Sponsored

Zero $ mod - Flip that rear view mirror upside down

Sky Soldier

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon current, sold: 2017 JKU Rubicon Recon, 2007 JKU Sahara, 1995 2dr Sport, 1979 CJ7 AMC 304
Occupation
Retired
Yes, they are a real bird, but you must have never heard of the folklore stories in the SouthEast about taking someone "snipe hunting"... It's a pretty funny practical joke to play on someone.
Watch ‘Spin & Marty‘ episodes on the Disney Channel that cover ‘snipe’ hunting in depth.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Watch ‘Spin & Marty‘ episodes on the Disney Channel that cover ‘snipe’ hunting in depth.
Never heard of that, and refuse to watch anything Disney, as they're a disturbing company.

Sky Soldier

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon current, sold: 2017 JKU Rubicon Recon, 2007 JKU Sahara, 1995 2dr Sport, 1979 CJ7 AMC 304
Occupation
Retired

Sky Soldier

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Companies run by generations of pedos and who sexualize extremely young-looking cartoons? What's wrong with that! So then let's buy up every single kid-related franchise and make sure we get all the eyeballs to advertise to. I think Joe Camel is less awful.

On the other hand, if I want to watch something from them, I pirate it. Some content is decent, and as long as they don't get money or ads from me, I'm good.

Dcoins

First Name
Donald Coins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
On the JK, flipping it gave you more clearance for viewing under it, and gave more of a downward angle, which some people found to be better. But if you had the auto-dimming mirror with lights, then the dimming didn't work right, and the lights became useless.

The JT no longer has lights, and I don't know what effect it would have on dimming. I looked at mine and it would definitely add clearance, which is limited with the ACC box in the way. So I will try it.
Thank you for the explanation...

OP
OP
TJWilly

TJWilly

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry the delay. Yeah. It is a personal choice as to if you think it helps with visibility. I like the wider view at the top than the bottom. I have not put enough time in the divers seat to see if it is really as beneficial as it was with the Tj and jk. Five jeeps later this is just a thing I do now. Lol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
TJWilly
I've mounted in my other Jeep's to mirror as high as possible and flipped over on my LJ too. So far I've worried about breaking the JT one off trying to do this hack. Now that I have been reminded of it again, I need to try to.

Sponsored

jrb517

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow - Bright White, 2008 BMW 328i e93
Occupation
Software
Flipping the mirror does nothing
Got bored on my lunch break and did this yesterday... you have about 2 inches below the mount and 1 inch above the mount before flipping. Flip it and what do you get? About an inch more clearance. Worth it.

Source: math :like:

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Got bored on my lunch break and did this yesterday... you have about 2 inches below the mount and 1 inch above the mount before flipping. Flip it and what do you get? About an inch more clearance. Worth it.

Source: math :like:
Still don't see the point plus at night my mirror makes the vehicles behind me look distorted flipped upside down.