First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
You want a picture of a mirror that's been turned upside down???

The auto night dimming distortion was one of the problems with the JK. It seems like everyone who likes this "mod" has the cheaper mirror with no dimming. Still, I'm going to try it shortly, I'm taking the Jeep to the dealer for a warranty repair.
Sponsored

rdcox23

First Name
R.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
You want a picture of a mirror that's been turned upside down???
Seemed like I was going to break something when I started turning mine. Didn't know if I needed to take it completely loose and then remount or what.

jrb517

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow - Bright White, 2008 BMW 328i e93
Occupation
Software
Seemed like I was going to break something when I started turning mine. Didn't know if I needed to take it completely loose and then remount or what.
It does hit the plastic above the windshield where the airbag indicator lights are. you have to push that up with some force for it to barely squeeze by. Don't worry, the plastic has some "give" to it.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I tried and found no way to do this on one with AAC/ASG and the auto-dimming mirror. It hits hard plastic. Unless it can be removed, turned, and re-installed. Like with the JKs, this only seems to work on models without the extra features.

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
Couldn't do mine . I dont have acc but I have auto dimming. It doesn't seem to fit to turn it around.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry the delay. Yeah. It is a personal choice as to if you think it helps with visibility. I like the wider view at the top than the bottom. I have not put enough time in the divers seat to see if it is really as beneficial as it was with the Tj and jk. Five jeeps later this is just a thing I do now. Lol
If you have ACC/FCW, the mirror is already wider at the top. The design of the box prevents the mirror from being turned upside down and remaining useable.

rdcox23

First Name
R.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just tried this............popped my mirror out of the socket and had one heck of a time putting it back together. Had to disassemble the entire thing. But it's flipped now!

Just turn the stem towards the driver's side and it will pop out. You can then easily flip the mirror and reinstall without much hassle at all. I learned this the hard way.

Last edited:

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you are 6 ft tall or so it will make sense to you. So short people need not apply, unless you use a booster seat...:LOL::LOL: now if some company comes out with a short shank rear view mirror...

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Just tried this............popped my mirror out of the socket and had one heck of a time putting it back together. Had to disassemble the entire thing. But it's flipped now!

Just turn the stem towards the driver's side and it will pop out. You can then easily flip the mirror and reinstall without much hassle at all. I learned this the hard way.
Do you have the ACC and/or collision avoidance box? Auto-dimming mirror?

OP
OP
TJWilly

TJWilly

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Do you have the ACC and/or collision avoidance box? Auto-dimming mirror?
Don’t know about the auto dimming portion but I see the option to turn it on or off in uconnect. I do not have active cruise control. I have the lane detection system.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
The reason I ask the question is that adaptive/auto braking have a huge box behind the mirror for the RADAR and camera. Others don't. So our mirrors are different, and this whole thing is different for each option.

rdcox23

First Name
R.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Auto dimming, yes. I don't think I have the adaptive cruise control.

I believe the auto dimming feature still works.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Don’t know about the auto dimming portion but I see the option to turn it on or off in uconnect. I do not have active cruise control. I have the lane detection system.
There’s a lane detection system?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Perhaps he means the blind spot warning system, AKA Active Safety Group.
Probably. The only lane detection is in the ACC, and it's used to determine whether a car is in front of you in your lane. There's no user interaction with the lane detection in the ACC. There's a different option for a warning system that tells you when a car approaches from behind in the lanes next to you, and the same system also alerts when you are backing up and a car is crossing on a potential collision course.

ACC has a huge box on the windshield, which the mirror attaches to. It houses a camera and RADAR. The lane and reverse warning stuff is run by RADAR units in the tail lights, under the big black area on the side of it.
Sponsored