First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
Those bolts worry me as well and are an obvious sign of tampering. Those are most certainly not stock/oem

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
One option no one has mentioned yet -
Someone swapped with you - now hang on - that's not all.......... don't go looking for one with your color on it.
They had a problem with theirs, they found a replacement that was the wrong color, they put that one on your truck and used yours on their truck.
If that were to happen, you'd never see a gray one on the road with a black piece.
Say they had a black truck, could only find a gray replacement, came across your truck and swapped.

Not saying that's what happened - but it's one way to explain it out of a least 2 or 3 ways to explain it, maybe more.
Iā€™m with @ShadowsPapa on thisā€¦ chances are if they damaged the cowl they also damaged the hood - so that will be the next part you notice doesnā€™t look right.
iā€™d pull that cowl off and see if it has a mopar part number on it.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
November in Ontario and it's plenty warm enough to wash the (black) truck by hand in short sleeves. So I did. And I noticed this. I've owned the (black) truck for 19 months from new. I've never done any work with the cowl on that side of the truck. So the question is: do I have someone else's cowl?

Jeep Gladiator Wrong Cowl? i-m-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-was-aliens
Holy Cowl-ee Batman

Sponsored

gladtohave

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Online sales
That stories insane . You have got to have a buddy , wife , brother etc with a sense of humor . If this is a new 'jeep thing" leave me out of it .........unless someone with a cool bumper/winch combo wants to swap for my plastic bumper........... then I'm in .

Last edited:

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
That stories insane . You have got to have a buddy , wife , brother etc with a sense of humor . If this is a new 'jeep thing" leave me out of it .........unless someone with a cool bumper/winch combo wants to swap for my plastic bumper........... then I'm in .
Just show up at home with it.

Honey you wonā€™t believe it, but I came out of Costco with those flowers you like and there was a new bumper and winch on the JT. Anyways, here are your flowers.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Troll post. Only thing that makes sense.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Just to see how other people react?
That is kind of what trolls do. For the record, I call it a troll post with a high brow. I really do not know for a fact.

Just makes no sense it would leave the factory that way missed and through delivery and it makes no sense someone would go to the trouble to steal it and replace with another color. If an actual real theft, they would have just left the hole and taken the cowl piece.

Sponsored

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
From the OP:
"As I said earlier, I've got a picture from 3 weeks ago that I'm pretty sure shows the piece as black, but it's from an almost straight on angle, so it's hard to tell. The stubby I put on like 18 months ago. I do handwash it when I wash it, but I've been a little lax this fall. And honestly I don't look at that side of the vehicle very often. It's just such a WTF thing".

I'm with @Hootbro on this. Trolling.

How out of touch with your rig do you need to be to not notice this? Come on.

OP
OP

MattHamilton

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Support Analyst
From the OP:
"As I said earlier, I've got a picture from 3 weeks ago that I'm pretty sure shows the piece as black, but it's from an almost straight on angle, so it's hard to tell. The stubby I put on like 18 months ago. I do handwash it when I wash it, but I've been a little lax this fall. And honestly I don't look at that side of the vehicle very often. It's just such a WTF thing".

I'm with @Hootbro on this. Trolling.

How out of touch with your rig do you need to be to not notice this? Come on.
Honestly I'm not trolling. It's on the passenger side, I spend my time on the driver side. I don't off road, so I'm not airing down/airing up; I rarely see that side of my truck. Sounds strange, but it's true. For what it's worth, I've looked at it a few times since I posted; in the shade, the cowl is black; in the sun it's grey. I had the vehicle ceramic coated with a product called 9H a year ago - but I'm not sure that makes a difference to this. I'm going to take it back to that shop and see if he can tell me if the ceramic coat is still on the piece. I only posted here because it's such a strange thing to notice. And hoping maybe someone else in a black truck could tell me if it has happened to them.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Honestly I'm not trolling. It's on the passenger side, I spend my time on the driver side. I don't off road, so I'm not airing down/airing up; I rarely see that side of my truck. Sounds strange, but it's true. For what it's worth, I've looked at it a few times since I posted; in the shade, the cowl is black; in the sun it's grey. I had the vehicle ceramic coated with a product called 9H a year ago - but I'm not sure that makes a difference to this. I'm going to take it back to that shop and see if he can tell me if the ceramic coat is still on the piece. I only posted here because it's such a strange thing to notice. And hoping maybe someone else in a black truck could tell me if it has happened to them.
Could be the coating ruined the cowl piece.

VolInGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Gladiator Overland
Could be the coating ruined the cowl piece.
Wouldnā€™t explain the silver bolts, unless certain models have those. All I can recall seeing are black. Iā€™m still thinking someone damaged one on a black vehicle, ordered an unpainted replacement and saw an opportunity and swapped with yours.
Sponsored