First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘71 J2000 Gladiator, ‘95 YJ, ‘20 Gladiator Sport S, ‘80 Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Project Manager
I was daily driving a ‘48 Willys Jeep Truck when I met my wife. First date was to a car show in my buddies ‘65 GTO. I made it clear what she was getting into. 10 or so Jeeps later, her daily is a ‘18 Punkin Orange JLU Sahara and mines a Hydro Blue JT. Hell, even my daughters drive Jeeps, by their choice, of course.
Jeep Gladiator Wife hates gladiator A6166256-1283-4DEF-91C9-65A6CAD70827
Sponsored

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Met my gf while we were sking. I have since gotten her into mountain biking, gravel riding and camping. She hated my Focus ST, called it a little zipper car, and it didn't have enough room when we were heading out on an adventure. I had been eyeing the JT for a while and had planned to pick one up in Feb. Covid hit, and I put the purchase on the back burner. I finally got my finances straight and told her we were going to test drive one. On the way there she kept telling me not to get my hopes up, don't sign anything today, you're not buying it today, I still had to sell the Focus.

We were less than a mile from the dealership on the test drive, she looked at me and said "You have to buy this". She was supposed to be my voice of reason, and she failed. I picked it up a month later. Now she is saying that I may get up some mornings and the JT will be gone because she took it to work, and I would be stuck with her Chevy Blazer. Lucky for me she works for the State and they have been working from home with no real plans of going back to the office anytime soon.

She also wants a Wrangler now.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
She also wants a Wrangler now.
Now dealing with the same scenario. As soon as she gets to a point where we can get her out of her Venza she wants a Wrangler. Unfortunately she is pretty far upside down due to bad deals “prior to meeting me.”

Cpt Adama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler XL
Don't let your wife make decisions about what you want. I'm sure there is plenty of things she monopolizes making decisions about. If your the bread winner that's your choice. Sure you will always take into account her opinions, but your the man, you lead. Buy the Gladiator.

Bellalou101

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Admin Asst
My wife didn’t like my jlur too much but loved the jtr only thing is she says are you going to lift it and put big tires on it. I say only 2 inches
to the op is she buying it. Or are you. ?Get what you want. ?
My husband bought me a gladiator with a 2” lift, 20” wheels and 35” tires.... I’m only 5’1..... I need a stepladder

Sponsored

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
MAYBE.... she's absolutely jealous that you will have one and she wont?

Just get "his and hers" problem solved!

Jeep Gladiator Wife hates gladiator A6166256-1283-4DEF-91C9-65A6CAD70827
exactly what we did, good to see another double JT family out there

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
OP I'm also a huge car-guy and my JT is my first Jeep and truck.

I'm a little confused, I see you have "GMC AT4, 4Runner, and Crosstrek" in your profile. When you say AT4, is this a Sierra AT4 or a Yukon AT4? In other words, if you rid of the 4Runner, what will she drive?

As for the "looks" of the JT; I also had reservations at first. But then I saw a Punk'n JT with nice wheels/tires in Newport Beach and I was hooked. Hopefully KDR83 doesn't mind me using his picture, but with a proper lift and wheel/tire combo, the Gladiator looks unreal:

20200705_113217-jpg.jpg

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
My husband bought me a gladiator with a 2” lift, 20” wheels and 35” tires.... I’m only 5’1..... I need a stepladder
There are more than a few women in my MSF classes riding what their significant other really wants to be seen on.

Sponsored

GeneLV

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Lol! Hates the way it looks....
I've had people come up to me talking about how they hated the looks until they saw mine. Show her some that are built from the forum, maybe she'll change her mind.

deuce

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Marine Engineer
I guess I'm a lucky guy. My wife bought herself a Gladiator and once in a while she lets me drive it. :clap:

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)