who has Molle Panels in their Bed (Photos) 20210604_202226

Jeep Gladiator Who has Molle Panels in their Bed (Photos) 20210604_202233

The bed lights still light up the bed pretty well, maybe only 75% as much as without the molle panels but still plenty light to see in the dark, at least for me.

sheilajom

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
teacher
I have them, but only in the back. Only have a picture of them at night on me though.

tempImageWe1Jkz.png

OregonTrail

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Communications Tech
JCR Offroad - I just got these installed today...perfect fit, tight, solid. I have an assortment of fist clamps on the way.
Jeep Gladiator Who has Molle Panels in their Bed (Photos) 20210627_122134

20210627_122142.jpg

Sponsored

HannibalSmith

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Attorney
I’m in the market too. I’m a not an extreme user. Looking for cargo management for coolers, chairs etc. should I be looking at something else?

OregonTrail

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Tech

OregonTrail

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Tech
One thing I liked about the JCR vs. BuiltRight is that JCR made cutouts for the bed lights. The BR's do not have that cutout.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I've been trying to figure out which ones would work best for me. I really like the Rough Country front panel, and how it fits the contour of the wheel wells. I'm going to use it for traction boards, tow rope, hilift jack, air line, and maybe a shovel/ax. I just don't know how it'll work with the snaps on my Softopper. And of course the fact that they aren't made in the US is also a bummer...

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I’m in the market too. I’m a not an extreme user. Looking for cargo management for coolers, chairs etc. should I be looking at something else?
You would be better using the holes for the trail rail for some tie down points. This is what I'm getting ready to do. Just get some M6-1 x 25 flanged bolts. You may need washers depending on how big the hole is in the anchors.

Jeep Gladiator Who has Molle Panels in their Bed (Photos) 916B5BDB-E443-4D07-A5B0-E6268CA9501A
Sponsored