Who Purchased From Travis@TriCityJeep?

sbetts

First Name
SB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray Rubicon
Just talked to a dealer in Raleigh closer to where I live. Asked her if they would be willing to do the 5% under invoice. Lady on the phone told me that Try City isn't actually doing that deal and what that they are really is doing MSRP+ an "addendum" and then taking 5% off of that. Said several folks have come from try city to their dealership to buy instead because of this.. lol I am guessing that is total BS but has anyone experienced that? I know I should just order one with Travis but I was hoping dealers closer would be willing to play ball on stuff on the lots.
My local dealership also told me the pricing I got from TC was not "possible". They were wrong. Post after post on this forum show that MANY people have had exceptional experiences with Travis and TC. The bottom line between my price with TC and my local dealership was nearly TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS. Travis was 4% below invoice plus 1% off for affiliate pricing and 1% if financed through their people. Local was MSRP plus a $2k ADM. Do your homework with a few dealerships, you will quickly see where the deals are (and aren't)! Good luck!
Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Just talked to a dealer in Raleigh closer to where I live. Asked her if they would be willing to do the 5% under invoice. Lady on the phone told me that Try City isn't actually doing that deal and what that they are really is doing MSRP+ an "addendum" and then taking 5% off of that. Said several folks have come from try city to their dealership to buy instead because of this.. lol I am guessing that is total BS but has anyone experienced that? I know I should just order one with Travis but I was hoping dealers closer would be willing to play ball on stuff on the lots.
You live in NC and aren't willing to make the drive to Eden, NC to have a hassle free experience and save a considerable amount of time and money? People are driving from several states away to do this. It is a no brainer. There is nothing fishy about what he's doing.

chadiator

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
You live in NC and aren't willing to make the drive to Eden, NC to have a hassle free experience and save a considerable amount of time and money?
Not sure how you got that interpretation.. I just said above I emailed Travis and will likely order with him. I reached out to a local dealer to see if they wanted to do a similar deal on something they had on the lot.

RambaLambaDingDong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU on tons, 40s, Longarm, 14 Cummins Megacab
Occupation
Nuclear Engineer
Not sure how you got that interpretation.. I just said above I emailed Travis and will likely order with him. I reached out to a local dealer to see if they wanted to do a similar deal on something they had on the lot.
Travis will email you your exact dollar amount before you ever commit to ordering. No gimmicks.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I wasn't analyzing or interpreting. It seemed you were hesitant on dealing with Travis as the other dealers had you wondering if Travis and his deal was legitimate. I merely drew inference and was just trying to reassure you that there is no game playing with Travis. Good luck with whatever you do.

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
I don’t know anything about their pricing on in-stock vehicles, but my order on August 10 was as straightforward as it gets. Invoice price minus 4%, minus another 1% if using their loan service. Dealer fee, tax and tags additional. After Gladiators were added to the Affiliate listing, Travis emailed that they are honoring Tread Lightly 1% on my order too. I checked the numbers against the forum worksheets and everything matched.
Do you remember what the dealer fee was?

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

Redwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Overland, 21 Dodge Durango RT/TNG
Do you remember what the dealer fee was?
My dealer/document fee is $499. My order was placed August 10th so maybe the fee went up since the others ordered theirs. Picking it up Thursday!

Sponsored

ironorr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Brewer
The dealer fee what they call the document fee is $349.00
They raised that to $499 now. If you have paperwork documenting the old $349 they will probably honor it. They did with mine, but luckily we caught it when we were checking over the paperwork.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
They raised that to $499 now. If you have paperwork documenting the old $349 they will probably honor it. They did with mine, but luckily we caught it when we were checking over the paperwork.
Thanks for the heads up.
I just found that my truck is in and I’m waiting to arrange a time to go down and pick it up.

chadiator

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I wasn't analyzing or interpreting. It seemed you were hesitant on dealing with Travis as the other dealers had you wondering if Travis and his deal was legitimate. I merely drew inference and was just trying to reassure you that there is no game playing with Travis. Good luck with whatever you do.
No worries man, appreciate it! Yeah I just sort of wanted to test the waters on something on the lot for fun and thought I would share the "info" the dealer provided me with. Travis got back to me Monday so now me and the Wife just have to figure what color to go with and nail down options.