TAZER MINI vs JSCAN

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
It’s one of the options on the radio. I moved it to where it’s one of the choices across the bottom of the radio screen so I just push that button on the Home Screen and it comes on.
Thats what I did with my front camera button. I can switch to the rear camera from there.
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The cheaper one works fine for things almost anyone here would do.
What was it that the cheaper OBD readers failed at? Was it data logging? They couldn't keep up??

I'm just curious.

It’s one of the options on the radio. I moved it to where it’s one of the choices across the bottom of the radio screen so I just push that button on the Home Screen and it comes on.
Thanks. That's good to know.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
What was it that the cheaper OBD readers failed at? Was it data logging? They couldn't keep up??

I'm just curious.
AlfaOBD's website includes a lot more info about this than JScan's.

The OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth or OBDLink EX USB are the recommended interfaces for the cars with high-speed CAN bus on pins 6 and 14 and the middle-speed CAN bus on the pins 3 and 11 of the car OBD socket. These are most of the PowerNet and CUSW-based Chrysler/Dodge/Ram(with the exception of RAM Pro Master before 2022 and RAM Pro Master City)/Jeep vehicles starting from about 2012, and Fiat Tipo/Egea. No additional adapters are needed on these cars when using OBDLink EX or MX+. As the OBDLink interfaces have high communication speed they are especially recommended for the Body computer configuration adjustment and odometer correction on Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Jeep vehicles.
Note: Alfa Romeo Giulia/Stelvio, Fiat 500E(2020+)/500X/Argo/Chronos/Toro, Jeep Renegade/Compass (MP), and RAM Pro Master (2022+) require the "grey" adapter (see below) for the access to the second high-speed CAN bus.

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Thats what I did with my front camera button. I can switch to the rear camera from there.
The front camera on the radio is grayed out on mine (8,4"), and when I click on camera options it opens a message saying visit dealer to unlock, but then still lets me view the options and change stuff.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I have the 7”. To move one of the buttons you just press and hold it and drag it to where you want it.
On the 7 inch, I can only activate it while I'm on the app screen though. So I have to navigate there first. When using Android Auto, that requires a lot of scrolling and button tapping on the touch screen. Then it disappears after a few seconds. The double tap mute setting stays in as long as you like, and can be activated from any screen. I like the turncam too.

Sponsored

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
On the 7 inch, I can only activate it while I'm on the app screen though. So I have to navigate there first. When using Android Auto, that requires a lot of scrolling and button tapping on the touch screen. Then it disappears after a few seconds. The double tap mute setting stays in as long as you like, and can be activated from any screen. I like the turncam too.
I also have the 7” and it can be moved to be one of your buttons across the bottom of your main screen so it’s just one touch, no scrolling. From the apps, just hold it down and drag it to the bottom.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also have the 7” and it can be moved to be one of your buttons across the bottom of your main screen so it’s just one touch, no scrolling. From the apps, just hold it down and drag it to the bottom.
Not when android auto is on. The Uconnect apps don't show at the same time AA is running. It takes up the whole screen, leaving only the AA menu button and the last AA app used. You have to hit the button at the bottom left, then scroll to uconnect, and then find the camera button then. And Android Auto is always running for me, because it's my gps and usually my music.
Jeep Gladiator TAZER MINI vs JSCAN IMG20221006172113

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Not when android auto is on. The Uconnect apps don't show at the same time AA is running. It takes up the whole screen, leaving only the AA menu button and the last AA app used. You have to hit the button at the bottom left, then scroll to uconnect, and then find the camera button then. And Android Auto is always running for me, because it's my gps and usually my music.
oh ok, I use Apple Car Play and it leaves them down there.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oh ok, I use Apple Car Play and it leaves them down there.
Makes sense, and explains why we were on different pages. On my old car, so did Android auto. But not in the Jeep

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

RAAK_FJ

First Name
Guero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator (x2) StingRay & Black
Bump for additional information/updates. Very good information.

Nigelcorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willy's Ecodiesel
Weird. I use Android Auto as well, but I still have the buttons at the bottom. I have the 8.4", if that matters. I have one of the permanent buttons on the bottom set to the rear view camera, accessible at any speed without needing Tazer/Jscan/etc.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
The features I personally use?

the auto start/stop disable
the turn cam
the license plate blanking
controlling the bed/reverse lights from the keyfob
toggling the reverse cam with the mute button
hood alarm
Flashing the 3rd brake light

None of those can be done with Jscan.
Yup I use most of those too

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Weird. I use Android Auto as well, but I still have the buttons at the bottom. I have the 8.4", if that matters. I have one of the permanent buttons on the bottom set to the rear view camera, accessible at any speed without needing Tazer/Jscan/etc.
Not on the 7". Just on the 8.4". One of the perks of the upgraded screen, I suppose. Once in Android Auto on the 7", only Android screen shortcuts show up at the bottom once you open an app. You have to go the the main Android auto screen to exit or to open another app.
Sponsored