First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
1BA483BE-0340-4869-8C9E-B32C5CA42F38.jpeg
awesome. thanks. it probably won't fit with the dual battery kit... but I'm sure I could find another spot for it. I do think it's a great idea to get it under the hood, away from that front vulnerable area. It also makes it look way more sleek. I wonder if you could even get some kind of cover to make the winch completely disappear.
Amazon...$12.00!
Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
1BA483BE-0340-4869-8C9E-B32C5CA42F38.jpeg

Amazon...$12.00!
Oh right. Soft cover! lol I was thinking like the cover that's there when there is no winch. Clearly that cover wouldn't work because some things have to poke out. but yea, this works too.

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / GCM - 2016 KIA Optima
I only paid $289 for my Badland 12k; swapped out the steel rope with Nylon; added Factor55 closed system, including a winch plate, still under $650. I also moved the electronics under the hood and with its wireless remote it makes for a super clean, low profile, installation.
IMG_0913.jpeg
So excuse my ignorance (and I did do a little looking) but what bumper is that.

Sponsored

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
A winch is a off road accessory but depending on your trails it may be used once a year, but when you need it you need the winch. The winch may save you thousands in self or partner recovery, but could cost thousands if used wrong. just learn proper use and be safe.

IMG_20190815_142913.jpg

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
awesome. thanks. it probably won't fit with the dual battery kit... but I'm sure I could find another spot for it. I do think it's a great idea to get it under the hood, away from that front vulnerable area. It also makes it look way more sleek. I wonder if you could even get some kind of cover to make the winch completely disappear.

Maybe mount it behind the front skid plate where the sway bar disconnect is.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe mount it behind the front skid plate where the sway bar disconnect is.
I looked all over for a good alternative external mounting point too. My biggest concern was water seepage, especially after taking the control box apart. The good news is the relay block isn't that large considering the size of the control box.

If someone were handy enough, weather proofing the control box and mounting it to the skid plate, would be a good idea. Taking the relay out of the control box, weatherizing the relay and mounting it to the inside frame rail would be a good idea too.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I just had the 12,000 lb Warn put on today. I will post pics. It is not the Zeon though...it's the one below that. This was 1300 installed with all hardware and labor. The zeon was going to be close to 2k. It had some chrome and better feeder plate but not worth the difference in my eyes.
Warn has a new VR EVO series coming out that nicely splits the difference between the current VR and the Zeon. It expect it will be a huge seller for them. $849 for the 12,000 with synthetic rope. Drops late September.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/warn/vr-evo-series-winch

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cheap-O winch saves the day. Out of all the folks that were traversing Imogene pass this weekend, we saw one other Gladiator. Luckily for this Raptor I also happened to be the only rig with a winch too!

IMG_1648.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 10.48.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 10.48.00 AM.png
IMG_1646.jpeg
Unfortunately, the driver of the Raptor was hellbent on rolling his truck off the trail.

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Shout out to the Scrambler in front of us as we drove on by...
IMG_5363.jpeg

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, are you saying he drove off, you winched him, and then he drove off AGAIN further on? :surprised:
Yep, I watched it happen! He was drunk but I didn't know that when I winched the truck out the first time because I was talking with his son, who I believed to be the driver.

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
I believe that having a winch there did save a large row truck bill, to bad you could not Bill for the second recovery, at least you were equipped to have straps, clivices. I did not see a snatch block, but a good recovery it helps to be well equipped on the trail.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that having a winch there did save a large row truck bill, to bad you could not Bill for the second recovery, at least you were equipped to have straps, clivices. I did not see a snatch block, but a good recovery it helps to be well equipped on the trail.
Did use my snatch block and made a trip to Harbor Freight the next day to pick up two more D-ring shackles and another tow strap. Can't have enough gear, especially when ya need it.
Sponsored