Sponsored

Gladiator versus Ford Ranger

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
If you want a good laugh check out this video’s review...particularly the rear seat area..

Functional As F, rear seating and storage!
Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Functional As F, rear seating and storage!
Where did you find this guy ? I couldn't finish watching (about 1/2 of) . It was more because of the Vehicle than the persons delivery of the info. ! Gaps, Gaps, so many Gaps ! "Plain-Jane" you say ? Dogging on it ? Is that a sexual innuendo ? SO many bleeps ! I'll be kind & give the vehicle a 'D' grade - sorry Ranger fans . . . I used to dig the Rangers . . . the hockey team, not this one . I will say, as I have in other threads, the 310 torque value for a 4cyl./10spd. is Nice, and something Jeep needs to improve on ! The mpg's, as per TFL's testing, also disappoints IF your considering this thing .
It AIN"T no JEEP, so NO for me, on that . ;)

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
That sucks! I hate body lifts! The look of the truck is awesome though! Too bad it's not a real life kit.
It’s not a body lift. It’s a leveling kit that raises the front end 2.5” I think and eliminates the factory rake which then gives you clearance for 33s. Pretty easy mod. Bodylifts are hideous tho.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Where did you find this guy ? I couldn't finish watching (about 1/2 of) . It was more because of the Vehicle than the persons delivery of the info. ! Gaps, Gaps, so many Gaps ! "Plain-Jane" you say ? Dogging on it ? Is that a sexual innuendo ? SO many bleeps ! I'll be kind & give the vehicle a 'D' grade - sorry Ranger fans . . . I used to dig the Rangers . . . the hockey team, not this one . I will say, as I have in other threads, the 310 torque value for a 4cyl./10spd. is Nice, and something Jeep needs to improve on ! The mpg's, as per TFL's testing, also disappoints IF your considering this thing .
It AIN"T no JEEP, so NO for me, on that . ;)
i'd pay many thousands ($10-20k more probably) for the JT than any other truck, but this easily knocks out any ideas of the ranger being a contender for me.

Doesn't the JT have the best rear seat room in the midsize segment? That's kinda big for me with 2 kids in carseats and hopefully a dog this spring.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s not a body lift. It’s a leveling kit that raises the front end 2.5” I think and eliminates the factory rake which then gives you clearance for 33s. Pretty easy mod. Bodylifts are hideous tho.
i need to read up on all these lifts. don't know which is which, any good resources? lifting jeeps for dummies 2019 edition?

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Doesn't the JT have the best rear seat room in the midsize segment? That's kinda big for me with 2 kids in carseats and hopefully a dog this spring.
Yep, and that's why the Gladiator is nearly as long as a full size truck. The engine bay is long and the cabin is long. That makes the Gladiator a foot or more longer than other midsize trucks, despite still having the same useful space in the cargo bed.

If you don't park in a garage, the Gladiator dimensions work out better I think.

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
i need to read up on all these lifts. don't know which is which, any good resources? lifting jeeps for dummies 2019 edition?
Lol the leveling kit is just 2 spacers that go above the top spring perches, and this will raise the front end 2/3” to make the truck level again. From the factory they make them purposely with a rake for towing reasons. Bodylift actually raises the body off frame a few inches with use of pucks. I wouldn’t opt for the bodylift myself. And the suspension lift is all new shocks and springs.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, and that's why the Gladiator is nearly as long as a full size truck. The engine bay is long and the cabin is long. That makes the Gladiator a foot or more longer than other midsize trucks, despite still having the same useful space in the cargo bed.

If you don't park in a garage, the Gladiator dimensions work out better I think.
i'm looking to put a 40-50 foot 3rd stall on my garage in the next few years, so outside or in, should fit fine. lol

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol the leveling kit is just 2 spacers that go above the top spring perches, and this will raise the front end 2/3” to make the truck level again. From the factory they make them purposely with a rake for towing reasons. Bodylift actually raises the body off frame a few inches with use of pucks. I wouldn’t opt for the bodylift myself. And the suspension lift is all new shocks and springs.
suspension lift FTW definately. Thanks for the breakdown.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
i'd pay many thousands ($10-20k more probably) for the JT than any other truck, but this easily knocks out any ideas of the ranger being a contender for me.

Don't quote me, but I believe that is true (for now)

OP
OP
lrtexasman

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe

Gladiator is only 6” longer than Tacoma and 8” over Ranger. Still over a foot shorter than Silverado and F150.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Gladiator is only 6” longer than Tacoma and 8” over Ranger. Still over a foot shorter than Silverado and F150.
Yeah, I honestly don’t know where this ‘as long as an F-150’ narrative came from, but I’ve been hearing it literally since the day the JT was introduced.
Sponsored