Sponsored

WOW - What an IMPACT !

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
M18 mid torque is enough to handle every nut and bolt on my vehicles.
Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
DeWalt 20v XR everything for me. I even use them in my weed eater and leaf blower. I have 8 batteries and 3 chargers and never have any down time. The 3/8ā€ ratchet works well on most applications and the 3/8ā€ impact breaks lug nuts loose with ease. Hand tools are all SnapOn and Matco.

OP
OP
SargeDiesel

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
The fun begins around the 9 min markā€¦

WOW.... very interesting. The 3/8 just doesn't have the initial torque of the 1/2... but I was even surprised the 1/2 @ could accomplish 500ft-lbs... I wonder what battery Home-D used to rate it @ 250 ? I always thought the AH of the battery was only about the life/length of use... didn't realize it played such an importance in actual power... I ended up getting the High Torque 1/2" and the comb 3/8 & 1/2" ratchet set. The 1/2 comes with 2 - 4ah batteries. Might be time to wait for a good deal on the 6ah batteries... I will eventually pick up the mid power as well... hell it I can't get it done between 4 different cordless impacts/ratchets... I don't need to be doing it... ha ha

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
WOW.... very interesting. The 3/8 just doesn't have the initial torque of the 1/2... but I was even surprised the 1/2 @ could accomplish 500ft-lbs... I wonder what battery Home-D used to rate it @ 250 ? I always thought the AH of the battery was only about the life/length of use... didn't realize it played such an importance in actual power... I ended up getting the High Torque 1/2" and the comb 3/8 & 1/2" ratchet set. The 1/2 comes with 2 - 4ah batteries. Might be time to wait for a good deal on the 6ah batteries... I will eventually pick up the mid power as well... hell it I can't get it done between 4 different cordless impacts/ratchets... I don't need to be doing it... ha ha
hahahaha!!

The weird part is that I can seem to find these results replicated anywhere. As much as the subcompact would be nice to get into cramped parts, thats why Iā€™m hesitant to get it.

And amp-hour makes a huge difference. The more ah, the more run time you have but also the drop off in power loss is minimized.

Iā€™d try to explain it but itā€™d become evident very quickly that a monkey banging a football would have more knowledge about volts and amps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SargeDiesel

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
hahahaha!!

The weird part is that I can seem to find these results replicated anywhere. As much as the subcompact would be nice to get into cramped parts, thats why Iā€™m hesitant to get it.

And amp-hour makes a huge difference. The more ah, the more run time you have but also the drop off in power loss is minimized.

Iā€™d try to explain it but itā€™d become evident very quickly that a monkey banging a football would have more knowledge about volts and amps.
To me the fact that it actually does the advertised 250 and exceeds it, is remarkable to me. I would imagine it would handle damn near most things you would need to do... I think it would be a great on board tool to keep under the seat.

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
To me the fact that it actually does the advertised 250 and exceeds it, is remarkable to me. I would imagine it would handle damn near most things you would need to do... I think it would be a great on board tool to keep under the seat.
I was at Home Depot for unrelated items and I make it a habit of checking their clearance end caps.

Lo and behold a high torque, 6 mode impact wrench for $103!! I couldnā€™t pass it up!! I bought it and figured Iā€™d research later why itā€™s so cheap! šŸ˜‚

Turns out itā€™s the older model with the light on the base vs the 3 lights on the face.

If Iā€™m using this at night, I done messed up!

FreedomWV

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Freedom Edition High Velocity
Occupation
Business
I have the Ryobi 18v one, it works well and have never had an issue with it. I have tons of Ryobi stuff and batteries.

Solar Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave,
Occupation
Solar inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Ok... I know there are some "Tim the tool man" or "heidi" types on this forum.

So I need some help/advice/recommendations.

I'm looking to purchase a RECHARGEABLE BATTERY powered Impact Driver or Wrench. The primary usage would be to wrench on the Jeep and other vehicles.

I have a corded and two air powered drivers now. So do I really need a rechargeable ? I think so. It's nice to break away from an extention cord or air hose.... so yeah a nice battery powered inpact might just be the ticket.

What are you guys/gals using ?
Do you feel it's powerful enough for some of the torque specs of the JT ?
18v , 20v or higher ?
3/8 or 1/2 ?
Do I really need to spend $300 ?

I'm sure there are more questions to ask... but you get the idea, so
I would really like to hear your answers, input, experience and get some recommendations.

Pictures are a plus.

TIA

What I currently own.

12v power cord
20230519_124713.jpg

Air Compressor Powered
20230519_124524.jpg
20230519_124540.jpg
Just get Milwaukee tools. Iā€™ve been working with those types of tools for 40+ years, and you canā€™t beat Milwaukee

OP
OP
SargeDiesel

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Just following up on thisā€¦

Any updates on the subcompacts? Would you buy again?
I've only used them a little, no heavy use yet. But I also have the regular size 1/2" hi-impact and 3/8" mid-impact... along with the 3/8 and 1/2" wrenches... so far no problems and they have plenty of power. Cant beat the LSA(Lifetime Service Agreement). Hope this helps.
Sponsored