Sponsored

Wife hates gladiator

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Sounds real familiar

Mine ended up being really crazy. Cop had to supervise her when she was getting her stuff. I hope nobody has to go down that path.

OldFloridaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I guess I got lucky with the wife. Had a Wrangler while we were living in Germany, but since the government would only ship one vehicle home for us, we had to choose between my Jeep or the wife's Focus. Since the Focus was paid off, and we could sell the Jeep for practically what we paid for it, the choice was pretty clear. The day I handed over the keys to my Jeep was a beautiful spring day, and I was sad on the drive home that I couldn't drop the top. My wife looked at me, and told me that I should go back over to the military sales and buy a NEW Jeep and just have it delivered to us in the States. Turned the car around, went to the sales office, and bought another Jeep that same day.

She actually convinced me to buy the Gladiator as well. But I think this was more due to getting tired of me weighing my decision whether to get one or not...

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Contrary to what people believe about my wife from an early farcical thread, she is well trained and a true partner. When I mentioned I was thinking about getting a Gladiator, she laughed and asked why I was telling her given she knew I would buy what ever I wanted. She then asked to see a picture, said it was a cool truck and then requested I not get an ugly color. When I drove it home, she said I made a great color choice (GCM). When it disappeared for a couple weeks, she asked where it went and when I told her it was in NC getting a hemi, she nodded in approval and muttered, “more power is never a bad thing.”

She is outstanding, but of course it took me a few tries to get a good one!

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
https://www.rubitrux.com/

Jesse was awesome to work with. They sent a flat bed to pick it up and I flew up and drove it back to Atlanta. My face hurt for a week after that trip from all the grinning!

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Well it’s like I told my son who has been married a few years there has to be an asshole in every family so be the asshole in your family and buy the gladiator and enjoy it

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
Wife hated how they looked but I had a JKU and she liked how it looked and drove. She always had in her head that there was a minimum of 5k worth of mods that needed to happen immediately starting with the tires and a lift, so if i could find the right deal, she passively said ok. She was not impressed until after a month she finally got to drive it. I didn't have a cheap lift on my JKU but it was positively spartan and unrefined compared to my overland JT. She has come around.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Good ones...

I, ____, take you, ____, to be my (husband/wife). I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life, until death do us part.

(current version, per 4 U.S.C. §4)[4]
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
My wife wanted me to have a truck to tow the boat. After riding in a Gladiator she knew I was hooked, but we had to test the Tacoma and Colorado. The Tacoma was her close second and the Colorado was an "old man's truck."
She loves driving the Gladiator and even enjoyed the adventures in the woods. She got the tires wet for the first time in mud and was smiling after exiting the puddle.

DJI_0021_2_3_4_5_easyHDR-selective-color-blue.jpg

IMG_20200816_122006.jpg

IMG_20200816_122017.jpg

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
My wife wanted me to have a truck to tow the boat. After riding in a Gladiator she knew I was hooked, but we had to test the Tacoma and Colorado. The Tacoma was her close second and the Colorado was an "old man's truck."
She loves driving the Gladiator and even enjoyed the adventures in the woods. She got the tires wet for the first time in mud and was smiling after exiting the puddle.

Jeep Gladiator Wife hates gladiator IMG_20200816_122017

Looks great in blue.

The truck does, too.

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
My wife and I took the JL to the dealer to get a new tire, we had a nail in the side wall. We try to say hello to our sales guy when we go in for service. He said they just got in several Mojaves and asked if we wanted to take a test drive while we waited. I sad "no" but my wife said "yes"! When we got back from the test drive, she said let's get it. So she drives the JL now and I drive the JT. We are both happy campers!

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
After 43 years, me and the misses have an understanding. As we are both retired LOE's we have to investigate the motive behind each other's wants, and over the total term of our marriage, I have wanted a Jeep, and when I saw the Gladiator, I was hooked. She investigated my motives for wanting one and found it included taking her with me to the desert and other such places... and I was in. Below is evidence of my plan and plot to obtain what I wanted, while getting her to want it too.

Gladiator in Driveway.jpg

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My wife likes the Gladiator. She enjoys driving manual.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
When I met the wife Back 34 years ago i had a 83 Renegade CJ-7 it's all she knew from the start lol. i witnessed the Jeep evolution over the years from CJ to YJ,TJ & JK to JT also Cherokee sport & a 91 Grand wagoneer. my wife loves them just as much .

#11 Comp.jpg
Sponsored