Who Purchased From Travis@TriCityJeep?

JTwantMe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Comanche Pioneer, 02Liberty Limited
I thought that changed to pay sales tax and ad valorem on new vehicle at the county tag office, I haven't purchased a new vehicle in since 2002!
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
How did you end up getting 7% below invoice? Did you special order through him or buy off the lot?
7% was for those that ordered early with him like before the first week of May 2019 when the assumption that Affiliated Pricing would be offered when order banks and initial ordering started. When Affiliated Pricing was not offered out the gate, he dropped the max offer down to 5% but honored those who placed an initial order the 7% initial offering.

In theory, I would think now that Affiliated Pricing is being offered now, that it could potentially bump up to 6% for new orders but that is speculation on my part and not anything I have heard officially from Travis. Off course all total percentages mentioned, include dealer financing for 1% of that total and would need to be subtracted if not financed with their preferred lenders.

STEELCITYDJ87

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTM White, 2021 JLR Black
How did you end up getting 7% below invoice? Did you special order through him or buy off the lot?
Ordered back in May when it was being offered on this forum...not sure if that is still the deal with ordering from Travis.

Pnkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
We picked up our Sting Gray JT last Friday. Travis and his team were great. There was some confusion on taxes paid to the State of Georgia. Once I pointed it out, Travis got it corrected and new numbers run. It was $1800 in my favor. So check things closely for your state. Overall a good transaction just took a little longer because of the tax issue.

20190830_155447.jpg
I also live in GA, and am buying from Travis. Haven’t taken delivery yet but hopefully in the next week or 2. He has been fantastic so far. Would you mind posting more specifics on the issue? I have researched and am pretty confident in what should happen on tax and title. Just curious as to where the wheel fell off to make sure I am prepared.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I also live in GA, and am buying from Travis. Haven’t taken delivery yet but hopefully in the next week or 2. He has been fantastic so far. Would you mind posting more specifics on the issue? I have researched and am pretty confident in what should happen on tax and title. Just curious as to where the wheel fell off to make sure I am prepared.
Mine should be in in the next week or so...maybe we’ll see each other!

As far as the taxes etc. is concerned ask him to provide you with a bill of sale showing the breakdown of the various taxes etc. that you’ll be paying ahead of time so you can go over it and confirm before you drive up there.
He did it for me.

Sponsored

RambaLambaDingDong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU on tons, 40s, Longarm, 14 Cummins Megacab
Occupation
Nuclear Engineer

As far as the taxes etc. is concerned ask him to provide you with a bill of sale showing the breakdown of the various taxes etc. that you’ll be paying ahead of time so you can go over it and confirm before you drive up there.
He did it for me.
It should just be 7% for ad valorem right? Unless you're trading in, then you get 7% of your trade in value to pay towards the tax owed on the new one's value. I haven't bought a new truck in Ga since this whole thing started.

Pnkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
It should just be 7% for ad valorem right? Unless you're trading in, then you get 7% of your trade in value to pay towards the tax owed on the new one's value. I haven't bought a new truck in Ga since this whole thing
It should just be 7% for ad valorem right? Unless you're trading in, then you get 7% of your trade in value to pay towards the tax owed on the new one's value. I haven't bought a new truck in Ga since this whole thing started.

Pnkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Correct. That’s why I was curious on the details of the mix up. It should be pretty straight forward. The only thing I could think of is that they didn’t deduct the trade value, especially given the size of the error. Was just trying to double check there wasn’t something I was missing.

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
Sorry for the confusion. This was on a lease. Georgia changed the tax rules which impacted my deal.

CbtEngr8591

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubi

He did it for me.
@smlobx could you please let me know how your deal addresses VA state inspection. I'm most likely going this route once gator comes out...thanks

Sponsored

techteacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT '20 White Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
@smlobx could you please let me know how your deal addresses VA state inspection. I'm most likely going this route once gator comes out...thanks
You get the State Inspection on your own. I'm still waiting on DMV stuff, but I understand Travis files everything with Virginia.

I am still waiting for them to pay off my trade in...been three weeks. Had to pay that payment this month (I know I will get back, but still never had a trade pay off take that long). YMMV

Update: Trade payment posted 9/9 from 8/17 purchase.

Last edited:

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I have not thought about the state inspection but was under the impression that no car dealer could sell you a vehicle that doesn’t have a state inspection on it.
I hope to find out in a week or so..

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I got mine from Tri-City back on June 25. I picked it up with the Mopar lift and 37s on it with 12 miles. It now was 5400 miles on it. Even though Travis did all of the work he will hand you off to a salesperson to do all of the orientation stuff. The only thing I would add is that even though they did an alignment after the lift was installed they DID NOT re-center the steering wheel and that drove the safety system banannas the whole 500 mile trip home. I got home at 3:00 that night and I was sitting in the local Firestone store parking lot when they opened and purchased my lifetime alignment deal. My mom retired from Bridgestone so I get a good deal on service there and they always do a good job. At about 4400 miles I started getting some noise from the undercarriage and had my local dealership check it and the suspension components had to be re-torqued and the noise is gone. They tried to charge me for it but, even two months after the sale, Travis checked with his service manager and let me know that since it was installed by them and before delivery it is covered as original OEM equipment. And finally I will add that I recently got a check from Sri-City for $26 because they had overcharged me for my registration fees. All in all I do not regret my decision to buy from Travis and if I cannot get a local dealer to match his deal I would buy from him again.

techteacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT '20 White Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have not thought about the state inspection but was under the impression that no car dealer could sell you a vehicle that doesn’t have a state inspection on it.
I hope to find out in a week or so..
I had a NC inspection sheet in the glove box. Just need to get reinspected for VA - minor inconvenience for the savings he offers.

Pnkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Just picked mine up on Saturday. Travis and team were amazing through the whole process. Very responsive when I had a question or needed help (thanks for storing the car seats I had shipped!). On top of amazing service, the price was way better than anything I could get in GA. Arielle spent a ton of time going over the vehicle with me and making sure I knew where everything was and how it worked. They even picked me up from the Greensboro airport. Couldn’t be happier with the entire process and highly recommend them.

1E98810E-BC99-473D-B5E6-80F4D744EF49.jpeg

D90B808F-726F-4515-A4C0-58F6B5FD121F.jpeg
Sponsored