Sponsored

Why don't they make a Gladiator that looks like this....

zuke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 JKU, 2006 TJ, 2021 Bronco BL
I’d prefer the 70s look tbh. I wouldn’t really want to drive something with a photorealistic image of anything on it.
I Get that, And my own preference is for a period correct design on my vehicles, I've had a number of IH Scout II's (Including a white 76 I never got around to putting Spirit of 76 Decals on :) ) And always preferred the factory treatments on them, But I've never been a fan of "Tribute" Decals on modern vehicles, I much prefer modern designs on them.
Sponsored

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I Get that, And my own preference is for a period correct design on my vehicles, I've had a number of IH Scout II's (Including a white 76 I never got around to putting Spirit of 76 Decals on :) ) And always preferred the factory treatments on them, But I've never been a fan of "Tribute" Decals on modern vehicles, I much prefer modern designs on them.
Don’t get me wrong. I don’t like the decals either. I’d just prefer them to what looks like a photo painted on my vehicle, it reminds me of a T-shirt with a cheap print on it when I see them. My real preferred look for vehicles is just solid colors, a think a good two tone design looks great. Some may say that’s plain, I call it clean.

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
The same reason they don’t make one that looks like this...

Jeep Gladiator Why don't they make a Gladiator that looks like this.... ABEC4C34-68F4-48F5-9D03-9E5228AFBA84
Would this one be all that bad with functionally sized (and not ugly) wheels/tires? I normally hate chrome, but I kinda like how it looks on that green.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Would this one be all that bad with functionally sized (and not ugly) wheels/tires? I normally hate chrome, but I kinda like how it looks on that green.
Yes, it would still be an abortion of a vehicle...Just from the paint job and chrome alone. You add the wheels and rubber band tires, and it's even worse.

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Simple answer, because it’s fugly.

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS! Get my drift!

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
Yes

Sponsored

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
I forgot about him. Funny stuff! Didn't hear he'd passed.

But on a separate note, I think that's more Evel Knievel than Super Dave.
Oh yeah! Too bad Evel didn't do a stunt with Jeeps. That would have been rad.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Actually I had one of those "Super Jeeps" as they called them way back then. It was a popular model to own around the Bicentennial even though they made them in 1973 and the option was only available on a CJ5. Here is the kicker, these are considered very rare collectors items now and bring big bucks.

I did see a Gladiator made up just like this one last fall at the KMC Wheels Jeep Bash in Huntington Beach, CA. Looked for my pictures of the event but can't find them. It did look good though, perfect for the Patriotic look

Not unusual for someone to get retro with the Gladiator, I've seen Honcho, Golden Eagle, Renegade, Super Jeep and Scrambler
Jeep Gladiator Why don't they make a Gladiator that looks like this.... 482432
Jeep Gladiator Why don't they make a Gladiator that looks like this.... jeep-jt-scrambler-concept-1-2
Jeep Gladiator Why don't they make a Gladiator that looks like this.... Super Jee

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I found the picture of the "Super Jeep" Gladiator from Huntington Beach Jeep Bash last summer :)
Jeep Gladiator Why don't they make a Gladiator that looks like this.... DSC00951

And the company that makes the Gladiator front end conversion kit from AZ, Innovative Auto Creations.

Jeep Gladiator Why don't they make a Gladiator that looks like this.... DSC00922.JPG

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
Jeep Gladiator Why don't they make a Gladiator that looks like this.... 1589274405429

Looks like the buggy from Fantasy Island..........
Jeep Gladiator Why don't they make a Gladiator that looks like this.... 1589274816913

Da PLANE, Da PLANE!
Sponsored