Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
It's similar to the other devices available, same function in a different package. The Smart Start/Stop device is essentially the same thing from a forum supporter.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Just get the Smart Stop/Start. Send a PM to Steve @SmartStopStart.com and he'll give you a code for a forum member discount and maybe even free shipping. That's what I did and I'm very happy with my purchase.

OP
OP
OVERLORD

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Just get the Smart Stop/Start. Send a PM to Steve @SmartStopStart.com and he'll give you a code for a forum member discount. That's what I did and I'm very happy with my purchase.
You've used the Smart/Stop Start?

Happy with it?

Might you have a link?

I would prefer to support a board member!

Thanks!

Sponsored

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
I had one of these day one in my truck, no issues at all. All these do is basically just push the button electronically for you.

Eventually I replaced it with a tazer mostly to get the license plate lights to turn off in reverse. Very happy with that decision.

wakeup2river

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
Maybe I’m weird but I’d prefer to just hit the button. Being able to see that the auto stop, start is “ready” based on the dash read out tells me at least the battery is good.

Just recently I noticed the start stop indicator was always in “not ready” mode. I figured cool but something was wrong So I took it in and got 2 new batteries under warranty, they were 20 months old. The dealer said you were about to be stranded good thing you came in. There was no other sign like slow to turn over at start that would have indicated bad battery

OP
OP
OVERLORD

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My AUX battery is beginning to fail, main battery load tested good, picked up a new AUX battery, awaiting install. I would imagine, even with device installed, the error messages for a failing AUX battery would still show.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
You've used the Smart/Stop Start?

Happy with it?

Might you have a link?

I would prefer to support a board member!

Thanks!
I see that you found it. I've been using it for about 6 months and it works perfectly. I'm very happy with it.

SoCalGlad

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Race Driving Instructor +
I might have an easier and cost free way of eliminating the Autostop....just remove the switch under the hood...picture enclosed...use to be asst service mgr for a Chrysler store and hated test drives because of the auto stop asked one of the techs about it and he showed me how easy to disconnect so when I bought my Gladiator Rubicon three years ago I disconnected it before I drove off the lot and haven't had any trouble for three years. To be clear you do not disconnect the switch just remove it from the bracket and let stay connected but the switch assy lays on top of some other cabling below the bracket. Hope this helps ya and saves some money......when you sell the Jeep just put it back and it will work again. Basically when removed from bracket the Jeep thinks the hood is open...and stop/start not needed.

Jeep Gladiator Stumbled upon this... Autostop Eliminator IMG_2149

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/can-we-disable-the-auto-stop-start.30471/

https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/autostop-eliminator-any-issues.2432854/

I might have an easier and cost free way of eliminating the Autostop....just remove the switch under the hood...picture enclosed...use to be asst service mgr for a Chrysler store and hated test drives because of the auto stop asked one of the techs about it and he showed me how easy to disconnect so when I bought my Gladiator Rubicon three years ago I disconnected it before I drove off the lot and haven't had any trouble for three years. To be clear you do not disconnect the switch just remove it from the bracket and let stay connected but the switch assy lays on top of some other cabling below the bracket. Hope this helps ya and saves some money......when you sell the Jeep just put it back and it will work again. Basically when removed from bracket the Jeep thinks the hood is open...and stop/start not needed.

Jeep Gladiator Stumbled upon this... Autostop Eliminator IMG_2149
Avengers unite!

Kirk*Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Jeep Mojave/toyota camry
I installed one right after buying my gladiator. It's a simple install

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
I might have an easier and cost free way of eliminating the Autostop....just remove the switch under the hood....
While this does work, you lose the ability to use remote start (if you have it of course), which for me is a definite no go..

OP
OP
OVERLORD

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, unaware of that. I don't use it often, but a handy option!

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Thanks, unaware of that. I don't use it often, but a handy option!
Yeah, unfortunately that's one of the several things that can disable remote start (low fuel, check engine light, hood open...)
Sponsored