First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R and 2017 Chevrolet Bolt
Occupation
Business Owner
I'd want it on a totally distinct circuit. No messing with other systems, and I'd have ONLY those bed lights on when I wanted them on. Sorry, doesn't make sense to me to tie them to anything else and then reconfigure truck lighting when I could have them by themselves.
Makes perfect sense when you hate the look of a non-OEM switch and have used all your other aux switches on lighting, lockers and a compressor. They are bedights. Makes sense they can live on the bed light circuit.

To each their own of course and I am not criticizing, but I want less switches and no more holes in my dash even if it means a tiny bit less control. My rock lights, bed lights and rear rack lights are for camping or maybe off-roading anyways so I only care that I can use them from outside the truck if need be.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Couldn't you just put the aftermarket bed lights on the bed light circuit? It's 30amps isn't it. I know the bed lamps don't stay on if the vehicle is off but the Tazer can help with that a bunch of other light combinations. Otherwise, if the truck is on the lights stay? I only ask as I'm putting in bed lights and also rock lights and I'm going to use the bed lamp circuit since I have the tazer and can override the lights off truck off issue.
Or use the aux switches.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
THAT IS THE DRIVERS EMERGENCY EJECTION RELEASE!!! Do not attempt to use this feature unless your top is open or removed! serious injury or death may occur.
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/b0av3Y9XH022Fub2oj" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Makes perfect sense when you hate the look of a non-OEM switch and have used all your other aux switches on lighting, lockers and a compressor. They are bedights. Makes sense they can live on the bed light circuit.

To each their own of course and I am not criticizing, but I want less switches and no more holes in my dash even if it means a tiny bit less control. My rock lights, bed lights and rear rack lights are for camping or maybe off-roading anyways so I only care that I can use them from outside the truck if need be.
But he was asking what a button was - not how to install bed lights.
Everyone is a shill for Tazer - need bed lights? This is how to install them, and oh, by the way, you need to spend 200-300 bucks to control them how I suggest.

What's this button on the dash to the left of the steering wheel?
You need to install bed lights and buy a tazer.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
.....or an anti-theft kill switch.
That sounds like the type of anti-theft device/switch the engineers I used to work with might use - laptop computer locked with password - Post-It note on screen with current password.
Anti-theft switch, right in plain sight.

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon Launch Edition Granite Crystal
Occupation
Self employed
Hello everybody,

I got my Gladiator for a couple of months now and today i saw this button under my steering wheel,
When i turn it on while driving the orange light on the button turn on but that's it. i don't see any changes on my dash, screen, etc.

Anyone know what this button does ?

Kind regards

tempImageFgjT1c.png

tempImageiOGoBM.png
it's your rear fog light. switch it on an go check under the tailgate and magic its red :)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
it's your rear fog light. switch it on an go check under the tailgate and magic its red :)
Not if he's in the states - no rear fogs here from the factory.

Sponsored

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self employed
But he was asking what a button was - not how to install bed lights.
Everyone is a shill for Tazer - need bed lights? This is how to install them, and oh, by the way, you need to spend 200-300 bucks to control them how I suggest.

What's this button on the dash to the left of the steering wheel?
You need to install bed lights and buy a tazer.
it's a switch for rear fog lights (mandatory in Belgium ) and this switch is the perfect example of how greedy importers makes even more money on your back here... its coupled with a AliExpress cheap light for fog light and reverse light. something you can find for 5$ max . when you know that they sell the JT Rubicon for 85K and the 392 for 145K ... its a joke isnt?

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self employed
Not if he's in the states - no rear fogs here from the factory.
its why non official importers install this shit here in belgium. i have the same ugly switch and im pissed because i think they could do something better

snowbear

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Honda CRV
Occupation
GIS Analyst
It's a self-destruct button. Hold it "on" for 15 seconds and the truck turns into a Pinto.

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Read this entire thread at lunch waiting patiently for the big reveal and……….

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self employed
Read this entire thread at lunch waiting patiently for the big reveal and……….
and flop sadely nope its not a eject seat switch or a adding 2 cylinder option :)
Sponsored