Ram new Diesel specs

KirkG

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 2017 F-150, 2019 JLUR
If they have all the emissions finally sorted I will get the diesel in my Gladiator :rock:
Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Not necessarily. Just because it is rated to a certain power level on the dyno, doesn't mean that it changes what the vehicle they are putting it into can do. The cooling issue means that while you have plenty of power on the ready, you still cannot put more than X amount of weight on it or behind it.

My guess is that they will derate the Sport Max town by 500-600 pounds. I think if it goes any lower and they risk aleinating customers.
Sport Max Town?? I take it you mean Sport S with max tow. IMO the diesel will only be available in the Overland and Rubicon. Not just a random opinion, based on what FCA has done with other product lines. Although anything is possible at this point.....

Krazy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 310gs
So much temptation, wonder how long we have to wait to get the number$ ,already waiting for gator, might have to wait a little longer

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So much temptation, wonder how long we have to wait to get the number$ ,already waiting for gator, might have to wait a little longer
Supposedly, the RAM can be ordered with the new diesel this summer with deliveries commencing August, so perhaps soon for the Ram cost. Probably not until Oct/Nov before we know how Jeep is going to nail us.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if any one caught it in the TFL video but they claim Chevy will be offering the diesel for same cost as the 6.2l...so $2495. So starting the price war.

Sponsored

Centexan

First Name
Coleburn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ram 2500
Sport Max Town?? I take it you mean Sport S with max tow. IMO the diesel will only be available in the Overland and Rubicon. Not just a random opinion, based on what FCA has done with other product lines. Although anything is possible at this point.....
Yes, I meant the Sport S Max Tow. I figured the diesel would be available across the lineup. I guess we will see.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Yes, I meant the Sport S Max Tow. I figured the diesel would be available across the lineup. I guess we will see.
Hmmm...
(From a Jalopnik article)

94FE3150-A9C2-4F91-B37D-D081010E5A1B.png

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I’m just wondering if there’s any reason that the Gladiator wouldn’t have this same engine.

I sure hope so. : )

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I’m just wondering if there’s any reason that the Gladiator wouldn’t have this same engine.

I sure hope so. : )
Unlikely in my opinion.

Same reason the Ram's Pentastar is tuned for 305 HP and the Jeep's is 285.

Sponsored

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Unlikely in my opinion.

Same reason the Ram's Pentastar is tuned for 305 HP and the Jeep's is 285.
I think it'll still be detuned, but the same engine. Which is good. Hopefully it will be made similar wit ha GDE tune.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think it'll still be detuned, but the same engine. Which is good. Hopefully it will be made similar wit ha GDE tune.
Oh, yeah, of course it'll be the same engine. They don't make multiple engines. I assumed he meant the HP/torque numbers. The Ram usually has higher power numbers because they have more space to increase intake/exhaust efficiency. At least, that's the case for the 3.6L.

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Oh, yeah, of course it'll be the same engine. They don't make multiple engines. I assumed he meant the HP/torque numbers. The Ram usually has higher power numbers because they have more space to increase intake/exhaust efficiency. At least, that's the case for the 3.6L.
Even if it has the same numbers as my current wk2 ecodeisel, I don't care. They need to hurry up. THe waiting is killing me. It's hard to see them on FB and popping up locally.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah they keep saying November for the Ram, so the question I guess is how much longer after that before they open order banks for other models? I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being the 2021 calendar year before we actually see EcoDiesel open for ordering on JT/JL...if ever. Remember, they've been promising this engine for JL since late 2017.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah they keep saying November for the Ram, so the question I guess is how much longer after that before they open order banks for other models? I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being the 2021 calendar year before we actually see EcoDiesel open for ordering on JT/JL...if ever. Remember, they've been promising this engine for JL since late 2017.
No Sir, current promise for RAM is on the streets in Aug. And Wrangler in Nov.

The TFL video guys said 4th qtr and of course I only think of 4th qtr as July-Sep (DoD fiscal year), no idea what FCAs is...Calender year or aligned with Gov fiscal calendar?

nothing firmer than 2021 model year for JT
Sponsored