My OEM Front Trail Cam install thread

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Before going through with this, do yourself a favor and go test drive one with it. Had I done that, I wouldn’t have installed this. It’s really not much of a help and the picture detail is wanting. Would have saved me over a grand, several hours and many bloody knuckles had I done that.
I’d like to see where I’m going when cresting a hill that has me seeing nothing but blue sky.
Sponsored

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I’d like to see where I’m going when cresting a hill that has me seeing nothing but blue sky.
Yup, one of the biggest reasons I did it and in Moab it gave me great views of the clouds.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Wait I thought you didn’t recommend it?
I don’t. That’s one of the biggest reasons I wanted to do it, but it didn’t help. It doesn’t show what is on the other side, it just gives a great picture of the clouds.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I don’t. That’s one of the biggest reasons I wanted to do it, but it didn’t help. It doesn’t show what is on the other side, it just gives a great picture of the clouds.
At least it lets you see how close you get to the car in front of you.

Sponsored

luckblackbird

First Name
Ugur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave / Sand Runner
Will mopar release a trail cam retrofit kit by any chance ?

Unfortunately, my Mojave did not come with the trail cam. If I do this perfectly described install by myself my warranty will be void!

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Will mopar release a trail cam retrofit kit by any chance ?

Unfortunately, my Mojave did not come with the trail cam. If I do this perfectly described install by myself my warranty will be void!
I can't see how they can void your warranty by installing factory parts.

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
So when I went and bought my Rubicon take off grill it came with a bonus trail cam, and I've been meaning to get around to making the thing work.

One big question I've got is has anyone gotten it to work with the Mopar 7 inch radio? I'm wondering if I can use something like the Z-auto camera kit to get it working with that screen and the trail cam, or if there's a way to hack the CVPM to work with the smaller screen.

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
You won't get the OEM trailcam working with the 7.0. It cannot understand the CVPM output.

What grill are you replacing with a 'Rubicon takeoff'??

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
My truck is a sport, so it came with the simple one piece grill, I wanted a Rubicon grill for the granite colored accents around the lights/grill slots to match my Oracle headlights.

Jeep Gladiator My OEM Front Trail Cam install thread IMG_4785

Jeep Gladiator My OEM Front Trail Cam install thread IMG_5128.JPG

Too bad about the CVPM not working with the 7 inch radio, although I figured that was a long shot.

Wondering if I can retrofit the Z-Auto camera into the trail-cam housing, or if upgrading to a Stinger 10" radio system might make more sense to get a better radio setup AND the trail cam working. Don't really want to buy the 8.4 coming from the 7, not that big an improvement.

Sponsored

Daa03c

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2022
Occupation
Healthcare
Oh Boy, I am about to take the plunge and tackle this project.
Ordering the 1 billion parts now. I cant find the camera grill part that ecidiego posted.
"6QN24RXFAC Front camera grille section". The only one I can find is 6QN24RXFAD and it mentions that it replaces AC. Not sure how to proceed.

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Oh Boy, I am about to take the plunge and tackle this project.
Ordering the 1 billion parts now. I cant find the camera grill part that ecidiego posted.
"6QN24RXFAC Front camera grille section". The only one I can find is 6QN24RXFAD and it mentions that it replaces AC. Not sure how to proceed.
New revision it looks like. This is common. I'd feel confident as BAM says good to go 2020 thru 2022.

Always pay attention to the years. That's what bit me on CVPM. The new AD grille seems to indicate all years...probably updated to 2023 too soon. If BAM says it fits your year and it doesn't....money back.

Jeep Gladiator My OEM Front Trail Cam install thread Screenshot_20221108-210559_Brave

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I've edited my parts list due to grille part number change.

Daa03c

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2022
Occupation
Healthcare
Anyway to use Jscan instead of alfaobd? I have a 2022 i have not bought Alfaobd but I saw people were having issues with the 2022 models. I might have misunderstood.
Sponsored